Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is a great web site, u can post pictures and manage a web page from your treo 600. It is cool. Now my wife's fam can keep up with what's going on in our life (long distance) and see pics of it. This thing should be flooded w/ treo 600 users. This almost makes me willing to pay for sms from sprint, but thinking about just using snappermail.

i've taken some good and some bad pics w/ the treo 600. U can see some of them @ craigdts.textamerica.com thinking about putting my review of the treo 600 there soon, been using it for about 3 weeks now.

Anyone else using textamerica.com? I know nrosser and miradu have pages also. It's so easy, i set it up and was posting pics from my treo 600 in less than 2 minutes. Pretty cool.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    what's the cost?
    I'm using it as well. It's completely free. The only thing I don't like is that with Picturemail you can't specify the subject line. On a typical email to text america it'll take the subject line of the email and use it for the picture title.

Of course you can go back later and edit them, but I'd rather have it done all in one shot.
    -former
    I set mine up and its awesome! Check it out at http://offers1.textamerica.com
    It looks like we all seem to like the same "theme". Not a whole lot to choose from. I will probably customize mine when I get some time.

http://BretSnyder.TextAmerica.com
    Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    Ok, two questions on Textamerica:

1. How do you get rid of the google ads?

2. How can we (Treo600 users) send pictures to TA - and include a subject? Everytime I send one, TA puts in their own default... and all I can see to add is the "TO" and hte "message."

Ideas?
    Originally posted by Zaud

2. How can we (Treo600 users) send pictures to TA - and include a subject? Everytime I send one, TA puts in their own default... and all I can see to add is the "TO" and hte "message."

Ideas?
    I've been using this for a bit and like it too. See my sig.

1. You don't...as far as I know.
    2. You need to use a third party email program like snappermail. I do. I save any pic I take to an sd card and can then easily attach it to an email. The subject line becomes the post title. If you're using "share" to email your photos to your blog you can't enter a subject line and therefore, textamerica puts a default title in your posts.
    Great. Thanks for that clarification - and the instructions to use snappermail rather than just "share"

GOT IT!

thanks!
    You can do it with the Handspring-bundled e-mail program, aptly named "Mail". This program ships with the GSM version of the T600, but not with the Sprint T600. It does, however, work great on the Sprint Treo. It's a simple mail program, allowing multiple accounts, and has less features than Snappermail; but you can select an attachment from your phone pictures or ringers without saving to an SD card.

You can find the installer for this mail program to put on your Sprint T600 with a little research. It can't be hosted or the link posted here because there might be an issue with it not being licensed for the Sprint Treo.

Good luck.

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    someone pls email me the link or theH
    Me too, please.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Originally posted by modma
    You can do it with the Handspring-bundled e-mail program, aptly named "Mail". This program ships with the GSM version of the T600, but not with the Sprint T600. It does, however, work great on the Sprint Treo. It's a simple mail program, allowing multiple accounts, and has less features than Snappermail; but you can select an attachment from your phone pictures or ringers without saving to an SD card.

You can find the installer for this mail program to put on your Sprint T600 with a little research. It can't be hosted or the link posted here because there might be an issue with it not being licensed for the Sprint Treo.

Good luck.

-M-
    Are you SURE it can attach pictures without saving to an sd card? The Treo does not save pictures as .jpgs in RAM so it is not possible to attach individual pictures to an email from ram. Unless this mail program has the ability to read them somehow?
    The Handspring Mail program reads the pictures stored in internal memory and converts them to jpg format before attaching it to the e-mail. It works. You just might be able to find a link over at the Treo 600 forums at pdaphonehome.com.

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Here's something I haven't been able to figure out yet - can I make my blog private so only people I give access to can see it? I don't want the whole world seeing my pictures
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Originally posted by Zaud

Ideas?
    Send yourself an email to your Blog site with the pic attached with HS or Snapper and use the Subject line for the Title and the Body line for the body of the blog page.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I will add mine to the mix

http://loondog.textamerica.com
    Oh yes: another Treo picture blog.

http://mobiledc.textamerica.com
    here's mine
    ivyrose.texamerica.com

Also in my sig

I looooove TA. I can't wait to try out posting movies!
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
  19. crp
    Try this:

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...tProducts=4442

It's for the Sprint PCS version of the Treo 600 ONLY.
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    I love textamerica. It's just one more thing I show my friends when showing off the phone.

Oh yeah, here's mine. http://stuartc.textamerica.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast