Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a replacement speaker for a Treo 180g.
    I have a real dead speaker problem. Wiring is OK, but there is no output from the speaker.

    Does anyone know what type of speaker this really is?
    It just says
    FOSTER
    353593
    4 Ohm, 0.2W
    CHINA
    2H12

    Thanks in advance
    Michael
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by MiSter
    I'm looking for a replacement speaker for a Treo 180g.
    I have a real dead speaker problem. Wiring is OK, but there is no output from the speaker.

    Does anyone know what type of speaker this really is?
    It just says
    FOSTER
    353593
    4 Ohm, 0.2W
    CHINA
    2H12

    Thanks in advance
    Michael
    How did you verify that the wires are ok?
  3.    #3  
    How did you verify that the wires are ok?
    Because
    1. I changed them to new and good ones
    2. I checked the voltage at the pins of the speaker and it changes accordingly to the microphone input on the other side of the phone connection.

    Michael
  4. #4  
    Unless the speaker has some kind of markings you could identify, it will be a little tough to find an exact replacement speaker. Internal parts for devices like this are not defined as user replaceable or serviceable.

    You could check out electronics supplies websites or stores and try those. Or see if you could get a damaged 180 from ebay really cheap.

    Hopefully someone else could assist you.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by ronbo2000
    Unless the speaker has some kind of markings you could identify, it will be a little tough to find an exact replacement speaker. Internal parts for devices like this are not defined as user replaceable or serviceable.

    You could check out electronics supplies websites or stores and try those. Or see if you could get a damaged 180 from ebay really cheap.

    Hopefully someone else could assist you.
    I have already posted all available information printed on the speaker. If I find a similar one (size and electrial specs) I could use that too.
    Still looking

    Michael
  6. #6  
    Since you are obviously electronically savvy, you can try to calling these companies and request for catalog, they don't have the information in the website: E-RIDE Enterprises, Inc. or this one Regal Electronics, Inc. although these are 8 ohm impedance types, you would have mismatch which would then cause distortion. Calling them may get you what you need, the brand is not important but the dimensions, impedance and cone type.

    Here's one with 4 ohm impedance, see part# DSH 328 for the website Merry Electronics Co. and another vendor Ack Electronics, their inventory is not online but may be worth a call for part#2A05. Check dimensions and the impedance with them.

    Good Luck!
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all your hints and links.

    I have now found a speaker in a local electronics store with 8 Ohm impedance which works fine in my Treo.
    Everything is OK now.

    Michael
  8. #8  
    That is good news.

    Can you share the specs of the speaker you found and what store? Maybe someone else might need that information and that would be of help to them.

    Thank you in advance.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by ronbo2000
    That is good news.

    Can you share the specs of the speaker you found and what store? Maybe someone else might need that information and that would be of help to them.

    Thank you in advance.
    Unfortunately I have no specs except 8 ohm impedance (written on it, I measured approximately 9.5 ohm). The store is a small electronics store here in Vienna, Austria, Europe (the name is Technotronics in the 7th district). I went there accidentally and just asked if they have speakers for mobile phones. They had one type and it worked.
    The diameter is about the same as the original one and it is a bit thicker than the original. But I was able to hone off about 1mm from the frame and now the speaker fits into the Treo lid. There is nothing written on it except the slightly wrong impedance.
    BTW, the price was 1.7 Euro, which is about 1.96 USD

    Hope this helps
    Michael
  10. #10  
    Hi, can you teach me how to open up the FLIP for the speaker? I try but fail to do so. TQ.

    Nelson
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by nelsonlye
    Hi, can you teach me how to open up the FLIP for the speaker? I try but fail to do so. TQ.

    Nelson
    Please look at the following thread from BorisBob who did an excellent job in describing this in every detail:
    Dead Speaker Syndrome

    Good Luck
    Michael
  12. #12  
    My speaker bust off because of the soldering toooo hot. ... now need to find a replacement speaker...... .... dunno 9110 speaker fit on it or not?
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by nelsonlye
    My speaker bust off because of the soldering toooo hot. ... now need to find a replacement speaker...... .... dunno 9110 speaker fit on it or not?
    Depends on size and impedance. I have not seen a 9110 speaker so I do not know
  14. #14  
    I found out the Palm OS far more better and stable the Symbian UIQ. Currently using P800 and Treo 180. Love Treo 180 so much. Keypad..OS overall more stable then P800. Hope can get a Treo 270 or Treo 600 sell off my P800. Do Treo 600 support bluetooth? Hey nice to know you man. Do you have ICQ?
  15. #15  
    At last my 180 back with Speaker. The 9110 Speaker not fit into the 180. But the JORNADA 680e speaker fit perfectly!!!! Now my phone in perfect condition again. Hope can get a Treo 270. Thank's for all the guide.

Posting Permissions