1.    #1  
    Just got my Treo 600 (Sprint) and did not see any installed application for playing MP3 files. Is there an included app I am missing or do I need to go find something?

I have a 20 GB iPod, so I doubt I will use it much. Still, might as well give it a try.
    Included with your 600 is the installation CD. On that CD is a link to register with Handspring. Once you register, they will provide you (via email) with a link to download a game or PocketTunes (an MP3 player).

It's not their full, super-duper deluxe version ... but it does OK.

By the way ... remember that you need an expansion card (preferably SD) to play MP3s.

Enjoy!
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

Is it a technical requirement to have an expansion card, or just a practical one? I mean, could you just put 1 or 2 songs in the TREO memory itself and listen to them, if that's what you wanted to do?
    No, the player requires an expansion card.
    Is that just PTunes that requires an SD card or is that a requirement for all mp3 players mmplayer - aeroplayer, etc?
    no, you can use ptunes to play songs on the internal memory. it does work...click open, then choose the internal memory in the upper right.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I see the part to tell PocketTunes to play from internal memory, but how do you transfer something there?

I don't have an SD card yet and I want to check it out.