1.    #1  
    Is this possible? I know there is the button to turn wireless on and off, but can I use the phone features w/o having to have the data features on, such as wap?
    Originally posted by Nitrous 426
    Is this possible? I know there is the button to turn wireless on and off, but can I use the phone features w/o having to have the data features on, such as wap?
    preferences, network, disconnect
    Originally posted by Nitrous 426
    The simple answer is "no". But let me make sure I understand what you mean... You want to be able to use the phone for voice, yet have the phone's internet capability disabled until you specifically call it up?

What you are describing sounds like dial-up. The whole point of having your phone provisioned for "data services" is that the service is there and waiting (always on) when you open an application that uses it (such as Blazer, the web browser).

Perhaps if you explained what the problem is I might understand what you are trying to accomplish? "Disconnecting" in the Network Preferences might be what you want, but why bother, unless you are having some kind of problem?

By the way, the Treo doesn't use WAP. WAP is a low-bandwidth protocol that many of the simpler cell phones used. The Treo actually gets an IP address and becomes a full-blown internet client using TCP/IP just like your desktop PC. It's just that the Treo hides all the networking crap from you.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.