Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know whether the upcoming (maybe tomorrow?) SIM-free GSM version that is supposed to be sold via US distributors will differ in any way from the currently available SIM-free GSM version sold by www.treostore.com for the European market?

    /Christopher
  2. #2  
    No significant differences, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $except$ $minor$ $stuff$ $like$ $electric$ $plug$ $configurations$.
  3. #3  
    The most important difference : The Price :-(
    treostore = 899 ( $ 1000)
  4. #4  
    I think if you buy an orange gsm 600 tjat it comes in the dark case. The usa and unlocked version will have a silver case. other than that I believe they are the same.
  5. #5  
    In addition to the differences in the case color, the software bundle will be different. I believe Orange bundles a full office suite (QuickOffice Premier) with it. The US carriers have not made any announcements with regard to software bundles.

    Handspring only includes a Documents To Go Viewer (you can't edit Office documents with it).
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by grenness
    Does anyone know whether the upcoming (maybe tomorrow?) SIM-free GSM version that is supposed to be sold via US distributors will differ in any way from the currently available SIM-free GSM version sold by www.treostore.com for the European market?

    /Christopher
    with 'SIM-free' do you mean without a SIM card or and unlocked model?
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by ToolkiT

    with 'SIM-free' do you mean without a SIM card or and unlocked model?
    Both... ;-)

    I meant an unlocked unit, thus it won't come with a SIM card...
  8. #8  
    You also get a 32MB MMC card and idot's guide with the Orange UK GSM Treo.
  9. Chaser81's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #9  
    Originally posted by Insp_Gadget
    In addition to the differences in the case color, the software bundle will be different. I believe Orange bundles a full office suite (QuickOffice Premier) with it. The US carriers have not made any announcements with regard to software bundles.

    Handspring only includes a Documents To Go Viewer (you can't edit Office documents with it).
    I have the Orange GSM Version, where was my Quick Office Premier software? No fair!
    "Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil... cause I have a big stick! And I am the meanest mutherf***er in the valley!" -Deep Blue Sea
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by Insp_Gadget
    In addition to the differences in the case color, the software bundle will be different. I believe Orange bundles a full office suite (QuickOffice Premier) with it. The US carriers have not made any announcements with regard to software bundles.

    Handspring only includes a Documents To Go Viewer (you can't edit Office documents with it).
    No, the Orange (at least mine) has the Docs to Go viewer too but no Quick Office Premier...

Posting Permissions