Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    On the Treo600 the only sound options seem to be external speaker or not at all. Is there a way to get sound through the Headphones ? If not is this feature beeing developed ?

On another note, I did some battey testing the other day, using the following settings. Video encoded at 120 kbps, Audio at 24 kbps
    Screen Brightness to Full, Ext Audio Vol at 20%

Results:
    Battery Droped 13% per Hour of Video played.

This wsa consistent accross three hours of video, and with a 30 min test I had conducted previouly.

So if you do the math, on a full battery, you could play 7+ hours of video.
    Impressive
    I'm using MM Jobmaker to encode for MMPlayer. It's a little tool that generates a job for VirtualDub and then launches VirtualJob to do the encoding job. It has a much simpler interface, which is great if you're like me and all this encoding stuff is going way over your head.

If I could only find the link from where I downloaded it...I'm pretty sure I saw it mentioned in the forum on mmplayer.com.

Here's another link that may be useful for people wondering what codecs etc. to install. The page explains how to configure your PC for ZoomPlayer, a very nice media player, but after installing all the stuff listed you should have enough on board to run VirtualDub correctly as well. Don't worry if you're initially scared by all the jargon - so was I but I followed all the instructions and it does work as promised.
    Originally posted by rventuri
    First ... don't use any version of Virtualdub above 1.5.4. Newer versions don't seem to function well. I am using 1.5.1

Any idea where I can get 1.5.4? I checked the virtuadub site but the link to old versions is dead.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Originally posted by DolphinDan
    Does anyone knows if you can use Virtualdube to convert into Kinoma files? Kinoma Producer does the job, but way too slow. By the way, the new version of MMPlayer crashes my T600, using the regular skin or the new skin. Everytime I want to exit, it just does a soft reset...any cure for this? Thanks
    Yes my Treo 600 is crashing after leaving mmplayer too. And I cannot find the files in my card (the AVIs)

Any ideas? Any way to see what files are in the SD card?
    I've tried MMPlayer, TealMovie, and Kinoma. Kinoma wins my vote. Super easy, no problems, and I love that you can use the 5way nav button to back up or go forward a few seconds at a time. I use it to practice dance moves with my girlfriend when we go dancing. Its perfect for that. Even Windows Media Player on my Pocket PC which I got just for this purpose a few months ago, doesn't work as well as Kinoma. Only thing with Kinoma, is that I think they can improve the video quality slightly. It's better than tealmovie at least, IMO. And a heck of a lot faster at producing movies. Tealmovie is "really" slow. I'm not sure what it is about the Kinoma videos, they are crisp, but almost as if they apply too much "sharpening" effect. The fine details are a little rough. And its not just the 160 resolution of the treo. Tealmovie videos are have finer details, but I prefer the overall quality of the video that Kinoma has. I learn a lot from other people's opinions so thought I'd share mine.
    I've come up with a pretty easy encoding scheme for Mac users for the greatest compatibility using MMPlayer on a T600.

First of all, I tried using ffmpegX and Mencoder extensively. They all "seem" to work but the playback was complete crap when transferred to the T600. This was done using every engine available in ff and menc.

The solution, as crappy as it may be, is to use the DivX software for Quicktime. It's a $20 purchase, with a free trial but well worth it.

Open any Quicktime editable file (with the exception of MPEG files) into QT Pro.

Export to DivX .avi

In the settings, set your video to 160x96 for a 16:9 source or 160x120 for a 4:3 source. Then, use a bitrate anywhere from 75 to 95kbps.

For the audio, use 32kbps or higher, otherwise it will not encode it. It will ACT like it is, but it won't.

If your audio source is either .ac3 or .ogg, be sure to install the Quicktime components for playback of these codecs. I also STRONGLY recommend having the 3ivx codec installed if your source is Xvid, or any other MPEG4 variant.

The resulting .avi file will work out EXTREMELY well and plays PERFECTLY (and looks pretty good and sounds really good) on your T600. I encoded a 90 minute movie using these settings and the resulting file was only 70MB!!! Granted it looks like crap on the Mac (or any computer) but on the T600 it rules. You can realistically fit 3-4 movies on ONE 256MB SD card.

Well worth the money.

If you want me to help you further, look me up in the Mac video forum on www.dvdrhelp.com, as I am not here too often.
    im using the latest version of mmplayer and it always does a soft reset after playing a few seconds of an .avi file with the wireless mode set to on.
    I had the same problem but if I choose the Treo600 skin it works all fine. However, when I quit MMplayer i get a soft reset every single time. I am sure this will get fixed and other than that I really only have good things to say about MMplayer, I did not even know I would get this nice little extra feature with a Treo 600!!! Happy days
    After reading this thread, I thought I would give MMPlayer a shot. I installed it with the treo600 skin. Then while a song was playing, I tried to access the menu bar at the top and.....crash (soft reset).

I would love to have this player work, as I have tons of seinfeld episodes I would to be able to watch on my treo!!!

mansona
    At least for me, on my GSM 600, mmplayer had many of these crashing / soft reset symptoms until I disabled "use hard buttons" in the preferences. That, combined with the Treo600 skin, seems to have resolved all the issues I was having.
    I have 2 seinfeld episodes on my Treo 600. I always get a soft reset when I hit the play button after loading an episode on my play list. Every once in a while, It will play, and then there is no problems, and its great........any sugestions? Please help, I have the latest version .2.5, and the treo600 skin.......Thanks

Ken
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    try disabling new pen and soft booting preemptively
    Originally posted by mansona
    After reading this thread, I thought I would give MMPlayer a shot. I installed it with the treo600 skin. Then while a song was playing, I tried to access the menu bar at the top and.....crash (soft reset).

mansona
    Exit MMplayer by hitting the Home button, then go from there. If you hit the Menu bar, it will reset. They haven't fix that bug yet. Otherwise, it works just fine!
    Didn't realize that I downloaded the Treo600 skin, but never assigned it. Did that and everything works fine, the bummer is I liked the other skin but oh well. Now I just need some more tv shows. Any ideas where to get? Thanks

Ken
    Originally posted by bakerman1
    Didn't realize that I downloaded the Treo600 skin, but never assigned it. Did that and everything works fine, the bummer is I liked the other skin but oh well. Now I just need some more tv shows. Any ideas where to get? Thanks

Ken
    Try the Treo Multimedia group
    Mac OS X Users:

Please disregard the methods described above for encoding for a T600 and see this thread:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187907

I have posted a more in depth how-to on encoding video files for T600 optimization under Mac OS X using only FREE utilities.

Alternatively, the thread linked to above would work just as well for Linux users.

I am working on a GUI for this program, but for now it is command line only.

Let me know if you have any ?'s, but please respond to me in the DVDRHelp.Com forums.

Cheers!
    Has anyone else had a problem with the audio fading out after 30 - 45 seconds of play? I can not get it back with out restarting the video clip.
    I'm trying the seinfeld episodes as a test.

Thanks
    Originally posted by ferrarinu
    Has anyone else had a problem with the audio fading out after 30 - 45 seconds of play? I can not get it back with out restarting the video clip.
    I'm trying the seinfeld episodes as a test.

Thanks
    Happened to me too. I haven't had time to fool around with anything yet to see what might be happening.
    I think it was revealed in another thread that this was a 'feature' of the trial version - the paid version of course doesn't do that.
    I was afraid to register for fear that it was not part of the trial. It would be nice if on their web site somewhere they stated this, but I could not find it.

However, I have since registered due almost entirely to the fact that so many other people have it working with out a problem and it works great for me now too.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast