1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I just got my Handspring audio adapter and have a problem...

I use it to play MP3's on my car stereo. But the plug seems to be a snug fit, however if you jiggle it, or move it even a little, the music will come out of the phone. So it isn't fitting snugly enough.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Also if I wiggle it a little it will alternate between being in stereo and in mono.

please help! ps. I also found the radio shack version to be too loose fitting...
  2.    #2  
    am I really the only one with this problem?
    no same here
    Thanks,
    intysf@cs.com
    TreoCentral.com
    Product Page Editor
    I have that problem with my Jabra headset.
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    I'm using an adapter I modified myself and have the same problem.

Not too bad as long as you don't go jogging with it!

Even if you jog it's fine if you hold it so the adpater doesn't bump around in your pocket.
    i just went running and had no problems at all. the handspring 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter fits very snug.
    I just got mine in the mail today. I noticed the same thing...if you move it, the sound quality isn't good and it may go thru the speaker on the phone. Major oversight for a $600 phone. I wonder if the HS headphones work better?
    I just got mine today too, and it works perfect! Are you trying to insert the adapter through a hole in a case or something? The original radioshack one I had would pop out, but I fixed it by trimming it. The handspring one is perfect.
    The Treo 600 has some sort of internal mechanism to ensure that you are listening to it using headphones.

See this thread for a solution:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...car+audio.html
    my radioshack adapter works fine after a lil trim. i can plug in headphones with no problem. however, my car casette adapter is a different story. i just cannot get it to work w/the adapter. it is very frustrating.
    I am also finding abnormal behavior with my handspring audio adapter plug.. When i plug headphones into it, it works fine. However, when I plug my home stereo into it, music still comes out the phone's speaker.

Any insight?

-Aaron