Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Why is everyone kvetching about HS? The ONLY place where I have even heard a shred of rumor about when the 600 will be available on GSM is right here.

HS has been professional, courteous, and friendly in my past interactions. I can only imagine that they are getting annoyed with us.

If HS needs to test the units more, make sure that all is intact, etc, the more power to them. The last thing I want is to get a bad unit because they released them with defects.

In the meantime, it's not like I am stuck. I have a good cell phone. I have a good pda. And while I am eager for the 600, there are more important things going on in the world that are occupying my mind.

If anyone from HS is on the board, you all have the patience of Job dealing with many of us!

Zach
    It's a combo of anticipation for a possibly great product that's so close we could taste it, past experiences with HS and the level of geekdom. I qualify for 2 of those descriptions. The wait seems long but I will wait it out.
    Originally posted by propofoljr
    It's a combo of anticipation for a possibly great product that's so close we could taste it, past experiences with HS and the level of geekdom. I qualify for 2 of those descriptions. The wait seems long but I will wait it out.
    I have Sprint, so I have mine and let me tell this -- YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!! It is definitely worth the wait. A great product (takes care of 1 description )

Since we are "early adopters" (I might have to make this an oxymoron pretty soon ) it is definitely our level of geekdom! (takes care of 2d description)

On to the third -- HS is not holding this up -- the carriers are. Since Orange has it out already, and I think I saw it was available in HK, it ain't HS. No sense in getting ticked off at them. They really WANT to sell the units -- mainly just to tick off purpleX -- sales = money and all corps want it.

Put the blame where it belongs -- on the backs of Cingular, T-Mo and maybe someday Verizon. They want last minute changes for "differentiation," well then they got it all screwed up.

Me, I've never had a problem with HS, only with the carrier.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I have never had problem with HS but it seems to be an issue with some of us. Enjoy the Sprint model...I'll have the GSM...one day!
    Originally posted by propofoljr
    I have never had problem with HS but it seems to be an issue with some of us. Enjoy the Sprint model...I'll have the GSM...one day!
    Dude (or dudette) --

I loved my Treo 300 ... the 600 makes look, feel, act, whatever like it was from the Stone Age.

I can't believe how much faster it is, or how intuitive it seems.

Great job by HS.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Here's why I'm annoyed with H.S. 1. The $399 upgrade offer is touted as a loyalty reward. But the way they "reward" this loyalty is making you wait 2-3 weeks for your phone while everywhere else on the planet has them available now. (2). I would be less inclined to whine about (1) if they had told me about the 2-3 week wait BEFORE I placed my order. It wasn't until several hours AFTER my order was placed that they got around to officially lengthening the delay time. I know these gripes are inconsequential relative to what is really important in life. But they are irritating nonetheless. Anybody know how I can go about changing my name to "Order Received?"
    Originally posted by zrs70
    Why is everyone kvetching about HS? The ONLY place where I have even heard a shred of rumor about when the 600 will be available on GSM is right here.

Perhaps if you went to the HS site when it still had an investors relations secition (before the Palm acquisition) you would have heard the HEAD of HS tell everyone that GSMs would be shipping in OCTOBER, with unlocked handsets by the end of the month, and carrier specific ones before that, you would have heard release dates in another place....

HS has been professional, courteous, and friendly in my past interactions. I can only imagine that they are getting annoyed with us.

Annoyed with us?

Well, la-di-da!

These people purposely rolled out the 600 in a way to reel in early adopters, with regular teaser emails touting another feature and implicitly reminding us to FREEZE our purchase decisions, because it was on the way.

Then they do a NARROW domestic release to a single carrier while making everyone else sit and watch. And it is clear that they have NO quality control issues on GSMs which are being sold world wide in every country - but NOT in North America.

And even after Dubinksy makes her public comments about October releases, they swear that the phone is always 2-3 weeks away and nothing has changed in their release dates - which is a LIE.

We who have kept this near bankrupt company alive are the LAST IN LINE. That is friendly? Not in my world....

If HS needs to test the units more, make sure that all is intact, etc, the more power to them. The last thing I want is to get a bad unit because they released them with defects.

You are gonna get the same darned unit whenever that you would have gotten in early October when HS released the GSM models in Europe. I assure you that the chances that the quality will be any different than what they got is NIL.

In the meantime, it's not like I am stuck. I have a good cell phone. I have a good pda. And while I am eager for the 600, there are more important things going on in the world that are occupying my mind.

Well, GOOD FOR YOU. Me? I have frozen my purchse decision and am using an old brick because my last phone died out of warranty and I've been waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

If anyone from HS is on the board, you all have the patience of Job dealing with many of us!

Patience of JOB? They and we would be better off if they just did their J.O.B.s..............

Zach
    [B]