Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I installed Verichat v1.90b on my Sprint T600, and everything works except that when someone ims me, I don't receive the im. I can send msgs to them, but when they reply to me I don't receive it. Any idea whats wrong? I'm not sure if I inputed the right SMS user name. For Sprint users, is it just your phone # or do you have to purchase a special account? Anyway, I hope someone can help me fix my problem. Thanks!
    First ...make sure that there are no names listed in your Shortmail on the Sprint website under your account.

Second while you are there send yourself an SMS message and see if you receive it on your phone...if so then you should be all set. If not send an email to the tech folks ( www.pdaapps.com )
    Their tech support is real good so they should be getting back to you in a relatively short time.

If you need to test with someone ..send me a PM....I'll help you out.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    A little off topic, but I installed the verichat as well and really amazed how well it works (I had a sony nx-90 and the palm app I downloaded for msn sucked). I noticed that when I login and close verichat it still shows me as logged in and I can recieve im's pretty close to real time (my phone rings). My question is would this cut into my airtime minutes with Sprint PCS?
    if you have unlimited Vision from SPrint.......NO. Verichat is data....not voice. If you don't have unlimited Vision...you wil be charged per kb I believe.

IGO
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I had the same situation b3n84. In mine I would have to be in Verichat to recieve IM's. What I finally did was remove Verichat completely. I reinstalled it and this seemed to correct the issue. Not I can be outside of Verichat to recieve notifications.

MiGs
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    how do i check the names under my shortmail in my pcsvision webpage? my sprint web mail is firstqu....@sprintpcs.com instead of 918275....@sprintpcs.com; is that what you mean by name?
    Go to www.sprintpcs.com .....and login

Find your way to Messaging..then Shortmail..

Check to see if there are any names on the list and delete them

That's it.....

IGO
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    My problem is a little bit different:

Using AIM, my chat partners did not recieve every message ...
    RTFM
    support@pdaapps.com let me know that Verichat currently (11/29/2003) does NOT support AOL IM buddy lists > 100 members.

I could send, but not receive, AOL IMs until I trimmed my buddy list. Once I trimmed it down, AOL IM worked fine.