Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    Or more specifically the T|E. Has anyone done this yet? There's a huge thread over at cliesoure detailing how to get the enhanced PIM on a UX50. Does anyone want to try this out!?

    P.S. Here's a nice article explaining the updated PIM...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/02/2003 at 02:42 PM.
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #2  
    *bump* C'mon, someone has got to have tried this!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. iJITSU's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #3  
    If I ever get a treo I might try it, but I wonder if the smart look up and direct dialing would work on the 600.
  4. #4  
    I just got my Treo, so not willing to try yet. I was a pocket PC user, so the added functionality would be nice....
  5. purpleZ
    purpleZ's Avatar
    #5  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic [/B]
    These are stolen apps. Shame!
  6. #6  
    Gfunk, this is your mother. Shame on you. Shame, Shame, Shame!
  7.    #7  
    First of all you cannot buy the emhanced PIM. Secondly, it's not stealing if you're just trying to transfer the PIM apps from another Pda that you own, which I have! Thus, please don't lecture me! Anyway, if you really want to find the PIM apps, you just do a search. Furthermore, there have been threads on this subject at almost every forum including PIC, trecentral, brighthand, cliesource etc. NONE of this boards has censored discussion on this topic. In addition there have been threads and even stories about similar workarounds including:

    -transferring G2 with classic graffiti
    -use webpro instead of blazer
    -switching old PIM with enhanced PIM
    -porting handspring email client to cdma Treo600
    -porting palm phone dialer to clies
    -etc

    These are all technical workarounds of which you would EXPECT to find discussions on these and various forums. So lets get back to the topic! Has anyone tired this yet? I'm gonna give it a whirl but I would appreciate if anyone here has already experiemted with this...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8. purpleZ
    purpleZ's Avatar
    #8  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    First of all you cannot buy the emhanced PIM. Secondly, it's not stealing if you're just trying to transfer the PIM apps from another Pda that you own, which I have! Thus, please don't lecture me! Anyway, if you really want to find the PIM apps, you just do a search. Furthermore, there have been threads on this subject at almost every forum including PIC, trecentral, brighthand, cliesource etc. NONE of this boards has censored discussion on this topic. In addition there have been threads and even stories about similar workarounds including:

    -transferring G2 with classic graffiti
    -use webpro instead of blazer
    -switching old PIM with enhanced PIM
    -porting handspring email client to cdma Treo600
    -porting palm phone dialer to clies
    -etc

    These are all technical workarounds of which you would EXPECT to find discussions on these and various forums. So lets get back to the topic! Has anyone tired this yet? I'm gonna give it a whirl but I would appreciate if anyone here has already experiemted with this...
    So based on the above, since others are stealing, then it must be ok.

    Guess what? If you are not licenced to use an application, you are not supposed to use it. Period. It doesn't matter whether or not the application is for sale separately. Are you truely too blind to see this, or are you just rationalizing theft? If Treocentral or any other site wants to facilitate software theft, they should simply admit it and then open the floodgates. Why not have a download site for krack3d appz? Why not How-tos on the best way to rip off Treos from the Sprint stores?

    I can't believe the moderators haven't shut this type of activity down. Another thread is full of thieves begging for the Handspring email app which they feel is rightfully theirs because Evil Sprint "deprived" them of it.

    It's a sad day when purpleX has better moral standing than a lot of people here.
  9.    #9  
    PurpleZ, you've already made your statement and even started another thread on this subject, so why don't you make you .02 in that thread Ok? If you don't want to discuss this then fine, but you're not a moderator so get off your high horse and leave this thread for those who do want to discuss this!

    Guess what? If you are not licenced to use an application, you are not supposed to use it. Period
    Give it a rest buddy! The idea that its illegal for me to try to transfer the enhanced PIM from the T|E that I JUST BOUGHT to the Treo 600 WHICH I ALSO BOUGHT is ridiculous!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10. purpleZ
    purpleZ's Avatar
    #10  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    PurpleZ, you've already made your statement and even started another thread on this subject, so why don't you make you .02 in that thread Ok? If you don't want to discuss this then fine, but you're not a moderator so get off your high horse and leave this thread for those who do want to discuss this!

    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guess what? If you are not licenced to use an application, you are not supposed to use it. Period

    Give it a rest buddy! The idea that its illegal for me to try to transfer the enhanced PIM from the T|E that I JUST BOUGHT to the Treo 600 WHICH I ALSO BOUGHT is ridiculous!

    Nice to see your true character. You post a link to stolen apps, inviting others to download them and install them on their Treos. Then you try to justify theft with a child-like series of explanations that even an eight year old could pick apart.

    So you have a T|E. Are you sure your software license permits you to remove any applications from it and put them on another device? Or is this your latest "interpretation"? Are people also allowed to post those applications for "backup" or "experimental" purposes? That's simply pathetic.

    Now I see why Handspring is leery about this site.

    No, I'm not a moderator, but if this board was moderated, the kind of activity you promote would not happen. It's unfortunate that someone as enthusiastic about Palms as you are could be so blind.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by purpleZ



    Nice to see your true character. You post a link to stolen apps, inviting others to download them and install them on their Treos. Then you try to justify theft with a child-like series of explanations that even an eight year old could pick apart.
    GAWD! Are you sure you're not purpleX? Listen buddy, if you didn't notice, I removed that link a long time ago. Now begone and stop hyjacking my thread! If want to quesiton my "character" then you can PM me and we can discuss it further. Otherwise, I think I'm perfectly justified in wanting to find out if this procedure is technically possible. If anything I'ld appreciate if the mods here would remove YOUR flames from this discusion...

    So you have a T|E. Are you sure your software license permits you to remove any applications from it and put them on another device? Or is this your latest "interpretation"? Are people also allowed to post those applications for "backup" or "experimental" purposes? That's simply pathetic.
    According to the license agreement that came with the units, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $is$ $that$ $you$ $can$ $do$ $this$, $as$ $long$ $as$ $you$ $use$ $the$ $software$ $on$ $one$ ($1$) $device$ $only$. $i$.$e$. $if$ $you$ $use$ $it$ $on$ $the$ $Treo600$, $you$ $have$ $to$ $discontinue$ $use$ $of$ $the$ $E$ $while$ $you$ $do$ $so$. $Thus$, $for$ $experimental$ $purposes$, $it$ $is$ $indeed$ $legal$.
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/02/2003 at 04:09 PM.
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  12. #12  
    I never thought I'd agree with anything any Purple person says, but I do agree this time. Posting a link to stolen apps is bad and should be censored and licenses don't give you the right to transfer software from one device to another.
    Last edited by silverado; 11/02/2003 at 06:17 PM.
  13. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #13  
    What you're describing is the equivalent of buying a desktop PC with MS Office installed, and then asking for help in copying it over to your laptop so you can use it on that one, too.

    Now, if you were to delete it from your desktop after installing it on your laptop, you should be fine, but are you going to do that with your T|E PIM apps?

    If you want free software, write/support open source software. The new PIM apps aren't exactly the result of rocket science, so start a sourceforge project ;-)
  14.    #14  
    Gee...Why wasn't anyone *****ing about this when they were transferring classic graffiti over their G2 enabled devices! Additionally, I'm not sharing any files with anyone besides myself. The offending link was removed long ago if you didn't notice! I think I'm perfectly with in my right to tinker with this stuff since I own both devices. Furthermore, if you think this thead should be removed, then so should all the threads dealng with classic graffit, webpro, and even running the T600 on Verizon!

    Anyway, for anyone isn't offended by this discussion, is there any compatibility problems with the low rez screen of the T600?
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  15. purpleZ
    purpleZ's Avatar
    #15  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic


    GAWD! Are you sure you're not purpleX? Listen buddy, if you didn't notice, I removed that link a long time ago. Now begone and stop hyjacking my thread! If want to quesiton my "character" then you can PM me and we can discuss it further. Otherwise, I think I'm perfectly justified in wanting to find out if this procedure is technically possible. If anything I'ld appreciate if the mods here would remove YOUR flames from this discusion...



    According to the license agreement that came with the units, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $is$ $that$ $you$ $can$ $do$ $this$, $as$ $long$ $as$ $you$ $use$ $the$ $software$ $on$ $one$ ($1$) $device$ $only$. $i$.$e$. $if$ $you$ $use$ $it$ $on$ $the$ $Treo600$, $you$ $have$ $to$ $discontinue$ $use$ $of$ $the$ $E$ $while$ $you$ $do$ $so$. $Thus$, $for$ $experimental$ $purposes$, $it$ $is$ $indeed$ $legal$.
    So you just removed the direct link to the stolen applications but leave up the original link to the discussions about how to use the stolen apps and keep begging for advice on using stolen apps in a Treo. And that's supposed to make it all right? You're unbelievable. You should delete your posts and apologize for advocating piracy. I find hypocritical behaviour like yours even more odious than that of the warez k1ddi3z.

    You accuse me of flaming you. All I have done is point out the fact that you are promoting theft. In your eyes, if that constitutes flaming, so be it.

    And no, you aren't free to rip applications off any device and use it as you please. Nice try, though. Why don't you just go back to the "well everyone else is doing it" argument? At least that one had a child-like innocence about it.

    Do the right thing: delete your posts.
  16. #16  
    OK, this has devolved into a flame fest.

    As long as the EULA does not state that an app is limited to the hardware in question, and there is no violation of the DCMA, then gfunk is within his rights - as long as he does indeed own the T3.
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by purpleZ


    So you just removed the direct link to the stolen applications but leave up the original link to the discussions about how to use the stolen apps and keep begging for advice on using stolen apps in a Treo. And that's supposed to make it all right? You're unbelievable. You should delete your posts and apologize for advocating piracy. I find hypocritical behaviour like yours even more odious than that of the warez k1ddi3z.

    You accuse me of flaming you. All I have done is point out the fact that you are promoting theft. In your eyes, if that constitutes flaming, so be it.

    And no, you aren't free to rip applications off any device and use it as you please. Nice try, though. Why don't you just go back to the "well everyone else is doing it" argument? At least that one had a child-like innocence about it.

    Do the right thing: delete your posts.
    Are you that naive? It doesn't matter if I linked to that thread or not. If someone really wanted to find those files, they would have done regardless by simply doing a search. They certianly don't need my help. Also, I didn't steal anything since I've repeatedly stated that I own a T|E. Did you even read my posts? Furthermore, I haven't seen you reprimanding people in other threads discussing the transfer of G2 etc, so I'ld advise you to tread carefully before declaring anyone a hypocrite! Anyway, if you really want to go into this further, you can email me at gfunkmagic@yahoo.com. I live in soflo and would be happy to meet you over coffee if you wanna discuss this more purplex...er, I mean purplez.
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/02/2003 at 05:20 PM.
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  18. purpleZ
    purpleZ's Avatar
    #18  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic


    Are you that naive? It doesn't matter if I linked to that thread or not. If someone really wanted to find those files, they would have done regardless by simply doing a search. They certianly don't need my help. Also, I didn't steal anything since I've repeatedly stated that I own a T|E. Did you even read my posts? Furthermore, I haven't seen you reprimanding people in other threads discussing the transfer of G2 etc, so I'ld advise you to tread carefully before declaring anyone a hypocrite! Anyway, if you really want to go into this further, you can email me at gfunkmagic@yahoo.com. I live in soflo and would be happy to meet you over coffee if you wanna discuss this more purplex...er, I mean purplez.

    Yes, if you hadn't opened the door for the thieves, they would have smashed a window anyway. Good one. Whatever you do, don't go into law school.

    I have only been here for a few days and didn't see posts about the other items you mentioned. If Treocentral has promoted stealing other applications, I'm shocked. You are not licenced to "borrow" any applications and put them on any Palm you want to. If you believe otherwise, you're fooling yourself. Another website devoted to CLIEs has promoted the theft of a variety of licensed apps - including browsers - in the recent past.

    THIS IS WRONG

    Just because people do it and "moderators" apparently turn a blind eye to it doesn't make it right. I've read posts elsewhere in which people justify ripping off the original Graffiti files because they don't like the new version. Guess what? You aren't licensed to do that. Palm is being sued over the original Graffiti, so don't expect them to want to have anything to do with any site that facilites continued (unlicensed) use of the original files.

    Do you see any difference between trading the new Palm PIM apps/WebPro browser/Graffiti 1/Handspring Email app/NetFront vs. trading cracked copies of commercial software and shareware? Is it ok to steal if it's from a big company? Or how about only if the company in also manufacturing hardware? Or if you once bought a previous version from the company? How about if you can't afford the app? Or if you just want to "evaluate" it? For three years. How about if you feel the company is being greedy and shouldn't be "forcing" you to buy its service? Or if other people were given the app for free?

    IT DOESN'T MATTER. IT'S STILL WRONG TO STEAL
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by purpleZ
    IT'S STILL WRONG TO STEAL
    Useless gimmick account troll.
  20. #20  
    You might as well start a new thread Gfunk. This one's been hijacked!

    FWIW, I'm only interested in the new "Contacts" but I'm too scared to try....I've been thru enough with this Treo and I've only had it for a lil over a week! I'm also a little concerned b/c of a) what does the lack of a hi-res screen do with software programming for the Treo, and 2) Aren't the PIM apps for the 320x480 screen? Or are the same PIM apps on the T|E as well?

    Also FWIW, about the whole software thing.....if you people don't like it don't post. Don't hate on others for doing so. This has been done several times over, which doesn't make it ok in some people's eyes obviously.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions