1.    #1  
    My buddy just got two 600’s for him and his girl. They both live in NYC and are having trouble getting their E-mail on the unit. They can go to the web and see their mail on the sprint site and get notification messages on there treos when an e-mail is sent to them, but they can not view them using Eudora. Apparently there was no app included on the device to view mail. We walked through the Eudora set-up together and I told him what to put in the pop, smpt, user id, and password fields but he keeps getting an authentification failed error.

Any idea what might be wrong? Any treo folks in the NY area that had trouble with mail the first few days they had the 600? The “no help” desk said he needs to wait 72 hours for his mail to work, but everyone I have talked to who has a 600 said their mail worker right off the bat.

-J
    Included on the phone is Sprint Business Connection. It is included with the Vision Professional Pack, which I think is part of the Treo Package. It allows you to check Pop addresses, and other email on the treo, and send and reply.

Or use snappermail http://www.snappermail.com/palm/email/ (see other threads), it is a good pop email client that supports the treo...
  3.    #3  
    philliptiongson

thanks. The "no help" desk tried to walk him through using that as well but it didnt work either. thats when the told him that he needed to wait 72 hours. and are u saying that snappermail will work on the 600 but no eudora? i have both on my 300 and they work fine. is eudora not compatible with the 600 somehow?
  4.    #4  
    ....so I take it no one else has had any trouble in the NYC area with the 600?

J.
    No trouble here, I connected right away got e-mail still getting e-mail all is well, where do they live, if they buy me a drink I'll fix them up with snappermail no problem

L
    Originally posted by jptsr1
    My buddy just got two 600’s for him and his girl. They both live in NYC and are having trouble getting their E-mail on the unit. They can go to the web and see their mail on the sprint site and get notification messages on there treos when an e-mail is sent to them, but they can not view them using Eudora. Apparently there was no app included on the device to view mail. We walked through the Eudora set-up together and I told him what to put in the pop, smpt, user id, and password fields but he keeps getting an authentification failed error.

Any idea what might be wrong? Any treo folks in the NY area that had trouble with mail the first few days they had the 600? The “no help” desk said he needs to wait 72 hours for his mail to work, but everyone I have talked to who has a 600 said their mail worker right off the bat.

-J
    You sure they're not getting the e-mails? There'a known bug with Eudora and the Treo 600 that when the e-mails arrive, the inbox is empty...you must then go to another folder and then back to the inbox to see the messages. I suggest, as mentioned already, trying Snappermail. You can download a free trial version and see if that works for them. That's the way to go anyway.
  7.    #7  
    thanks for the help fellas but they got frustrated and decided to take them back before the 14 days is up and they are stuck with them. the no help folks tried to tell them that it was some kind of network problem. my buddy decided he wasnt going to wait for sprint to stall him so that he couldnt get a refund.

-J