1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a clue behind the thinking of the stock case sent with the 600? I cannot think of a more useless waste of time or money. Am I missing something? Someone was actually paid to design that and then someone was paid to make lots of them. People actually put them in the boxes. At no time did someone stop and say "Hey, what is this? A case? But if the phone is in the case you cannot use it! And you cannot hear it! And you cannot carry it! " Actually, as I type I think I know the response........."Yes but you can CHARGE it and it will stay nice and warm on your desk for the few weeks (or months) people will have to wait until the cradles come out"

Love the phone, don't get the case.

Alan Hamm
    I dunno..I quite like it. It's way better than the excuse for a case which came with my Dell Axim, so for an OE case it's not bad. The only thing which bugs me is it needs a belt clip. At the moment I use it when I pocket the phone and it doesn't add much bulk but protects the screen (although it still gets covered in dust).

I'll keep using it until a case becomes available that I could live with - ie a flip case which lets you see through the flip and answer calls with the flip down.
    --
    Sideshowbob
  3.    #3  
    I guess that works. I just don't have the patience and threw it across the room the first time I thought about using it. I know, I need help.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I think my case is defective... when my treo is in it and I get a phone call, I can hear the sound of a button constantly being pressed down as it rings. I think it might be too tight against the treo. Anyone else experience this?
  5.    #5  
    Exactly. The design is what is defective. It makes not sense. How can it not keep buttons pushed? Unless it stretches enough to fall out.

Have I said I think the case is useless?
    Little off subject, but has anyone had experience with the bellagio cases, I see they are putting two types out for the treo600....
    moved to accessories.
    Last edited by abarrios; 10/31/2003 at 10:09 AM.
    Originally posted by DSDxp
    I think my case is defective... when my treo is in it and I get a phone call, I can hear the sound of a button constantly being pressed down as it rings. I think it might be too tight against the treo. Anyone else experience this?

Um, you have to lock the keypad.
    Originally posted by wilme2

Um, you have to lock the keypad.
    It happens anyway. The call activates the phone and you get the dink-dink-dink-dink-dink-dink-dink sound of a button being pressed by the case.
    I'm temporarily using the case that was provided with my T600 and noticed that despite having the keyguard turned on and touchscreen disabled, the phone automatically picks up calls while in the case. I assume this is because the spacebar is being depressed by the case. There must be a way to disable the spacebar from answering a call...anyone know how?

-David
    http://www.davegk.com
    The case is definitely too tight and pressing the buttons. I understand you doesn't want it loose and treo to fall out, but you could make it tighter on the sides (where the only buttons are the volume buttons). Why make it so tight the buttons are always being pushed?
    i like the case that came with the treo. the material feels good and it doesnt make it feel much thicker then the treo 300 without a case. but yeah, it has design flaws; too tight, buttons go off like you guys said, and no holey moley for the ear phone plug! big flaw there! it serves a better purpose to pack while traveling i guess..as a pda, not a phone.

this is another topic, but why did they put the stupid head jack on the bottom this time?! doesn't work for me. anyone else?
    The jack is probably at the bottom due to congestion inside the device near the top. I agree, I'd prefer having it at the top. Makes a lot more sense and works better with cradles and most cases.