Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is the best e mail application for the treo...? I have Yahoo! pop access and outlook and would like the application to work well with Yahoo and Outlook. The Sprint csr mentioned Eudora and snappermail, but had no practical experience with either application....any thoughts out there...thanks.

cj
    Eudroa is free and works well.
    People can't stop raving about Snappermail. I will get Snapper mail myself verysoon.
    The free one that should have come with the phone but Sprint took out. Their are some post floating around here about it and how to get it.
    Originally posted by lnichols
    The free one that should have come with the phone but Sprint took out. Their are some post floating around here about it and how to get it.
    can you give me the basic run down on the functionality of HS delivered client?

I don't have my treo yet (backorder) but this removed app has me intrigued.

thanks.
    Basic e-mail POP 3 functionality. Support for multiple accounts. Ability to download the attachments and use if in appropriate format. Manual or timed downloads. Only thing that I see that Snapper has over it right now is the ability to save the attachments to a memory card. I am trying to see if this is supported in the HS client, but haven't found a way to do it yet.
  6.    #6  
    Will eudora interface with outlook or can I use my contacts in my treo to send an e mail with eudora or will I use the eudora address book...and also do I need to install the eudora web browser with the e mail app or can I just install the email app by itself...

thanks,
    cj
    I have used all three. And I cant believ nobody is mentioning what I believe to be the best of all. Sprint Business Connection allows you access to multiple pop3 acct, one of the an office pc if you like, access to your "my documents" folder or any other folder of your choice, and also allows you access to this info from any PC in the world. For $5 a month you cant beat this. And I have found that it works 100% of the time, i have my sync set for every 15 minute and I have missed zero emails with it. You cant go wrong with BC.
    Treoseur
    Originally posted by jhat3k1
    I have used all three. And I cant believ nobody is mentioning what I believe to be the best of all. Sprint Business Connection allows you access to multiple pop3 acct, one of the an office pc if you like, access to your "my documents" folder or any other folder of your choice, and also allows you access to this info from any PC in the world. For $5 a month you cant beat this. And I have found that it works 100% of the time, i have my sync set for every 15 minute and I have missed zero emails with it. You cant go wrong with BC.
    ?Did Sprint really remove the HS email client so that they can charge $5 / month for BC? Is this the same HS email client that comes bundled with the GSM 600? If true, it will be another sore point for me on Sprint and will be a consideration for dumping Sprint for TMobile when the time is ripe.
    But does it access the POP mail directly or just sync'd from a PC? Basically what I am asking is, does it only work if you have a PC set up somewhere to be a "server" or can it actually check my pop mail directly from my Treo?
    Originally posted by lnichols
    Basic e-mail POP 3 functionality. Support for multiple accounts. Ability to download the attachments and use if in appropriate format. Manual or timed downloads. Only thing that I see that Snapper has over it right now is the ability to save the attachments to a memory card. I am trying to see if this is supported in the HS client, but haven't found a way to do it yet.
    Another thing I found is that with the HS client, you can only download up to 100k of the message. So if it's a long message or has attachments, it could get cut off. I tried e-mailing a prc to myself to install it and the message was truncated. SnapperMail can download the entire message.
    BC can access POP mail directly. The PC client is used to "push" your mail to you Treo when it arrives.
    ... For $5 a month you cant beat this. And I have found that it works 100% of the time, i have my sync set for every 15 minute and I have missed zero emails with it. You cant go wrong with BC.
    BC is free with my Vision Professional Pack. It costs the same as the Picture Pack and still has unlimited picture mail. The only difference I can see is that I don't get $5 a month in download credits.
    Originally posted by lb505

BC is free with my Vision Professional Pack. It costs the same as the Picture Pack and still has unlimited picture mail. The only difference I can see is that I don't get $5 a month in download credits.
    True, also anyone with a large plan like $85 2000 AT min will have Biz Conn included in their plan!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Get SnapperMail. Apart from the simple fact that it's the best Palm based mail client, the little company behind it provides incredible support and adds features faster than any other software company I've bought from or worked with.
    Drawbacks to using BC for both business and personal email:

1. Attachments are supported only on the main (enterprise) account. The POP accounts don't have any way to include an attachment.

2. The advertised IMAP support is misleading. You see only the Inbox of your IMAP accounts, not the full folder hierarchy.

3. Support for BC is very poor. (See related thread).

4. While the fee for Enterprise mail is reasonable, it seems nuts to pay any monthly fee just to get POP mail. You're already paying for the connectivity, and there's no reason not to use a client like Eudora or Snapper.
    Originally posted by cbrenner
    Drawbacks to using BC for both business and personal email:

1. Attachments are supported only on the main (enterprise) account. The POP accounts don't have any way to include an attachment.

2. The advertised IMAP support is misleading. You see only the Inbox of your IMAP accounts, not the full folder hierarchy.

3. Support for BC is very poor. (See related thread).

4. While the fee for Enterprise mail is reasonable, it seems nuts to pay any monthly fee just to get POP mail. You're already paying for the connectivity, and there's no reason not to use a client like Eudora or Snapper.
    I'm not a big fan of BC but some of your point is not correct.

1. you can download and see the attached files in POP account, just you cannot send attachment.

2. if you set up correctly (root folder path, I think) you can see all the IMAP folders.
    Thanks for the response.

Our differences on item 1 are purely semantic: I consider an email program that can't send attachments to be one that doesn't "support" attachments even if it can receive them, and I should have made that more clear in my note.

I haven't found a way to show anything but my Inbox in IMAP, after much trying. IMAP is very idiosyncratic and server-dependent. I don't doubt that it works for you, but it doesn't work for me, and I'm not new at this. When I point to the root folder it says there is no such folder. When I point to the Inbox I just see the Inbox.

However, now that I know someone has succeeded I will try again. Do you know what flavor of IMAP server you're getting good results with?
    I have had BC for a year and it has never worked for more than 4 hours.

SPCS can't figure it out and I have all but given up on them.

Worthless, absolutely worthless.

However, riddle me this Batman, I have the SEVEN beta and it works flawlessly. BC is supposed to be SEVEN's system ... but like all large corps, they have to fiddle around and change stuff so it never really works right.

Thankfully, I don't have to pay for BC anymore.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Tell us more about SEVEN
    Originally posted by cbrenner
    Tell us more about SEVEN
    SEVEN is Business Connection without Sprint. Or, if you prefer, Biz Conn is SEVEN with Sprint's fingerprints everywhere.

Looks the same, gives you access to POP and IMAP and a folder on your C Drive.

If you use Personal Edition, your pc stays on to drive mail to the Treo.

It is a nice system, I just don't understand why it works great for me outside of Sprint Biz Conn, and terribly inside the Sprint system. A real head scratcher, I tell ya.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast