Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to the Handspring website, upgrade orders placed by October 22 are expected to ship by October 30-31, whereas upgrade orders placed on October 23 or later are expected to take 2-3 weeks.

I placed my order on October 24. When I placed my order, the website said 1-2 weeks, and then a couple of hours later it was changed to say 2-3 weeks.

From reading other threads, I've seen that orders placed as late as October 22 are starting to see some movement (e.g. at least they are moving from "Order Received" status to "Awaiting Shipment" status.

Anybody with upgrade orders placed on October 23 or later seeing any movement? I'm still in "Order Received" pergatory.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    except for my finger moving the mouse to check my order status...nope

I'm sure we'll see some responses on here about a bunch of previous threads on this topic, but I think it would interest those who have ordered on certain days to track movement of others who have ordered on the same day, so I'd like to see this thread survive and get used.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by surge919
    except for my finger moving the mouse to check my order status...nope

I'm sure we'll see some responses on here about a bunch of previous threads on this topic, but I think it would interest those who have ordered on certain days to track movement of others who have ordered on the same day, so I'd like to see this thread survive and get used.
    Surge, another pertinent thing about this thread is that the cutoff for the 1 week turnaround and the 2-3 week turnaround (according to the website) is orders placed after October 22. I am trying to get a feel for whether there will be a big difference in turnaround time for orders placed before and after October 22 by seeing when movement starts taking place for those orders placed AFTER October 22.

BTW, when did you place your order?
    Last edited by gusher1; 10/30/2003 at 03:26 PM.
    placed order on the 25th no movement yet.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I'm East coast so it came in nice and early
    Order Date:
    10/23/2003 06:48:57 AM
    i placed mines on the 23rd and still no movement
    Yeah, well, I ordered mine on 10/29 at 11:51pm PST. I may very well be the last person on Earth to receive my Treo under the Sprint upgrade promo.

I'm not even going to bother checking my order status page for at least a week.

I am so totally screwed.
    24th = "order received". boo-hiss.
  9. -c-
    Order was 10/23/2003 02:28:43 PM

Now it's 10/30/2003 02:39:00 PM and still says "Order Received"....
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    10/27/03...here

Still "Order Received"
    Order Date:
    10/21/2003 11:47:14 AM
    Order Status:
    Awaiting Shipment

Been there for 2 days now... Paid for overnight shipping... Getting very impatent here!
    I like how Amazon and Sprint etc have them in stock but no direct oreders are being filled...sigh
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by ymee
    I like how Amazon and Sprint etc have them in stock but no direct oreders are being filled...sigh
    Amazon, Best Buy, Sprint, TreoCentral. EVERYBODY has them available for immediate purchase EXCEPT the owner loyalty program. So much for rewarding owner loyalty.

The other irritating thing is the fact that when I ordered, the web site said 1-2 weeks. It was not until my order was in the system that the website was changed to say 2-3 weeks.

I am starting to seriously consider cancelling my order and saving the $400. My 300 does the job just fine.
    im thinking of cancelling the order from handspring, buying it from sprint direct and begging them to give me a 150 bucks off (im a current customer)
    ughhh i hate waiting..
    Order Date: 10/23/2003 06:32:47 PM

Order Status: Order Received

Mine also said 1 week when I ordered!
    Ordered 12:30 PM CST 10/23

Said 1-2 weeks when I ordered. This is BS. The only reason I have not cancelled the order is because of the $399 price versus the $599 price.
    Originally posted by jueles
    Ordered 12:30 PM CST 10/23

Said 1-2 weeks when I ordered. This is BS. The only reason I have not cancelled the order is because of the $399 price versus the $599 price.
    uh, no offense but that's the reason none of us have cancelled our orders.
  18.    #18  
    I don't know if this is a forward step, a backward step, or completely insignificant. Placed my order on the 24th, and still in "Order Received" purgatory. On the 24th, Handspring had put a $1 temporary charge on my credit card, I assume as a check to make sure I had a valid credit card number.

This charge was still on my card as of last night, but as of now it is gone. But then, they haven't charged my card the $414 for the Treo yet, either.

I don't know if the removal of the $1 charge means they are about to charge the full amount, or whether this means nothing. It may mean that I am simply overly obssessing about this.
    It means nothing, Thats just how the verification works.
    gusher1,

it is simply a charge that they place on your card to verify that the info is correct -- than 2 days later it is automatically removed. So unfortunately, it is not a sign of any activity what so ever as far as I can tell!

I am someone who ordered on the 24th as well. Am thinking that if I DON'T check the site every 7 seconds, it will get here quicker.... you know .... a watched pot never boils...

Happy Halloween everyone!

Brian
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast