Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih

ToonFan:

Notice how dead on I was on this? Not that it wasnt obvoise, but anyway it seems my statment is going to be correct.

In-addition, I do find HS customer service to be poor. I find the fact that they were unable to provide us any information besides "a few weeks" as poor customer service. The fact that earlier today it said a couple of weeks and right now you can actually purchase a cing 600 is silly.

It seems that you are offended somehow about my statements. You say that I am negative, I don't agree. I had my hopes up, but decided to stop that sharade.

I wonder if it is because you don't like to hear to the truth.. or you just want me to "hope" with you. I understand your fusteration, I can't wait for my gsm 600. I want it just as bad as you. But unlike you I would rather have a real time estimate, and little fake dates that get my hopes up only fusterate me further and provide me nothing that you speak of.
    You are a generally negative person, or at least that's he way you come across in your posts. "A few weeks" is not close to poor customer service. It's an ETA, which is termed "Estimated" for a reason.

I don't mind hearing the truth at all, but it seems that my interpretation of the truth differs greatly from yours. Also, having worked for several prime manufacturers and a Mobile Service Provider in previous lives, I understand that some products don't get introduced when planned, despite a company's best efforts and plans. It happens. The company doesn't want it to happen, the retailers don't want it to happen, and customers don't want it to happen. But it does. The fact that there are people who believe HS intentionally lied, or deliberately delayed the launch don't have the slightest understanding of how product development works. What is silly is the belief that a public company would intentionally delay the launch of a hot product that has received excellent advanced positive exposure to the market. If they had them ready for sale, they would sell them.

The notion that you, and others, take the delay as some sort of personal insult is ludicrous. I, as well as others, really want to buy a T-MO 600. I'm disappointed I can't buy it yet. But I am obviously more equipped to deal in reality and perspective better that some others on here.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Toonfan:

You are assuming again, and the fact you are making personal attacks is silly. If you read my posts carefully you will see that I state only what HS has said about release of product. This being, nothing concrete. So where my posts might be negative to you, they may be positive to others. People who read these boards hoping for somthing that never happends because of a rumor!! that just sucks. When all I do is note that HS isn't being concrete and that people shouldnt reley on the rumors.. this is negative? I think not.

The fact that you don't agree with my comments with HS customer service is fine. We all have a right to our opinions. I am not going to get upset because you like/love their service. I am happy for you. Infact I really like HS product, which is the reason I am buying the 600.

My opinion is that HS should of given us updates as to the status. Somthing better than "a few weeks". Then they say that they "expect" to see all the carriers and unlocked units out by end of month. I can easily understand them missing their mark. NO problem here at all. For whatever reason they have, that is ok with me. To not keep us in the loop is where I have a problem. Its like going to dinner and ordering some food and your food comes to you 1 1/2 hours after ordering it. That would **** me off. If in the same situation.. my waiter came and told me that they screwed up on my food and it would take longer and he was sorry.. I wouldnt care and just order another glass of wine. This is the difference between good customer service and poor. I am sorry if you dont agree but this is my opinion and I know a lot of other HS customers that feel the same.

In business being responsible isnt about always about doing things when you promised them. Being responsible is communicating the status of things clearly so that the people you are working with (vendors/customers/etc) know how to work around it. This also applies to situations where you havnt promised anything but that it is assumed. Profesional people are very carefull about making sure that expectations are set clearly at the beginning and updated frequently along the way.
    Last edited by farzonalmaneih; 11/03/2003 at 12:58 PM.
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Toonfan:

You are assuming again, and the fact you are making personal attacks is silly. If you read my posts carefully you will see that I state only what HS has said about release of product. This being, nothing concrete. So where my posts might be negative to you, they may be positive to others. People who read these boards hoping for somthing that never happends because of a rumor!! that just sucks. When all I do is note that HS isn't being concrete and that people shouldnt reley on the rumors.. this is negative? I think not.

The fact that you don't agree with my comments with HS customer service is fine. We all have a right to our opinions. I am not going to get upset because you like/love their service. I am happy for you. Infact I really like HS product, which is the reason I am buying the 600.

My opinion is that HS should of given us updates as to the status. Somthing better than "a few weeks". Then they say that they "expect" to see all the carriers and unlocked units out by end of month. I can easily understand them missing their mark. NO problem here at all. For whatever reason they have, that is ok with me. To not keep us in the loop is where I have a problem. Its like going to dinner and ordering some food and your food comes to you 1 1/2 hours after ordering it. That would **** me off. If in the same situation.. my waiter came and told me that they screwed up on my food and it would take longer and he was sorry.. I wouldnt care and just order another glass of wine. This is the difference between good customer service and poor. I am sorry if you dont agree but this is my opinion and I know a lot of other HS customers that feel the same.

In business being responsible isnt about always about doing things when you promised them. Being responsible is communicating the status of things clearly so that the people you are working with (vendors/customers/etc) know how to work around it. This also applies to situations where you havnt promised anything but that it is assumed. Profesional people are very carefull about making sure that expectations are set clearly at the beginning and updated frequently along the way.
    There were no personal attacks. But sorry if you took it that way.

Have you ever considered that the delay could be TMO's, and not HS? In this case, what is HS supposed to do? Throw TMO (a business partner) under the bus? In this case, it would be best to be non specific when they couldn't give you an exact date.

As for your restaurant analogy: It comes down to expectations. If I am at a highly rated Michelin restaurant where a meal includes several courses and goes on for hours, then I would not be disappointed when presented with my main course an hour and a half after ordering. However, as you say, if this were to happen at an Olive Garden (if by some freak of nature I would actually step into one of these), then I would be quite angry. And you are correct in that a comment from the waiter as to a mistake would be appropriate.

But back to the expectations: I've never expected the 600 until told it was available. I knew it would be the Fall, but until it is announced as available by HS, it isn't available. It's no more complicated than that. There is no obligation for HS, or any other company to keep end users "in the loop".

And to read statements on here from some posters chastising HS for the pre-order situation is contradictory. Isn't this what they want? A chance to order with a definitive ship date?
    Am I the only one who wants to give HS a break? I blame TMo. Someone else mentioned that TMo wanted some crappy customization software put on the treo for its crappy T-Zone promotion/service. Given that cingular doen't have such a crappy "proprietary" web, it seems obvious that the hold up is TMobile.
    In my opinion, TMobile is misguided in worrying about having T-zone set up and all tweaked for release of the Treo. The only people who will use that tzone crap will be soccer moms and teenage girls anyway--Treo early adopters won't be interested in getting pictures of puppies for the backdrop of their screen anyway.
    Oh well. We wait. I'm sure this is some dumba$$ at TMo being difficult about the t-zone software. I say, hurry up and get it done, if that's what you're going to do.
    Originally posted by jsl94117
    Am I the only one who wants to give HS a break? I blame TMo. Someone else mentioned that TMo wanted some crappy customization software put on the treo for its crappy T-Zone promotion/service. Given that cingular doen't have such a crappy "proprietary" web, it seems obvious that the hold up is TMobile.
    In my opinion, TMobile is misguided in worrying about having T-zone set up and all tweaked for release of the Treo. The only people who will use that tzone crap will be soccer moms and teenage girls anyway--Treo early adopters won't be interested in getting pictures of puppies for the backdrop of their screen anyway.
    Oh well. We wait. I'm sure this is some dumba$$ at TMo being difficult about the t-zone software. I say, hurry up and get it done, if that's what you're going to do.
    The Cingular version is apparently "tweaked" for Cingular's web, so it would not be any different for TMO to want to take advantage of their proprietary services.

Those soccer moms clog up the Starbucks ordering station with their carmel machiatto skim latte with half de-caf. T-Zones are for them, their pink taffetta track-suits, and their downloaded pictures of puppies.
    Am I the only one who wants to give HS a break? I blame TMo.
    Simply does not fit my facts. If you are a T-Mobile customer and waiting for a T-Mobile phone at a T-Mobile price, then you may be right.

I do not want a T-Mobile phone. I want an unlocked phone at whatever price I am willing to pay. Why should HS give T-Mobile control over whether or not I can get that? They are not able to keep a Cingular customer from getting a Cingular phone. They are not able to keep Europeans or Asians from getting one. It is HS, not T-Mobile, that says only US GSM unlocked customers are at the end of the line.

You may cut HS all the slack you like but, in specific answer to your question, I am willing to give HS the same treatment they have given me. They will not like it any more than I do.

Bend over, HS.
    Last edited by whmurray; 11/03/2003 at 01:55 PM.
    Something else to consider: TMO, like Sprint, has released "branded" Treos on previous models. Cingular has not (no logo on the shell). This may affect rollout. Also, as far as generic T600's are concerned, I'd put good money on Cingular & TMO getting first dibs on production units, but I'd still expect units before the "Christmas rush" ('round Thanksgiving)
    Hey there,

I think some of you are missing the point here. Many of us GSM users are angry because of our current predicament. Some blame T-Mo, some blame HS, whatever. This doesn't matter. Other than jokingly, I don't care if it's T-Mobile's fault, or HS' fault, or Dubinsky's fault or even if it turns out it's a massive conspiracy organized by the Pope and/or the gay mafia. I really don't give a damn about that.

I'm extremely angry because Sprint users have Treos, Orange users have Treos, and -I- don't have a Treo. Whether Dubinsky lied or not is another issue, and I feel she DID lie to us; IMO it wasn't artful dodging. But this is irrelevant. If she lied, good for her, she can be a great politician. If she didn't lie, I STILL don't have my damn Treo. That's why this is so frustrating.

Cheers.
    Originally posted by olavf

Something else to consider: TMO, like Sprint, has released "branded" Treos on previous models. Cingular has not (no logo on the shell). This may affect rollout. Also, as far as generic T600's are concerned, I'd put good money on Cingular & TMO getting first dibs on production units, but I'd still expect units before the "Christmas rush" ('round Thanksgiving)
    What kind of masochistic lickspittles are you guys? I am out of here and If I never see a Treo 600 it will be too soon.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123