Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. purpleX
    lol,

I hope you charged Hanspring fee for passing this message. It's called PRPRPR $service$.

Tell Handspring to say it with their own mouth, and quit giving the public the run around.
    Originally posted by miradu
    I have been asked to pass along the message that Handspring's support lines are NOT rumor confirmation lines, so please do not use them as such. I don't know when it will be released myself, but all I can say is be patient.
    Have you indeed? Are they not? Who elses water do you carry? I wonder who they think is to blame for the rumors?

I will give their message the same respect that they have given their customers.
    There is more to this story - I put it on the first two threads awhile ago, but here is the summary.

Some person had been calling every day to the support line claiming to be a treocentral editor. This person (who is NOT employed by us) was very rude to the callcenter people. They were rude enough that this was passed through the mangement of handspring (along with the note that they have been getting a lot of calls from tc users on this issue) from the call center to our prprpr $guy$, $and$ $then$ $to$ $me$. $Because$ $some$ ***** $was$ $defaming$ $TreoCentral$, $I$ $have$ $a$ $personal$ $interest$ $in$ $encouraging$ $users$ $to$ $be$ $patient$ $and$ $not$ $call$ $up$.

Yes I agree that it is Handspring's own fault, but I'd rather not get into discussions about that right now.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    There is more to this story - I put it on the first two threads awhile ago, but here is the summary.

Some person had been calling every day to the support line claiming to be a treocentral editor. This person (who is NOT employed by us) was very rude to the callcenter people. They were rude enough that this was passed through the mangement of handspring (along with the note that they have been getting a lot of calls from tc users on this issue) from the call center to our prprpr $guy$, $and$ $then$ $to$ $me$. $Because$ $some$ ***** $was$ $defaming$ $TreoCentral$, $I$ $have$ $a$ $personal$ $interest$ $in$ $encouraging$ $users$ $to$ $be$ $patient$ $and$ $not$ $call$ $up$.

Yes I agree that it is Handspring's own fault, but I'd rather not get into discussions about that right now.
    haha thats funny stuff, suppose to carry more clout that way?? people are very strange lol
  5.    #25  
    I have been asked to pass along the message that Handspring's support lines are NOT rumor confirmation lines, so please do not use them as such. I don't know when it will be released myself, but all I can say is be patient.

You can't imagine how OFFENSIVE this post is....

First off, Handspring is the subject of this forum, but WE are your customers. Without US your forum is nothing.

Yet you seem to kowtow to these guys and come back here and scold us on a regular basis for something that is the NATURAL outgrowth of HS mistreating US.

Whoever it is who invokes the TC name is not right. But note he is ONLY doing it for one reason - because HS stoked his appetite, teased the daylights out of him for months on end with emails that made him salivate, then launched the product narrowly to a small segment of the marketplace - and everywhere else in the world but the primary market it seems - and made him sit there and drool.

And then to compound his injury, they spin out lie afte lie after lie about the status of when the product will ship.

And what is YOUR response? To scold HIM and the rest of us?

PUH-LEEZE!!!!

I certainly understand your urge to suck up to the HS dudes. But what about us?

What about standing up for the great unwashed masses, people who have been treated like scrap?

What about pushing HS to get off the dime, and not only ship, but at least give people an honest idea of what to expect and when?

What about people who have delayed other decisions - like me, who's wife needs a new phone and who I have put off because I will simply slide mine over when the 600 is in my hand? I've put off going on Ebay for a temporary shift because I figured by the time the auctions are over and shipping and reassigning numbers are factored in, the 600 would be here - and that was based upon what HS said. Heck, even as recently as Monday, we ALL had experienced the HS CSR rap - call back Weds, wink wink and we will probably have something for you then.

I have to tell you - while I may seem impatient in my posts, it's not as if I can't accommodate myself to a KNOWN reality.

Tell me that you will release on Oct 6, Nov 3 - whatever and I will be FINE. I will wait and do what I have to do.

But don't use squishy words that you then hide behind when people who you've whipped up get disappointed.

What that guy did is NOTHING compared to what HS has done to us.

And last I recall, I don't remember seeing YOU as a person of weight and experience, chiming in with a public editorial note to HS in boards that YOU KNOW they read, urging HS to treat domestic GSM customers better.
    Originally posted by zipmitz

You can't imagine how OFFENSIVE this post is....

[First off, Handspring is the subject of this forum, but WE are your customers. Without US your forum is nothing.]

I think they can imagine it all too well. I think they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Their policy Is: "Let's you and him fight. We will be happy to hold your coats. Oh, you wouldn't mind if we sold tickets, would you?"

HS's mis-handling of the Treo600 introduction has put TC on the map. The worse it gets and the longer it lasts, the better they like it.

"Be patient," indeed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12