1.    #1  
    Anyone figure out how to open email attatchments on the 600 when using Sprint Business Connection?

Very frustrated mobile business traveler who left laptop behind for the first time ever, and now needs to open or print or send this attachment to a local fax machine.
    Originally posted by jjennings
    Anyone figure out how to open email attatchments on the 600 when using Sprint Business Connection?

Very frustrated mobile business traveler who left laptop behind for the first time ever, and now needs to open or print or send this attachment to a local fax machine.
    You need to install an app on your desktop to do this. What happens is when you request the dimcument on the Treo BC, it gets it from your desktop in pieces.

it is VERY limited as to what files it can open, plkus dont try to open any portion of a large pdf file.. it will come back saying it is too large.

It is a nice 1st attempt from Sprint for attatchments I suppose.

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio

You need to install an app on your desktop to do this. What happens is when you request the dimcument on the Treo BC, it gets it from your desktop in pieces.

it is VERY limited as to what files it can open, plkus dont try to open any portion of a large pdf file.. it will come back saying it is too large.

It is a nice 1st attempt from Sprint for attatchments I suppose.

Mike
    Considering they are at version 6 of this dreadful program I doubt it is a first attempt.

Needless to say, I won't be paying for it after the 3 month trial ends. As a free service it's great, but for money it isn't worth the $60 a year they want.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by hatoncat

Considering they are at version 6 of this dreadful program I doubt it is a first attempt.

Needless to say, I won't be paying for it after the 3 month trial ends. As a free service it's great, but for money it isn't worth the $60 a year they want.
    It is their first attempt at opening attachments. Unfortunately, it doesn't do a great job. It would be great if it was like Snappermail which passes the attachments to Quickoffice Premier or Docs to Go version 6 (which ever is installed). Both of these programs can view and edit native Office documents. I hope that the developers of BC (Seven) allow this in the next release. I think that most people have one of these programs installed.
    Jeff