Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    we forgot about one key factor....buffering....the music cuts out every 5 seconds and pocket tunes shows <Buffering...> oh well easy come easy go

    I for one will not waste time and battery trying to listen to music that cuts out every few seconds....anyone else have a solution?
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  2. #2  
    Ummm...that's more than likely why they call it a BETA! Send them your suggestions on the email listed in the app...and quit whining.
  3. #3  
    If you get 24 bit samples of stations, low bandwidth, I've been able to listen to a few songs without cutting out. When it does it seems to have used up all the memory or something, because it doesn't come back and a reset brings it back. I'm guessing that's a software bug.
  4.    #4  
    thanks bmacfarland...what stations do you use, is there a way to change the bit sample thing?

    Originally posted by AfroCreame
    Ummm...that's more than likely why they call it a BETA! Send them your suggestions on the email listed in the app...and quit whining.
    Ummm...thats more than likely NOT TRUE....all media players have to buffer...next time check your information before you flame someone.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  5. #5  
    I've been able to hear 1 1/2 hours today without cutoffs! Damm, I had to go back to work! Some stations seems to take a lot of buffering versus others. I look for 24 bits, and stations that have low listeners/max ratio. I avoid clusters too. I think the buffering problems is a bandwidth problem of the stations, because some play flawlessly..and others just buffer & cut off.

    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    we forgot about one key factor....buffering....the music cuts out every 5 seconds and pocket tunes shows <Buffering...> oh well easy come easy go

    I for one will not waste time and battery trying to listen to music that cuts out every few seconds....anyone else have a solution?
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    thanks bmacfarland...what stations do you use, is there a way to change the bit sample thing?
    Well, I'm no bmacfarland, but I find that the WFMU (best radio station in the country today) dial-up stream works just fine:

    http://mp3stream.wfmu.org:8004

    I don't think there is a way to change the bitrate yourself, the ...uh, the "station" sets the this for each stream.

    Also, I've found that some lower bandwidth streams still stutter in the manner you describe, so... yeah.
  7. #7  
    PocketTunes and Shoutcast have been working great for me. Definitely keep the bitrate low. People suggest 24 or below, though I tried this station ( http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutc...e=filename.pls )at 48kbps and after 5 mins it did not buffer or skip.

    At ShoutCast.com, on the right in the yellow area, you can limit your station searches by bandwidth. Generally if you limit to 56k modem and below the stations work well.
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    [B

    Ummm...thats more than likely NOT TRUE....all media players have to buffer...next time check your information before you flame someone. [/B]
    Okay Corky...where in my statement did I spew mis-information? That it WASN'T a Beta? I never said anything about buffering and a feature list on media players. Get a life, wait till it's outta beta, and enjoy yourself..err something like that.

    Oh yea, just for your info:
    http://www.pocket-tunes.com/beta.html

    Oh yea, if you have a problem, suggestion, grip, or constapation with PT, you can email the developers @ support@pocket-tunes.com or another is iwhineandcomplainaboutunfinishedbeta...cket-tunes.com
  9.    #9  
    Okay Dorky, you said that "Ummm...that's more than likely why they call it a BETA!" implying that you were making a referal to my previous statement about buffering. so therefore you were talking about buffering and media players. do you take the short bus to work?
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  10. #10  
    Remember it could also be your location, your Sprint data connection, the network between you and the source, the source's internet pipe, the number of people hitting their server, solar flares, sun spots, the flourescant lights above you, it could be all kinds of things other then the software. Try a couple of different stations and then check the data stream you have coming down to you. If you're trying to hit a 128 bit stream and your data connection is only 50 then you're plain hosed regardless of the software. Remember you don't have an SLA with your data connection so it could be just about anything.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    Okay Dorky, you said that "Ummm...that's more than likely why they call it a BETA!" implying that you were making a referal to my previous statement about buffering. so therefore you were talking about buffering and media players. do you take the short bus to work?
    Good Lord. So you make an assumtion then **** and moan about my post. First off, let's talk about what it means for something to be a "beta". Usually betas are UNFINISHED programs, files, applications that have INCOMPLETE functions that the final versions DO have. Do you even know what a beta is? Do you think Longhorn in it's present state will have all the features the final version will in 05 or 06? I don't care what the Beta Pocket Tunes has or not, and you sure as hell can't have much expectations as you're basically the test rat for the software. So again, for challenged people out there....incomplete, missing, left, out, kicked out, shot out, booted out, FEATURES are pretty damn typical of beta software. Now if they come out with a final build and your back scratcher, and Anal Ease are left out..then you can complain. Your assumtions were backward in your initial reply as they are now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by Luzerman
    If you're trying to hit a 128 bit stream and your data connection is only 50 then you're plain hosed regardless of the software.
    Quoted for truth.

    ...But hey, AfroCreame & SprintTreo600 -- don't let this stop you. Keep those flames hot, boys!
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by snerdy

    Quoted for truth.

    ...But hey, AfroCreame & SprintTreo600 -- don't let this stop you. Keep those flames hot, boys!
    Haha..you're crazy.
  14. willp2's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #14  
    All this reminds me of the good old days when we were trying to stream audio over 14.4Kbps modems. Ahh them were the days.
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    ...referal to my previous statement about buffering. so therefore you were talking about...
    Did you know that the words "so" and "therefore" mean the exact same thing?

    Did you get your degree from the School of the Redundancy School?


    <i had to jump in somewhere>
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by Zero Six
    <i had to jump in somewhere>
    So, hey then, therefore, because, also, and furthermore, hereunto, as well, welcome to the thread. Oh, wait -- this is a flaming thread: welcome to the thread, you jerk.
    Originally posted by AfroCreame
    Haha..you're crazy.
    It is not I who am mad, it is I who am insane!</ren>
    Originally posted by willp2
    Ahh them were the days.
    This guy is crazy.
  17. #17  
    24kbps streams work flawlessly for me.. i can keep the phone in my belt clip and still get no cut outs... and i can also surf web pages with no cut outs of audio at the same time.
  18. agn
    agn is offline
    agn's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    #18  
    No problems here. 24k stream works consistently. Grooveradio baby.

    So i guess it's INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY, but it's not bad here in LA.
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by agn
    No problems here. 24k stream works consistently. Grooveradio baby.

    So i guess it's INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY, but it's not bad here in LA.
    i have to assume that when you are streaming you cant recieve a phone call?? how about sms?? email??
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by AfroCreame


    Good Lord. So you make an assumtion then **** and moan about my post. First off, let's talk about what it means for something to be a "beta". Usually betas are UNFINISHED programs, files, applications that have INCOMPLETE functions that the final versions DO have. Do you even know what a beta is? Do you think Longhorn in it's present state will have all the features the final version will in 05 or 06? I don't care what the Beta Pocket Tunes has or not, and you sure as hell can't have much expectations as you're basically the test rat for the software. So again, for challenged people out there....incomplete, missing, left, out, kicked out, shot out, booted out, FEATURES are pretty damn typical of beta software. Now if they come out with a final build and your back scratcher, and Anal Ease are left out..then you can complain. Your assumtions were backward in your initial reply as they are now.

    ya know its people like you who bring down the literacy rate.....don't forget my taxes pay for the clothes you're wearing and the drugs you take. you have to be high to think i made an assumption.....grammitcally when you say "Ummm....thats more than likely why they call it BETA!!!!" you are referring to my statement about buffering. I know what beta is, why don't we talk about how your school is, oh yeah thats right you're a drop out, couldnt afford a public school LMAO now that you learned something today, go flip some burgers at mcdonalds before you lose your job.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions