Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    My problem is that I *did* register, but it basically crashes more often (9 times out of 10) than it plays any of my own movies. Seems to just get overwhelmed with the large amount of action in my videos, because I rarely shoot anything with a fixed background, be it because I'm panning across a busy sky to follow an R/C glider, or have my camera mounted in my car, motorcycle or airborn on a glider. Just wreaks havok with the minimum acceptible bitrate. Sigh. I really want it to work.

ian
  2.    #42  
    Originally posted by Daemon
    My problem is that I *did* register, but it basically crashes more often (9 times out of 10) than it plays any of my own movies. Seems to just get overwhelmed with the large amount of action in my videos, because I rarely shoot anything with a fixed background, be it because I'm panning across a busy sky to follow an R/C glider, or have my camera mounted in my car, motorcycle or airborn on a glider. Just wreaks havok with the minimum acceptible bitrate. Sigh. I really want it to work.

ian
    That's strange. I've had the registered software for about three weeks and have watched three or so full length movies encoded using Virtualdub and the DIVX codec and never had one crash. As a matter of fact, the latest version 0.2.5 has never given me any problems.

Be sure that you are using the latest Treo600 skin file. None of the others will worth properly. Also, I believe the way the file is encoded means a lot. As I stated above, videos encoded using the DIVX codec at 192kbps have been flawless. I am able to scan ahead and have not encountered any audio/video sync issues.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    [edit]Can't delete this post, and I need to do some more experimentation before posting..
    Last edited by Daemon; 11/16/2003 at 08:12 PM.
    i cant get virtual dub to work correctly...

I am encoding using the DIVX plugin at 96kbps with audo at 40kbps and using the built in resize for the divx plugin.... I get videos that are very choppy

However... some people have posted that they use up to 192kbps w/o choppyness...

how are u encoding the files? MPEG?

thanx
    -n
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Video's probably choppy because you're encoding at too low a video bitrate. Aim for somewhere between 160-192kbps total.
    Starting by loading the video, then the Treo VD profile.
    I set the audio at 32kbps Lame MP3, use the resize filter in Virtual dub (with bicubic resize for best quality) and tell DiVX to encode at 160-192kbps single pass. Also, if you go into the prefs and turn on the buffer indicators you can see if the video is too busy for the default video or audio buffers, and bump up their size as needed. (Hit the "i" in the corner to get info on all the settings in prefs)

I'm having better luck since I finally got the skins sorted out (guess I assumed the Treo 600 skin came with the update that said it had added support for the Treo 600.. but it doesn't, and it wasn't immediately obvious on the skin's page). Some of my videos still can overwhelm it, even at 160kbps, but others that didn't play at all before, are happier now.

ian
    Version 0.2.6 is now out, and works even better than before for me. One key added feature is a Volume Booster.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I just installed the new mmplayer and used divx to go from quick time to avi . ..
    the video looks pretty good, but the audio cuts out after hlaf a second ...any ideas?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hey guy's
    I just bought the lastest version of MMplayer (0.2.6) But i need a how to approach for "dummies" I just want to know how to get the T.V shows and the movies to the treo 600. What do I need to download? and how do I go about it? and where are the T.V shows? Please help.
    On a post in this thread, someone mentioned that they could not listen to MMplayer thru the headphones with the external speaker turned off. Is this still true of MMplayer? What about Kinoma?

On another note, this thread began some time ago and it was mentioned early on to use Virtualdub version 1.5.4 or earlier. Is this still true? I'd like to use the latest version (1.5.10) if there are no compatibility issues.

Thanks, Mike
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    0.2.7 is out. Registered users need to get new keys.
    Does anyone have the ability to create a MMPlayer skin which is simple like the "MMSkin_Treo600.xml" skin but also has a volume control? I have nothing but trouble with the "MMDefaultSkin.xml" skin.
    Hey rventuri, I tried to use your settings on virtualdub, and it gives me an error message that says "the source image format is not acceptable". Is there something I am doing wrong?
  13. Daz
    All these complaints you all are having makes me think Kinoma is the best way to go. It maybe slow but it has never crashed, or failed in sound, or be as difficult as mmplayer. I have over ten 20 min tv shows( on SD cards.)and none fade or disrupt my treo 600 multimedia experience. Super easy, no special configurations. I drag and drop avi, MQV, etc into my Kinoma Producer and bamm it just works!! It always sounds and looks great, for being on a phone!!

What more do you need! We're not talking plasma screen and 5.1 surround sound. Give me 160x120 clear video, sync to clear stereo sound and a SD card to hold my favorite episodes and I'm set.
    I have to agree with Daz... MMPlayer is just too much trouble. It keeps crashing on me in the middle of videos even though I have the Treo 600 skin installed and have disabled "Use Buttons" in the preferences, as mentioned above. Too bad, because I like the fact that the MMPlayer "Roadmap" includes support for streaming video. Maybe I'll try again in a few months...but for now, it's Kinoma for me!

By the way, I asked earlier in this thread if the sound output to headphones was fixed. I installed MMPlayer 0.2.7 and it will output to headphones only (with speaker off). Kinoma also supports headphones only.

-Mike
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    I have to say that I love MMPlayer - I've had good experiences, very few crashes and (once you get the hang of Virtual Dub) very easy conversion.
    What conversion settings do you use with Virtual Dub? My audio is always a little bit off of the video. Not horrible, but a little anoying! Thanks!!!
    Video and Audio can be just a bit off - the current version of mmplayer has a manual adjustment that works for some phones, but it's not working for T600 yet. I'm betting that'll come soon.
    Sorry - double post.
    Last edited by Bujin; 12/30/2003 at 11:41 PM.
    I tried the new version of MMplayer. The sound volume seem to degrade as the mp3 music file plays.
    Have switched back to Ptunes.
    Anybody else have this problem?
    Originally posted by hshimans
    I tried the new version of MMplayer. The sound volume seem to degrade as the mp3 music file plays.
    Have switched back to Ptunes.
    Anybody else have this problem?
    This is MMPlayer's "nag". Give it a license key, the problem goes away.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast