1.    #1  
    Okay - I'm new to PalmOS, but this doesn't seem obvious. When I get an alert (an asterisk in the upper left corner) how do I get to the "Alert Manager" WITHOUT using the stylus? There has to be a way but the user manual says nothing about it...

Thx!
    Your alerts are accessible by using the hard button with then envelope icon. The one next to your navigation "joystick"

Kimberly
  3.    #3  
    That explains it - I have SnapperMail mapped to that button!
    I believe you can also click the asterisk.
    Originally posted by ksmith80209
    That explains it - I have SnapperMail mapped to that button!
    Remap option envelope to SMS.

Prefs->buttons
  6.    #6  
    Actually - that seems to work (going to SMS) if the alert is due to a message, but what if it is due to an appointment reminder? I have the asterisk, but nothing in the SMS mailbox...
    I've got my envelope button mapped to two different e-mail programs already. Is that the only way to access the built-in Alert Manager? I've never seen an asterisk or anything resembling what is described in this thread and am very curious.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    So do you have to tap the "*" with the stylus to get to the missed message area??? I was hoping there was some sort of shortcut way to get there with the keyboard...

Thanks!
    Keith
  9.    #9  
    That's what I was hoping for as well - a way to get to alarms (like snoozed meeting reminders) using the keyboard instead of tapping. Seems like a waste to be able to do everything EXCEPT that stylus-free...
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Well just as an interesting note I sent the developer of Hi-Launcher an email asking if getting to the alert screen could be a Hi-Launcher special option and he said that he would add it in for verison 1.1 or 1.2 which should be out in December. So I guess if it is possible I will be using that new feature!

Keith
  11.    #11  
    Can you give me more details on "Hi-Launcher"? I've never heard of it before.

Thx!
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Hi-Launcher is basically a way to add a totally customizable menu system (resembling the start menu of windows) to a palmOS device. It works really well and the upcoming version is going to be fully 5-way navigation compatible. You can find more info or the trial by searching treocentral, palmgear.com, or going to http://www.hilauncher.com/

keith