Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I tried downloading the HS mail app the other day but it failed. Now it is gone
  2.    #22  
    To All,

As much as I would like to send each and every one of you a copy of the Handspring E-Mail application, I lack the capability or even the amount of time to do so.

My suggestion to all of you who are posting requests, sending me PM's or E-Mail, would be to organize and direct your energy into a far more useful action - petitioning Handspring to publicly release or even state that it is legal to use and/or distribute the application to the CDMA/Sprint platform.

If this can be accomplished, I will be happy to host the application at Treo 600 Essentials for all to enjoy and I suspect TreoCentral will be glad to do the same.

Best,
    Derek.
    Does anyone have a ring tone that makes no noise??????

Ben

----

Originally posted by derek985
    [I have removed the offending website link so the mods should have no problem with me sharing the website address again]

Come visit the Treo 600 Essentials website!

There are lots of great downloads and links!

Feedback is welcome - help me continue to evolve this site!

Here's the link...
    Treo 600 Essentials

Thanks to everyone who has visited! We've had over 4200 hits in less than 48 hours!

See you there!
  4.    #24  
    Originally posted by bclinger
    Does anyone have a ring tone that makes no noise??????

Ben

----

That's an iteresting idea, but why not just turn the phone to mute and (assuming you don't want vibe either) turn vibe off?

Does that not accomplish the same thing?
    No, it does not accomplish the same thing. There is one person that calls and hangs up and the "no ring or none" option means it does not ring for that number.

Ben

---------------------------

That's an iteresting idea, but why not just turn the phone to mute and (assuming you don't want vibe either) turn vibe off?

Does that not accomplish the same thing?
  6.    #26  
    No, it does not accomplish the same thing. There is one person that calls and hangs up and the "no ring or none" option means it does not ring for that number.

Ben

---------------------------

Ah, I see what you're getting at. I've created one for you and put it up on my site.

Good idea!
    D.
    Pardon my stupidity, I did not realize you were associated with that site, which I checked earlier in my pursuit....

I'll check it out.

Thanks for the kindness. Ben

-------------

Ah, I see what you're getting at. I've created one for you and put it up on my site.

Good idea!
    D.
    Derek, I just visited the site and did not see it. Ben

Good idea!
    D.
    I see it now!

Thanks - it's off to play land with it. I may need to ask how to do this.

Ben

=--------

Derek, I just visited the site and did not see it. Ben

Derik - the question now is how is this incorporated into the phone midi file?

Gosh....

Thanks, Ben

Good idea!
    D.
  11.    #31  
    Make a speed dial favorite for the person and then click the more button at the bottom right hand of the add favorite window. Select the silence ringtone from the ringtone drop down menu. This is where you can also link a picture for caller ID purposes.

Hope this helps.

D.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Ben,

Search the forums for info. on installing ringtones.

One way is to e-mail it to yourself and retrieve the e-mail on your Treo (assuming you have a client like Snappermail installed which allows you to work with attachments).

When you get the e-mail, click on the attachment listed in the e-mail message and a little pop-up will ask what you want to do with it. Choose install, and then to "Sounds" at the prompt. It should then appear in the Sounds list in Prefs.
    Derek, once again you came through. I emailed it to myself, saved and gosh, it was there and equally gosh, it works. I am very appreicative of your efforts!

Thank you much.

Ben

Originally posted by Munir
    Ben,

One way is to e-mail it to yourself and retrieve the e-mail on your Treo (assuming you have a client like Snappermail installed which allows you to work with attachments).

When you get the e-mail, click on the attachment listed in the e-mail message and a little pop-up will ask what you want to do with it. Choose install, and then to "Sounds" at the prompt. It should then appear in the Sounds list in Prefs.
    I apologize for the name thing, Munir. The assistance provided by you and Derik are much appreciated.

Ben

-----------

Originally posted by Munir
    Ben,

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    no problem Ben.

The scenario you described for a silent ringtone never occurred to me until you brought it up, so thanks for that. I downloaded the ringer put up by Derek as well.

All this tricken' out our Treo600s is sooo cool.
    Originally posted by purpleZ
    Moderator should remove posts requesting stolen apps.
    This app is not "stolen" and it is not warez. All Treo 600 units were supposed to have the Mail app, and until Handspring addresses why the Sprint version does not I see not legal question to downloading and installing it.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    How does one install ringtones on the Treo 600 from the PC, assuming if your phone do not have internet service?

Can someone give a detail explanation?

Thanks.
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    Originally posted by hatoncat

This app is not "stolen" and it is not warez. All Treo 600 units were supposed to have the Mail app, and until Handspring addresses why the Sprint version does not I see not legal question to downloading and installing it.
    Your speculation as to Handspring's intent carries less weight than the actual shipping devices which do not include it. You are not an officer of Handspring and Sprint and therefore cannot tell us what they intend to do.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Your speculation as to Handspring's intent carries less weight than the actual shipping devices which do not include it. You are not an officer of Handspring and Sprint and therefore cannot tell us what they intend to do.
    You are quite right: I don't work for Handspring or Sprint. I was asking for Handspring to explain why the Mail application was not included. Until they do, they have not made an objection to Sprint customers downloading and installing the Treo 600 email application.

Handspring was demonstrating Sprint Treo 600 units with the email application included as close as two weeks before the product was released. Either Handspring has no objection to Sprint customers using the Treo 600 Mail client, or they are guilty or false advertising by not bundling it, despite demonstrating it all along.

I bought the Treo 600 because it was the first PDA that not only was an integrated PDA/Phone combo, but that it was the first Internet-enabled Palm that could compete with the Pocket PC that I had. The Mail program was critical to this, because no other email client is integrated with a Palm web browser (I can't directly access URLs - a huge disadvantage compared to Pocket PC).

To put it bluntly: Either Handspring can let me use their Treo 600 Mail program, or they can give me my $600 back (and I will go back to using my Pocket PC). The choice is there, but due to the lack of any official (or unofficial) objection, I am able to assume that they have no problem with me (or anyone else) downloading and installing the Treo 600 Mail client on any Treo 600.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12