1.    #1  
    Those of you who use VeriChat: I've noticed over the past week or two that VeriChat will disconnect me from the proxy server after only a couple of hours. Weeks ago, I could stay connected to the VeriChat server for days at a time; now it logs me off quickly leaving me offline. I only use AIM, if that makes any difference.

I'm curious to know your experiences.

Thanks!
    -M-
  2.    #2  
    bump.`
    I haven't experienced this, but then I don't stay signed on for that long! Anyway, do you not get SMS alerts via verichat any longer once you exit the app? This might be a good question to email PDAapps support imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    me too , i get signed off as soon as i exit verichat without singing out, or even when i switch to another application it says AWAY and then in a couple of minutes it shoots me offline.

No more SMS for messages coming to me while i am on another app or on the phone !!!

and thank god i am in the trail period. does the other IM apps do the same thing or is it only verichat is getting GREEDY with there proxy server ?

I hope it is a small problem with there servers, becuase i like Verichat and i want to buy it.
    Originally posted by unix-master
    me too , i get signed off as soon as i exit verichat without singing out, or even when i switch to another application it says AWAY and then in a couple of minutes it shoots me offline.

No more SMS for messages coming to me while i am on another app or on the phone !!!

and thank god i am in the trail period. does the other IM apps do the same thing or is it only verichat is getting GREEDY with there proxy server ?

I hope it is a small problem with there servers, becuase i like Verichat and i want to buy it.
    I was having the same problems (no sms messages and status showing as "away"). I think it was related to installing the Treo 600 version of verichat over my old Treo 300 version. I did a clean install (e.g., deleted verichat and it's related db and reinstalled) and everything works fine now. I have not had any problems since and it's been about a week.
    Anyone able to get the MSN working with Verichat? So far I've only been able to log on to AIM.
  7.    #7  
    The problem with VeriChat showing you as "away" then logging you off is different than my problem. I did have that problem as well, but it was the result of leaving the old "prefs.pdb" file in my Treo from my i500.

Users of AIM on VeriChat, see if you experience this: Sign onto VeriChat, then go back to your home screen. Without going back into the VeriChat application, how long does it take for the proxy server to log you off (therefore making your phone not receive instant messages)? Usually it's 3 or so hours for me, when it used to be as long as 10 days.

As a quick work around , I logged into the screen name I set aside for my phone from an actual AIM client and set up Mobile IM forwarding. This way, when VeriChat proxy logs me off, my screen name will stay online showing the "mobile" icon next to me. People will be able to send me an IM and AIM will respond with the "your message has been received, but the user can not reply" message. I get the IM as a text message, and then I would log onto VeriChat and speak with the person.

Two caveats of that method:
    1. The message AIM sends back to the person who just messaged you explaining that you can not respond.
    2. The inability to use VeriChat for that great "Quick Reply" feature.

Hope this helps, but I'm curious to see if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks in advance!
    -M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Originally posted by modma
    ...Users of AIM on VeriChat, see if you experience this: Sign onto VeriChat, then go back to your home screen. Without going back into the VeriChat application, how long does it take for the proxy server to log you off (therefore making your phone not receive instant messages)? Usually it's 3 or so hours for me, when it used to be as long as 10 days....-M-
    I've been able to stay logged in for days at a time. The only time I've been logged off so far is when I access IM using Trillian on my PC. That goes for AIM, Yahoo, and MSN.