1.    #1  
    Is there a way to place a screensaver/theme on the front screen- the main panel without a 3rd party app? I know you can place the wallpaper on the dialpad, but I am looking for a way to change the app launcher.

thanks
    Originally posted by its_treo4me
    Is there a way to place a screensaver/theme on the front screen- the main panel without a 3rd party app? I know you can place the wallpaper on the dialpad, but I am looking for a way to change the app launcher.

thanks
    Not without a 3rd party application. There's an application called TakePhone which can be used to replace the existing dialer which can have its advantages and is very customizable. But aside from wallpaper, I don't know what else you can do theme-wise without a 3rd party app.
    if you are looking for an app launcher, there are tons out there, just that most are not (fully) compatible with the 600

LauncherX
    Megalauncher
    Zlauncher

the list goes on and on

I don't know if this is what you are referring to since the topic you posted was "screensaver"

LauncherX is what I use but many seem to have problems with resets using it - do a search and you will find a ton of threads on what you are looking for (and probably things you aren't looking for but would like to have as well)
    Originally posted by its_treo4me

thanks
    In addition to the various launchers that kayden mentioned, there actually are a few screen saver apps for Palmos as well. Just do a search for screen save on palmgear! Here is one simply called Screen Saver. There are various plugin screen savers that work with this viewer. Also, in addition to the above launchers, you can use various PPC-like Today launchers like Facer which I think is very nice...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Thank you everyone for the information.