1.    #1  
    I bought a 256 SD Sandisk card three days ago. It works great but sticks out of the Treo 600 too much.

The SanDisk card sticks out about 16 or 32 of an inch - plenty to make this troublesome.

Several times a day I go to take my Treo out of my pocket and the card ejects or is already ejected because anything it hits makes it pop out. I'm afraid I'l going to loose my 256 card sometimes.

Has anyone else had this problem. If so I wonder if it's the disk or Treo anomoly on my unit or just the way all disks and Treos are?? What a BAD design flaw if all disks stick out too much.

I'm thinking about shaving down the edge of the disk but thought I'd ask this forum first in case I should take back the card (or treo...).

- K
    Try a search on "sd card slot" and you'll be led to this thread (amongst others)...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=38708

You can also check the "SD/IO Cards" discussion...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/f66/s

A few people have tried a number of different solutions.
    Last edited by satyric; 11/02/2003 at 01:51 PM.
    Happy shaving. I used a bench grinder to make it a bit smaller and still have a bit more work to do. I think I'll use the dremmel. I have had it pop out only one time in the week I have had it. Until my HS case comes in, it lives in my left front pocket.
    Ben

-===========

Originally posted by kevingoldman
    I bought a 256 SD Sandisk card three days ago. It works great but sticks out of the Treo 600 too much.

The SanDisk card sticks out about 16 or 32 of an inch - plenty to make this troublesome.

Several times a day I go to take my Treo out of my pocket and the card ejects or is already ejected because anything it hits makes it pop out. I'm afraid I'l going to loose my 256 card sometimes.

Has anyone else had this problem. If so I wonder if it's the disk or Treo anomoly on my unit or just the way all disks and Treos are?? What a BAD design flaw if all disks stick out too much.

I'm thinking about shaving down the edge of the disk but thought I'd ask this forum first in case I should take back the card (or treo...).

- K