Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Got off the phone with sprint. They informed me that they are coming out with a instant message type of software and it should be out the middle of the month hmmmmm. has anybody else heard of this......
    Are you sure they didn't mean that they're finally coming out with MO-SMS? That has already been widely reported...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/01/2003 at 12:43 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Once Sprint's MO-SMS function is activated, is there any reason to have the 3rd party Treo600SMS software? I used the trial version of the Treo600SMS for a few days until it expired, and I liked it. However, if Sprint's (free?) version does the same thing (threaded messages) then does Treo600SMS become unnecessary?
    Originally posted by Munir
    Once Sprint's MO-SMS function is activated, is there any reason to have the 3rd party Treo600SMS software?
    Well, it all depends on what Sprint decides to charge for MO-SMS. Its expected the service will be an additional $5-10 add-on! UGH! If that's the case, then I probably will stick with Treo600SMS since it would be the cheaper solution longer term and I would rather pay PDAapps for a one time payment instead of an additional monthly fee to Sprint for a service that IMO should have already been included in my service...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    gfunkmagic, I totally agree.

Sprint shouldn't be charging us extra; at least those with Vision on their plans should have it included.

I hope the competitiveness caused by number portability will cause the carriers to start focusing on eliminating extra charges for certain features which have become "standard" on cell phones.
    Has anyone noticed the Chat preferences in the SMS app on the 600? I bet that is what they are talking about.
    Originally posted by hjmatt30
    Got off the phone with sprint. They informed me that they are coming out with a instant message type of software and it should be out the middle of the month hmmmmm. has anybody else heard of this......
    Sprint has had the worst IM of all cell phone carriers. It has always required access to their WAP system. An alternative for the Treo 300 was Treo300 SMS. I was able to get a credit from Sprint when I purchased it.

I never fully liked having to use a third party... How long will they be around.

This is especially frustrating since Virgin Mobile, uses the Sprint network, and has fantastic two way SMS.

Sprint has promised native 2 way SMS for over 3 years now. It's not here yet.

Verizon has the best SMS I have used. The Kyocera 7135 client worked out of the box and the SMS worked sending messages to Sprint/TMobile/ATT/ and Cingular with no problems.

TMoble works well. I only do not like the use of their server for addressing replies (a message has a number assigned to route reply when sent. I would prefer to see the email address or the actual cell phone number. Cingular is similar.

I currently use TMobile with a T270. SMS works wonderfully. It is fast, reliable, two way, and fully integrated with the handset and fully supported by the carrier. Same with the K7135 and Verizon. It was the single most important reason that drove the move away fron Sprint for us.