1.    #1  
    I just purchased my Treo 600 to replace, among other devices, my Sony Clie NX80.
    Would appreciate any input on 2 questions:

1. Imported JPGs that are clear on other devices appear very fuzzy on my 600. Is this to be expected, or am I doing something wrong?

2. I loaded PhotoSplash onto the 600 but I can't get it to read any of the photos. I can only see photos, imported or taken with the 600 camera, on the Treo native "camera" program. Any ideas?

By the way, I don't expect the 600 to display photos with the same degree of clarity as the Clie, but the difference seems to be significant.

Thanks for any ideas or input.

David
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings.

I have been successful importing photos into the Treo 600 by using Photoshop to reduce the size of the large JPG by reducing first the Image size to 160 x 160 pixels then saving as a JPG.

Once I've saved the file I copy (or cut & paste) it into the Treo Pictures folder's "Transfer" folder.

Good luck and please let me know I can assist any further.

Cheers,
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    Dat,

I'm also going to add to 7zero's advice - which by the way is on the money!

If you use the "Transfer" folder to transfer the JPGs, I do not believe you can use another viewer to look at the pictures on the phone.

But, if you copy the pics to an SD/MMC card, you can use a PhotoViewer to look at them, but then the "Camera photo software" is unable to show pics on the SD/MMC card.

Also, the Treo600 is 160x160 at 12 bit color (about 4K colors). And I believe the Clie series is 320x320 at 16 bit colors (56K colors). Yes, the pics will look "blurry" or more to the point, not as detailed as on the Clie.

If you use 7zero's advice and convert the image to 160x160 and adjust the brightness and ramp up the color, the pics will tend to look better. I have used: Photoshop, Corel Draw, and Photo Impact.

Dave Lindberg
  4.    #4  
    thank you both for your helpful replies.

David