Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can only echo all the opinions about this being a much better constructed treo than previous (judging from my Orange GSM - assembled in Mexico - compared with my previous 270).

I would buy and not hesitate and stop focussing on the negative as the earlier poster said.
    Originally posted by The Ugly Truth
    For the few people here that have now had time to actually use both types of Treo 600s, did you notice a difference in the quality of the construction between the two? Does the GSM version feel significantly different from the CDMA version? Is the weight difference noticeable?

I was planning to get a Treo 600 as soon as they came out and then balked after Sprint appeared to be having problems getting things started. After reading a number of posts here, it's starting to appear that the phones may have been rushed out before they were ready for human consumption.

Bottom line: Is the GSM version going to be better than the CDMA version?

Thanks.
    Every one here who thinks that the delay in GSMs is to make them better quality wise is yanking their crank...

The issue has everything to do with mishandled relationships with carriers and NOTHING to do with the build, IMHO.

I doubt very much that there is any retooling going on - otherwise, they will have HUGE problems with Orange and other non-US re-sellers/
    Originally posted by The Ugly Truth

By the way, isn't your user name derived from the Latin word for "burn" (as in "flame")?

VERY GOOD JOB! One of the few people who figured it out! I actually derived it from "fire storm", I never get repeats with this nick when I register on sites. hehe.
    Originally posted by zipmitz

Every one here who thinks that the delay in GSMs is to make them better quality wise is yanking their crank...

The issue has everything to do with mishandled relationships with carriers and NOTHING to do with the build, IMHO.

I doubt very much that there is any retooling going on - otherwise, they will have HUGE problems with Orange and other non-US re-sellers/
    I agree.. the delay is due to the relationships. However, that doesn't mean that we won't get better phone in the meantime. There should be some revision A junk sitting in the warehouses right now, but by the time unlocked GSM comes out, we could be getting revision D's... (perhaps with that improved camera that was rumored on one of the threads)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12