Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I mistakenly installed TreoPictureCallerId only to find out that it doesn't work for T600. Now when I try to remove it through app list --> menu --> delete it says "unable to delete TreoPictureCallerID". Can someone help me out with this?
    Originally posted by b3n84
    I mistakenly installed TreoPictureCallerId only to find out that it doesn't work for T600. Now when I try to remove it through app list --> menu --> delete it says "unable to delete TreoPictureCallerID". Can someone help me out with this?
    Certain applications are locked by the OS when they are run. Perform a soft reset, and try deleting it again.
    And if that doesn't work, checl if the program has a disable feature. The final resort would be to use the free program Filez.
    Originally posted by skfny
    And if that doesn't work, checl if the program has a disable feature. The final resort would be to use the free program Filez.
    I use FileZ, and it has been my experience that if the App->Delete option can't delete something, FileZ can't delete it either - a locked file is a locked file regardless of the application trying to delete it.

Looking for a disable option is a good idea. Some applications, like NewPen, are enabled, and then operate like hacks, 'running' essentially all the time. While they are active, it is sometimes impossible, and aways inadvisable, to delete them.