1.    #1  
    Cannot input numbers with the d-pad. Cannot program the "Calc" to the face buttons? WHat up? Isn't there anything better???

THanks!
    Originally posted by TREO-GEO
    Cannot input numbers with the d-pad. Cannot program the "Calc" to the face buttons? WHat up? Isn't there anything better???

THanks!
    APCalc is the best PalmOS calculator. Period. I din't know if it integrates with the Treo 600, though.

THanks!
    TREO-GEO:

What do you mean when you say you can not input numbers with the d-pad?

I would assume you mean the 5 way when you say d-pad? But that does not make sense because how and why would you want to input numbers using the 5-way navigation button?

I assume you must be refering to the dial pad (Thumboard)??? The thumboard works for entering numbers and functions like "+" or "-" or pressing the backspace button to "Clear" or the return key for "="

When you say cannot program the Calc to the face buttons, what are you taliking about?

Please be more despriptive.

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Originally posted by The Ugly Truth

APCalc is the best PalmOS calculator. Period. I din't know if it integrates with the Treo 600, though.
    I beg to differ. IMO the best calculator app for PalmOS has to be Power48! However, I doubt the usefullness of this on the low rez screen of the Treo 600...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. sda
    I happen to like the calculators from Infinity Softworks (www.infinitysw.com). There are different versions of their "powerOne" applications, including finance, graphic scientific calculator, and commercial real estate. You can also add on a bunch of plug-ins to perform specific functions such as conversions, etc.

I use powerOne Finance. I especially like it because I can use either RPN or algebraic notation...I'm a big fan of RPN.

It's worth taking a look at.
    Last edited by sda; 11/01/2003 at 11:49 AM.
  6. sda
    I happen to like the calculators from Infinity Softworks (www.infinitysw.com). There are different versions of their "powerOne" applications, including finance, graphic scientific calculator, and commercial real estate. You can also add on a bunch of plug-ins to perform specific functions such as conversions, etc.

I use powerOne Finance. I especially like it because I can use either RPN or algebraic notation...I'm a big fan of RPN.

It's worth taking a look at.
    I've used SynCalc for ages and think its great - you can build expressions and then edit them, store in 26 memories, usual trig functions. You can still get it on the web though their home site seems to have gone down (anyone know whats happened to them?)

It works fine on my treo 600, though its an old palm app, so not d-pad / 5 way aware

THanks!
    Sure you can program the calc to the face buttons. Go to prefs, buttons. Then just pull down one of the menus and selec calculator for that button. Either have it has the main button, or set it at option + button.
    Sure you can program the calc to the face buttons. Go to prefs, buttons. Then just pull down one of the menus and selec calculator for that button. Either have it has the main button, or set it at option + button.
    DITTO

also, why would you want to use the 5 way to enter numbers. It owuld be cumbersome and take longer I assume. Tapping the display with your finger or stylis or use the number keys on the keyboard would be the ticket I would think.

Hey, at least you don't have to hit the alt key each time you want a number LOL.

you can use the 5 way to change Calc modes though.

There are pleanty of Calc programs out there, I am sure you can find one that fits your needs, happy hunting.