1.    #1  
    I just purchased a Treo 600 using Sprint.

So far so good, but I cannot figure out how to add pauses etc. to contact phone numbers. I need this to access my work voice mail, send pages, etc. I tried inserting the letter "p" in contact phone numbers, but it was ignored.

This is a pretty basic phone feature and I can't believe the Treo/Sprint does not support it.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by thr61
    I just purchased a Treo 600 using Sprint.

So far so good, but I cannot figure out how to add pauses etc. to contact phone numbers. I need this to access my work voice mail, send pages, etc. I tried inserting the letter "p" in contact phone numbers, but it was ignored.

This is a pretty basic phone feature and I can't believe the Treo/Sprint does not support it.

Thanks.
    You will typically want to do this as Extra Digits after the normal phone number. To do this, go to the Favorites page, select the Favorite you want to edit, hit Menu/Edit Favorite Button, and on the next page click More. Here you can enter additional digits. Insert a comma for a pause. Insert multiple commas if the pause has to be longer.

That's all.
    Ahhh... at first, the comma didn't seem to work on the Treo 600 as a pause, but from reading in another thread, you have to uncheck the checkbox in phone preferences that says "enable short DTMF Tones". This lets you HEAR the pause instead of a series of weird beeps that I guess are sent electronically as a pause. Weird. Go figure.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Yes but you still can only do it from favorites this is a bummer

Interestingly TakePhone lets you put the p in a normal contact record and it will dial it as extra digits without having to add it to favorites.
    Hi,

I am trying to produce a solution to the "dial pauses" problem.

(i.e. you can not add more than one hard-pause into a dialed number)

I need people to download and install the attached utility, then
    make a call (any way you like), then run this utility (KeyTest),
    and tap the "Dial" button at the bottom.

Report what you see on screen, and if the digits are dialed on the call (you can change the digits, if you like)

Thanks !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com