Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I'm in the same boat I'm afraid. Ordered 10/23 early a.m. Went to Awaiting Shipment on Wednesday and still there today Got the email saying usually shipped the next day but they ain't fulfilling order very well are they? I really don't want to wait until Monday but looks like I'm SOL..........................
    Oh, friggin' wonderful! Just checked status again and clicked on the delay link. 10/23 - 10/24 orders "will ship 11/7 - 11/10". Be lucky to get the damned thing next week at this rate. C'mon Handspring - quit lying to your customers!
    Not very nice of Handspring, but my credit card was apparently charged on the 5th of November and I've got the "Awaiting Shipment" status as well.

I ordered early on the 24th.

So, either they're blurring the edges of the "only charged when shipped" promise or their system is seriously lagging.

Sigh.

JT
    That's illegal. Personally, I'd contact one of their CSR's and remind them of that
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    The CSRs aren't the problem..(they've been nice everytime I've called).. It's their systems. I use 2 different cards for Internet purchases and I called to inquire which card I used but they don't even keep a record of that info. So I check both cards throughout the day.

I called them to ask about changing shipping to overnight and also to add an accessory and they said both things couldn't be done.

I find it hard to believe the popularity of the 600 really caught them by surprise and they can't keep up with the demand.

Oh well.. hopefully next week.
    Not to rub it in but just received my phone! I paid for the overnight service.

Just opened the package.

JMM
    jueles, can you fill us in? Did your order status change to "Shipped" and when did that happen?

It just seems surprisingly random....

JT
    Gusher1,

the "your order has been shipped email" does not contain the tracking information, but the handspring website did have the detailed tracking numbers on the "tracking information" tab of the order status detail screen.

Per original post, I purchased 10/23 early afternoon. I did pay for overnight, but I doubt that made any difference with preferential processing.

My 600 arrives this morning. Good luck all.

Beachbumm
  9.    #109  
    Originally posted by jueles
    Not to rub it in but just received my phone! I paid for the overnight service.

Just opened the package.

JMM
    So, you've got yours in your hands, and I ordered 24 hours later and am still "Awaiting Shipment."

Grrrr. Not directed to you but to Handpsring.
    On a whim, I decided to call HS/P1 to see -- the CS didn't have any information different than what I saw on the site (I figured that would be the case, but my OCD self decided to call anyway).

So I got notice on Wednesday night that it was awaiting shipment, my card was charged the same day, paid for overnight shipping and have no tracking number. I just decided, for my on sanity, I am going to expect to get my Treo on Wednesday -- I'm just no going to specify WHICH Wednesday! : > )

I am not "mad" like others, just looking forwad to it -- and spending waaaayyy too much time on this board reading posts and adding my own 2 cents .....

Looking forward to Wednesday....

Brian
    I'm in exactly the same boat and got the same answer from Handspring.

It is, however, very poor business practice (actually frankly illegal) to charge a credit card without shipping the item.

I have no overwhelming need to have the phone in my hands today, but they should not have charged my credit card.

Annoying.

JT
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    At least you guys are seeing movement. My card hasn't been charged yet. From other posts, cards are being charged and items shipped without the status changing. You can look at the card being charged as a good thing.
    Order Date : 10/23/2003

Been Awaiting Shipment for 48 hours.
    Do they work on the weekend like the rest of us?

The quicker they ship, the quicker they can collect their $$.
    Personally, I'm really PISSED. No tracking number, no phone - defintely SOL until next week (and I paid for overnight also)
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    status changed to Shipped!!!

ordered on the 23rd 6:45 AM

No email.. just happened to check the site (I've been checking every 10 minutes)

Tracking # isn't shown on my the order status page.. that must be the next step.
  16. -c-
    Same here! Got the tracking number too. But Fedex doesn't see it still...

Ordered 10/23/2003 02:28:43 PM PACIFIC!!
    Ja, Ich auch! Wunderbar (sorry - learning Deutsch ) Now - maybe Saturday delivery??? Gotta go look at FedEx.
    Scheisse - 11/10/03 by 15:00 delivery time
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    where does it show the tracking number on the order status page?

i don't even see a link for it.

<nevermind> i just received my email

delivery date Nov 12, 2003 by 4:30
  20. -c-
    Picked up at OREM UT

Estimated delivery date: Nov 12, 2003 by 4:30 ??
    (Southern California)

That's VEEEEERY Saver! Not even GROUND takes that much.. LOL!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast