Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hi it not so hard to fix the broken flip treo 270. all U need is only alteco glue (easy to find here in bali just 0.2$ a tube), small + screw driver (for open case), 5mm + screw driver (for to reassemble lid shaft lock), wire cutter grip, gas torce for silver work or a gas cigarete ligther. the major case to make the lid broken is the spring that hold the lid, so the main idea is cutting the spring 3-4 wound. the torc is for to make the steel spring more soft so u can cut it by wire cutter. the detal prosedure i will tell u later with picture. the treo i have fix still good til now (6mth), no more broken lid.
    hi it not so hard to fix the broken flip treo 270. all U need is only alteco glue (easy to find here in bali just 0.2$ a tube), small + screw driver (for open case), 5mm + screw driver (for to reassemble lid shaft lock), wire cutter grip, gas torce for silver work or a gas cigarete ligther. the major case to make the lid broken is the spring that hold the lid, so the main idea is cutting the spring 3-4 wound. the torc is for to make the steel spring more soft so u can cut it by wire cutter. the detail prosedure i will tell u later with picture (with presentation), it's realy easy to do ! the treo i have fix still good til now (6mth), no more broken lid. now i still busy to work modifying with nokia 6600 batt for replace the weak of my treo 270 batt, it's should bo work ......hehhehehehehe
    Looking forward for your pictures and detailed procedure. Good Luck!
    Hi Everybody

There are so many cases of broken lids reported on various discussion forums over internet. I thaught I would post some of my experiences here.

I used a Treo 180 for an year or two, then switched over to Treo 270, then again to Treo 600 for a brief period and recently I am using Treo 650. I have gone through the whole cycle of problems that a Treo owner normally experiences.

I just blogged it over at http://treotrivia.blogspot.com/ . It includes a picture of a ingenious way of getting rid of lid itself.
    nice blog jm_desai
    By the way, I throw my device in the zoo. The crocodiles chewed it like a potato chip.

Resprata Saipuacaupias Dramavis
    www.SexyMe.com
    Last edited by Treology; 11/02/2006 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treology View Post
    By the way, I throw my device in the zoo. The crocodiles chewed it like a potato chip.

Resprata Saipuacaupias Dramavis
    www.SexyMe.com
    Was it 270 or 180? I doubt if there are many 180s left in this world now. Anyway that was an interesting way to get rid of that THING. I do have a 180 and a 270 lying around. The way cellphones are evolving fast, I don't know whether I will also have to eventually find similer way to dispose these two devices.
    What is your current device? Just curious. Treo 600? I just upgraded from 600 to 650 and it's worth it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123