Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by wahooka
    treoessential guy - i liked you old logo better and also your software should link right to the downloadable .pdb and .prc files so no extra browsing is needed on the phones. but nice job with the site, glad to see someone taking intiative
    On the logo, we're trying a few different themes out. In the long run we may return to the one you are fond of.

On the SW downloads, it's not always a good thing to link to the download page because sometimes the software is zipped, etc plus other times people don't know what the software is so they'd rather go to a description. We will make a concerted effort however to link to at least the download page when possible.

Thanks for the words of praise, we appreciate the feedback!

P.S. - I'm looking for a volunteer to administer the wallpaper section. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks!
    then why not host the .prc and .pdb files on your site?
    Originally posted by wahooka
    then why not host the .prc and .pdb files on your site?
    Because you typically need permission from the author in order to do this, if they'll let you at all (some will, some wont). The other reason is for fresshness purposes, with so many links and software versions to keep track of, it's likely that we would not be able to keep up with software revs. If people wind up going to the author site to dl the latest version, then we;re not helping anyone.

The way I see the site being helpful is as a resource that houses links to the most essential software for the treo and also as a warehouse for things that change with much less frequency like ringtones, wallpapers, skins, tips, etc.

Best,
    Derek.
    For all of our fans out there, we've produced a treo600essentials.com wallpaper...

http://treo600essentials.com/wallpaper/t600e.jpg

If you're reading this from your Treo, just click here to download it.

Best,
    Derek.
    We just posted some new wallpapers at Treo600Essentials.com - be sure to come on by and check them out!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12