Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I'm looking particularly for the theme from Dallas, but not the same one i seem to be finding all over the web. I'm looking for one without the intro. By the time the ringtone is up to the recognizable part of the tune i've answered the phone, so it just does no good for me. OR, does anyone know how i can take the intro off the existing ringtone. I've never worked with MIDI before but am very familiar with other sound formats and hacking them. I'm on a Mac running OSX if anyone knows of any software for this.
    thanks
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    randyg,

I do not know of a Mac MIDI program off of the top of my head. I have a PC and use AnvilStudio, http://www.anvilstudio.com .

If you have the MIDI file, email it to me and I will delete the "Intro". I usually shrink the MIDI to fit within 30secs of play time, that's about 4-5 rings on the cell phone.

Dave Lindberg
    lindberg at nmprofessional dot com
    how do you assign midi files as ring tone in treo 600??? i was able to load the midi tones on the sd card but i cant seem to access the file when i try to assign the tones on my phone ringer....i also tried loading the midi tone on the palm directly but it wont accept....it says i can only loand pbc or prc files directly to palm.

thanks!
    Chuaaa,

You can either:
    1- Place your ringtone on a webite and use Broswer 3.0 (a.k.a Web) to click on it to download, or
    2- Email it to yourself using an email program that supports attachments and open the attachment.

Midi files have to be phone resident, not SD/MMC card resident and must be loaded into the Ring Tone Database using one of the above methods.

Dave Lindberg
    thanks alot......

btw...would you know of any public sites where i can download some nice midi tones i can use for my ringer!
    Chuaaa,

As per Handspring.com checkout: www.mididb.com . They have a good selection. Get Midi files under 64K, or they will not load!

Also try: www.treo600essentials.com . I've placed two ringtones here: Pulp Fiction Theme (**** Dale on guitar) and Rocky Horror Picture Show Theme (Time Warp). Each is 30 sec in length.

Also try: www.3gwiz.com . It costs: $10/year membership but I think is well worth it if you do not want to modify any Midi data. And, they can email the ringtones right to your phone.

Good hunting,
    Dave Lindberg
    Can you not transfer them to the phone directly via the cable?

when you're charged a lot for mb/s it would be good to not have to download them on the phone
    Originally posted by mr_tim
    Can you not transfer them to the phone directly via the cable?

when you're charged a lot for mb/s it would be good to not have to download them on the phone
    see this thread - it has a few different options...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=41450
    have u tried the MIDI Ring Tone Loader Deluxe? it lets you transfer your midi ringtones to your treo smartphone through your hotsync cable. your allowed to transfer 3 ringtones free. you can download a free copy at http://www.i-eshop.com/treo. the software says it will also let you crop your ringtones so you can transfer a portion of the exact section of the song or turn up the volume on the midi instruments