1.    #1  
    Hi, Iīm from spain and I buy treo 600. It is the firs time that I use treo and I have one problem. I donīt want that when I received a sms , this sms display in the screen. I want only an alert but not display the message. If I show the treo to my friends and somebody send me a sms, everybody can read the message. I try change the sms software and looked the pda but the sms can read still.

Sorry for my bad english

thanks
    No problem on the bad english, I am from the US and my english is bad .... LOL

What you speak of, is something I never thought of. That would be nice to be able to turn off the display SMS function and only have an audible alert.

To my knowlege, there is not a feature for that in the OE form. However, the people at PDA Apps make a great SMS program that you can send SMS with (but I guess you have a GSM version, correct?). Perhaps they can incorparate this into thier next version of Treo600SMS.

Click here, to see the PDA apps site

Good luck, Matt Burkhard
  3.    #3  
    and do you know when the new software is ready to run?
    THe current software (gives the CDMA T600 the ability to send SMS) has been out for a week. They have been pretty good in the past (with the T300 version) of taking hints/advice from people from this board. Send them an email and see if it can be added to the next version that comes out. I assume, that being this is a new platform, there will be a couple of new versions pretty quickly.. just a guess. Also, there is a guy here that does something called Treo Helper, maybe he could do what you want.
    He goes by Potatoho

( http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...124#post250124 )

So yours is a GSM version then?
    Can you send SMS with it, in it's original form?

thanks, Matt
  5.    #5  
    We use GSM system. I can send sms fine.The only problem is that with my old phone we can configure the security and nobody can read sms but in treo 600, when I receive sms, this it display all on the screen and someboy can read it

thanks
    Hello,

I'm also looking for an application that does this. I tried the treohelper, but that didn't work. Is there an application that turns off the SMS alerts? Maybe an application that OKs the alert automatically. Does the treo600sms or the treoalertmanager do this? Its very easy for someone to read your sms messages, even with the phone off and locked. Thanks.
    I guess there isn't an app that does this.

Instead of displaying the first SMS in plain view, is there a way to list it? When you have 2 or more unread SMS messages, there is an alert saying you have 2 unread SMS. Is there a way to get that alert for 1 unread SMS? Thank you.
    Originally posted by briank760
    I guess there isn't an app that does this.

Instead of displaying the first SMS in plain view, is there a way to list it? When you have 2 or more unread SMS messages, there is an alert saying you have 2 unread SMS. Is there a way to get that alert for 1 unread SMS? Thank you.
    Maybe the easy way to do this is to leave 1 SMS unread. Send yourself a SMS that you can leave unread in your inbox. That way, when the next SMS comes in the Treo should display the "you have 2 unread SMS" instead of displaying the text of the newest SMS. If this works, its easier than installing new software.
    Tried that. Doesn't work. Thanks for the advice, though.
  10.    #10  
    Is there somebody that is developing a software to solve that I can have the option of deciding if I want that a sms is show or not ?