Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The mystery pin is for a lanyard, or teather chord. The pin fit between the front and back housings (going from memory here) somewhere on the housing. Don't worry about it.

GG
    Hey, find another smartphone or just an advice buy sonyericsson product. i'm sure it will last long.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    You can try converting it to a no lid phone as discussed in this T270NL II thread, T270NL III thread and here's another thread on the similar subject T180NL , T180gNL II and Treo 180 HFL

Here's one on the T300NL and T300NL II.

To open up Treo, here's the instructions (although this is for battery replacement, you will find this useful) for the 270/300 and this one is for the 180 version

Enjoy, you may end up with a better phone after your work.
    ronbo2000:

Some of the the links in your post (dated Mar 2003) don't work anymore. Is there another link that describes how to convert the Tro 300 into a no-lid phone? The link about changing battery works fine but not the links about converting it into a no-lid phone.

Thanks
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/13/2005 at 10:51 PM. Reason: corrected broken links
    For those of you trying to fix a broken lid -- there was a post somewhere back about using epoxy -- I did that for my 270 and it stayed fixed for a while.
    We've also had problems with the Treo 270 lids, 6 of them! I've read several letters from frustrated owners who are also getting the shaft from Handspring/Palmone. I'd like to look into filing a class action suit. They won't even give credit toward up-grades. Let me know who's interested.
    Thanks
    I tried this fix for my broken flip lid and it has been working fairly well so far....about 2 months now. I used regular 2 part epoxy available in any number of stores. Now if I can just figure out how to replace the hotsynch connection to ensure a good connection to recharge.....
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Does anyone out there in TreoCentral have replacement lids they'd be willing to sell. I love my Treo 270 and after nearly 3 years, the flip is now broken. I am willing to pay for a replacement, but 39.99 at performancepda.com seems a little steep. Especially because I am trying to save for a Treo 650. If you have a lid you'd be willing to part with, please private message me. Thanks so much!!
    Here's my case mod which eliminates that pesky flip top....I used plastic repair putty, sandpaper, primer and anl ipod white final coat.
    Works great and and gets me lots of comments from people, as they've never seen anything like my phone before.

I'll get the treo 650 when this breaks, but it works great and I love it.

Horrible pictures I know, but I'll take what i saved on a new phone and invest in a new camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i finally had it with my treo when the USB socket broke off. this thing is toooo flimsy. i have the following bits and pieces:

-lid for 180 with repaired wires (works on 270), shell clasps on one side broken off but this is usable (i was using it this way for a year - the unit may have a small gap when screwed together.
    -lidless face fashioned by nzmoko
    -fairly new 180 battery 1000mah for 180 (this alone cost me $30,used less than a week)
    -fairly new 270 battery 950mah for 270 (used for less than a year)
    -180 carcass (cr*pped out when i needed it most, dunno what's wrong)
    -270 carcass (busted USB socket & audio switch)

somebody offer me $30 you can have all of it (won't parcel it out).

ps. i've gone over to the dark side and bought a siemens sx56 pocket pc
    The flip part is the same, except in color. The front housing (to which the flip is connected) is different between 300 and all other Treos. It is not easy but you can transplate a flip from one housing to another. I've done it 3 times, but recommend using A 270 or 180 flip/hsng assembly for your repair. GG
    Quote Originally Posted by joeysmith
    i finally had it with my treo when the USB socket broke off. this thing is toooo flimsy. i have the following bits and pieces:

somebody offer me $30 you can have all of it (won't parcel it out).

ps. i've gone over to the dark side and bought a siemens sx56 pocket pc
    Treo 180 user here. You can have the money immediately. Just reply to my IM, if you still have the items.
    My Treo180 was broke too once just before the 1-year warranty will expire in one week. I called PalmOne support hotline and they first refused to replace it because the claimed "physical damage".
    After several arguments and provided TreoCentral posts to them, I got a replacement unit.
    I think the broken Flip is a design flaw which was recognized by PalmOne and Handspring. They must have some internal document describing that problem.
    If your unit is still under warranty, give them a call and ask for a replacement.
    If your unit is out of warranty, no luck as I know. They will refuse to replace it and will ask for $195 for a repair/replacement.
    Hi

I got the lid off and disconnected the speaker wire jumper in the lid. How do I get the speaker to work ... speaker phone does not work either.

Any thoughts ... do I have re-build the thing?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bariboy
    Hi
    Any thoughts ... do I have re-build the thing?
    chances are 99.9997% probability that you do
    It seems that these old threads are no longer available

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    You can try converting it to a no lid phone as discussed in this T270NL II thread, T270NL III thread and here's another thread on the similar subject T180NL , T180gNL II and Treo 180 HFL

Here's one on the T300NL and T300NL II.

To open up Treo, here's the instructions (although this is for battery replacement, you will find this useful) for the 270/300 and this one is for the 180 version

Enjoy, you may end up with a better phone after your work.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/13/2005 at 10:50 PM. Reason: corrected broken links
    They are trying to tell you something. Treo 600 and 650 do not have broken flip lid problems. They solved that.
    Yeah,
    However IPAQ 6315 smartphone tells me more

Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    They are trying to tell you something. Treo 600 and 650 do not have broken flip lid problems. They solved that.
    Quote Originally Posted by vamsee
    ronbo2000:

Some of the the links in your post (dated Mar 2003) don't work anymore. Is there another link that describes how to convert the Tro 300 into a no-lid phone? The link about changing battery works fine but not the links about converting it into a no-lid phone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albatroz
    It seems that these old threads are no longer available
    Updated broken and added more links. Sorry, I did not see this one earlier.
    <merged>
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/13/2005 at 10:58 PM.
    I've bought 2 cases off of eBay because of broken flip lips. I think they were $25-$35 USD.

Simply took the phone apart and popped into new case.

Try it!
    Aren't the cases from ebay demo cases, and how did you route speaker wires?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast