Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OK... I guess I am wrong.... not the first time...

I did some research and the coby combo headset looks like it will work with the treo 600 however it has 2 different plugs one for the hands free and one for the stereo portion.... you will still need an adapter for the stereo plug as it is too big.....

I believe the headset will work but you will have to change which plug is inserted into the treo and have to use an adapter for the stero prtion, but 1 headset will do it....

I ordered one... they are cheap $7 or so at amazon.com.....

will let you know how/if it works....
    The Colby doesn't work as a handsfree. Please search for "Colby" for my experiences.
    hiya, keep in mind that the colby stereo headset with mike, is not legal to use while driving in most states. In msot states you cannot have both ears covered with headsets, only one ear! take care, jay
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    hiya, keep in mind that the colby stereo headset with mike, is not legal to use while driving in most states. In msot states you cannot have both ears covered with headsets, only one ear! take care, jay
    Heh, goog point, but aren't deaf people allowed to drive?
  5. OJM
    I found this product while looking for a stereo headphone/handsfree kit alternative:

http://www.newaretech.com/ziplinq_europe/audio.html

Take a look at the following item description:

Stereo Headset with Microphone
    ZIP-AUDIO-PC2 / UPC# 724580610540

Our stereo headset features discreet In-the-Ear styling that gives maximum sound quality while remaining unobtrusive. You won't even notice it's there. The in-line microphone offers incredible performance. This is the perfect stereo headset for on-line communications or dictation. Great for PC, Notebook, or Tape Recorder. Use it at home or on the road.

Specifications:
    2.5mm Stereo Jack
    Stereo Earbuds and In-line Microphone
    Durable ABS housing.
    Expands from 4" to 30"

Anyone think it will work on the Treo??? I sent an e-mail asking about sales in the U.S. - no response yet though.
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    There are a couple of threads in the Accessories area that talk about a headphone/headset combo device that is 100% Treo 600 compatible. The company that is currently working on the device is called SkullCandy. They currently make headset/headpnone combo devices for the Treo 300/270/180. The device they are working on for the Treo 600 will allow for stereo music playback and stereo phone answering with one plug into the 600. Here's a link to a recent post from them:

Post from SkullCandy.com
    Last edited by jeeter; 11/04/2003 at 12:29 PM.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
  7. OJM
    I just realized that this unit has seperate jacks for the mic and headphones and won't work Sorry if I got anyones hopes up!
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Hi All,

Good news!!! Seidio has just released a stereo hands free headphone for Treo 600.

This headphone has 2 silver ear buds, a 2.5mm 3 sections audio connector, microphone and volume control.

I used it on my Treo 600 without any problem. So now, I can play games or listen to MP3 in stereo. And whenever there is an incoming call, I can answer the phone. Volume control works great and have a good quality sound.

It's a must have!!

https://www.seidioonline.com/Product...ode=HMESVOT-SL

Also, Treo 600 holster is coming soon from Seidio

http://www.seidioonline.com/photos/HMESVOT-SL-2.jpg
    Last edited by wrxm33; 11/21/2003 at 07:58 PM.
    finally! but the $30 price tag is making me hesitate on it. Hopefully competitors will soon emerge from the labs to provide competitive pricing. Who's going to be the first to review it?
    Originally posted by wrxm33
    Hi All,

Good news!!! Seidio has just released a stereo hands free headphone for Treo 600.

This headphone has 2 silver ear buds, a 2.5mm 3 sections audio connector, volume control, one touch on/off button and microphone.

I used it on my Treo 600 without any problem. So now, I can play games or listen to MP3 in stereo. And whenever there is an incoming call, just press the one touch button, I can answer the phone. Volume control works great and have a good quality sound.

It's a must have!!

https://www.seidioonline.com/Product...ode=HMESVOT-SL

Also, Treo 600 holster is coming soon from Seidio

http://www.seidioonline.com/photos/HMESVOT-SL-2.jpg
    This is a great find. Thanks for the tip. I just ordered mine, along with the car charger. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the headphones will work as expected.
    Originally posted by inspecta gadget
    finally! Who's going to be the first to review it?
    Hopefully, Treo 600 Essentials will be! Seidio should be shipping us an evaluation pair shortly!

Best,
    Derek.
    I do REALLY like the Colby 'around the head' design. I am hoping that Colby, Skullcandy, or even Seidio will design this option for their treo600 compatible dual function hands-free/stereo headsets. Will keep fingers crossed!

Colby link(again):
    http://www.cobyusa.com/product/item2...ee&little_img=
    I just ordered the Seido

About time someone came out with that!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    For anyone who has tried the Seidio

On an incoming phone call, do you hear the voice in both ear pieces or just one?

Thank you for the info
    Uh, by the way guys, it's COBY, not Colby. It's funny because I noticed everybody made the mistake. I guess somehow there's something about Colby that makes the brain associate with it more. Also by the way, I think 'coby' is supposed to be a cheap take on 'sony,' thus you can except 'interesting' levels of quality.

Cheers.
    bump

Has anyone gotten the Seidio headset? Does it switch between stereo and mic/headset like it say it does?
    Originally posted by paqmaster
    bump

Has anyone gotten the Seidio headset? Does it switch between stereo and mic/headset like it say it does?

Yes. I can hear the mp3s and phone calls on both earbuds. It works great.

Yup... can hear the phone call from both ears.
    seidioonline.com/ $5 COUPON enter the
    Coupon Code 87954 at checkout time and get $5.00 off
    Last edited by 13ANDY14; 11/21/2003 at 10:19 PM.
    Looking forward to my Seido stereo earphones/hands-free plugs. I only ordered it 8 days ago...and the website still has nothing more to say than order received. I guess demand for 'all things Treo600' is exceptionally high.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast