Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone think it's possible to swap the black sprint T600 case with the silver one?

It looks so much better IMHO and I love the thought of getting rid of that stupid sprint logo too.

If it is possible to do this, how might someone go about getting thier hands on the parts necessary to do it?
    Originally posted by derek985
    Does anyone think it's possible to swap the black sprint T600 case with the silver one?

It looks so much better IMHO and I love the thought of getting rid of that stupid sprint logo too.

If it is possible to do this, how might someone go about getting thier hands on the parts necessary to do it?
    Well, probably you can, but with two options you may not like.

First, paint it -- I think JakeE did this on his 300.

Second, switch carriers -- of course you would have to buy a new phone. I'm sure Handspring ... er, Pa1mOne ... would like that.

Someone else may have a suggestion ... those are my guesses.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Originally posted by derek985

buy a gsm phone and switch the cases then sell the gsm with the cdma case?

but the gsm case may not fit on the cdma hardware inside "the bump" may be a deal breaker
    Hey Derek,

I'm planning to buy a GSM model and prefer the cobalt color over the silver. If we determine it is feasible, perhaps we can swap cases???? Not sure about the "bump", though. Another major issue would be the SIM slot on the silver GSM case that wouldn't exist on the Sprint case. All in all, it probably wouldn't work. (Rats!)
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by warpdrive
    Hey Derek,

I'm planning to buy a GSM model and prefer the cobalt color over the silver. If we determine it is feasible, perhaps we can swap cases???? Not sure about the "bump", though. Another major issue would be the SIM slot on the silver GSM case that wouldn't exist on the Sprint case. All in all, it probably wouldn't work. (Rats!)
    If we can determine it's possible - I'd be glad to swap!

I think my T600 has a false sim card door. Detailed photos of each for comparison purposes are in order.
    I doubt the cases are even remotely compatible between the GSM and CDMA. Though the outside dimensions appear to be the same, I suspect there has to be differences internally; i.e. where the ridges are for circuit boards etc. Especially if you consider the differences between the 270 and 300 cases.
    Originally posted by potatoho
    I doubt the cases are even remotely compatible between the GSM and CDMA. Though the outside dimensions appear to be the same, I suspect there has to be differences internally; i.e. where the ridges are for circuit boards etc. Especially if you consider the differences between the 270 and 300 cases.
    I'm sure you are right, Potatoho. Oh well, it was just a thought . . . I guess I'll have to just get by with the silver case that will come with the US GSM models. (That is until I can convince a European Orange customer to swap cases with me!)
    Has anyone thought of doing this? It would look really cool.

Assuming you could take it apart and send just the case to a chrome plating service.
    I may be way off base here, but I -thought- that the internal layout was very similar between the GSM and CDMA. I seem to remember that the 'radio' portion of the treo occupied the same small rectangular area, regardless of CDMA/GSM.

-Rob
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    This is what bothers you, u r worried about, what bothers me is that people are staving to death in this day and age, that there is war and hatred, but this, a phone color. Why not be bothered and worry about important things like food, a roof over your head and food for others roofs over other heads, feed a poor person? Something important, but worring and/or bothered by a cell phone color about a phone color, I do not mean to be rude, but frankly u need to rethink a few priorities in life. Take care, jay
    The color of the Treo 600 housing IS a trivial thing compared to world hunger and assisting the poor. However, this is TREOCENTRAL, not the PEACE CORPS Chat room.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ilovedessert

Did it occur to you that Derek may have the other bases (food, water, shelter) covered already for himself and maybe others?

The guys just looking for some ideas, which I believe to be very valid in this forum..If ya wanna bust him, just mention the fact that the color is trivial when compared to a GSM user like me who can beg HS enough to allow me to obtain one!

The plastic wrap product looks real nice... anyone try this?

Funny, I like the black case and hopefully will be getting a GSM version (see previous hundred topics on this sight, why I and many other GSM users don't have one yet) which will be silver.
    When obtained I'd like to look into some of the wrap in black...after I go food shopping, pay the mortgage and make a donation to my favorite charity..that is.
    Originally posted by warpdrive
    The color of the Treo 600 housing IS a trivial thing compared to world hunger and assisting the poor. However, this is TREOCENTRAL, not the PEACE CORPS Chat room.
    ROTFLMHO!!!!!!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Phone color is not something anyone should ghet thier nickers in a twist about! O and BTW jshort, I did not know that starvation was cured.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    The color of the case means a great deal to some. As a matter of fact, some companies go out of their way to create different colors of their products to accommodate thier customers..can you think of 1?

A more practical use of different color cases would be for idenification among like devices. we have issues here with 10 people in the same area with all exactly the same laptops...gets very confusing..so we let our employees customize them.

I'd want a different color Treo 600 than my wife's as we would be grabbing it quickly running out the door...so there is a bit of a revalation here...

Here's another one...
    (for the starvation comment):

It has always been a problem and probably always will be as there are many geographic, political and sociological reasons way beyond our control . I can tell you that it is not a problem with anyone who I am responsible for. There is no cure for it is not a disease. Ask yourself who is responsible...and you will find it is no one on these forums.
    BY THE WAY YOU WANT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR AND YOUR WIFE'S PHONE GO TO EGRIPE.COM AND COVER THE PHONE WITH AN EGRIPE. THEY ARE SLEF STICK AND EASILY REMOVED COVERS THAT MAKE THE PHONE LESS LIKELY TO BE DROPPED OR SLIP OUT OF YOUR HAND.

HAVING THE PHONE MADE IN ONE COLOR ALSO KEEPS THE PRICE DOWN!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WE ARE ALL EFFECTED BY STRAVATION:

Most of us choice not to want to know:

Sure all fo the poeple on this borad do nto have to worry that there is food on the table and aroof over our heads, because we can plop down $500 + for a phone!

But you just do not want to deal with it or face it.

For example, 7 years ago, I was in honduras, (i have been there 7 times), @ that time I help put together 2 trainloads fo outdated but fully functional medical equipent for shipping to honduras from NYC & Boston.

Shortly thereafter us workers went on strick because Leslie Faye Corp., was paying 40 cents a piece for work on shirts that were selling for $40 thru $100.00. The work was being done in a duty free section of Puerto Cortez Honduras.

At best the duty free work area, is the same as the rest of dirt poor Puerto Cortez, but fenced with cyclone fencing.

Leslie Faye corp. said they were helping these pepole by giving them jobs. Yet, these peopel are being paid 40 cents per peice and they work in a country where the roads was away every wet season, there is little or no medical care and there is hardly any food.

we aid and abet this because we do not care to know where things are made and how the people who make them have to live.

Now a few years forward, Kathy Lee Gifford, Kathy Ireland,and number of others who have clothing lines sopld in Walmart and Kamart get all kinds of negitive publicity yet they are making millions for thier endorcements. Where did they think it was being made if it was selling sop cheaply in stores such as KMART and WALMART.

So you tell yourself that someone has to make inexpensive clotles for less fortuneate peolle then yourslef and that is putting food in thier months and clothing on their backs. Yet Kathy Lee Gifford & Kathy Ireland and others have mutli million dollar contracts, like any of them need the $. The decided since they are publicly flogged to give most of the $ make in donations and cut their taxes, but still profit handsomely from the deals.

Now fast forward to this past week, Puffy Combs, aka puff daddy, sells his line of VERY EXPENSIVE CLOTHES, the sell for well into the the 3 figure price range. Well he is making MILLIONS FOR HAVEING THE CLOTHING MADE IN THE SAME PLACE FOR THE SAME 40 CENTS PER PEICE.

In Hondoras things are better than china, for example:

It never ends, becaus e we do not want it to end, becuase we do not want to know that a peice of our clothing could be made by a woman who was jailed for refuding to have her FEMALE child aborted in China since they are "of less valvue" to the chinese government. In that jail she will do piece work manufactering, she will be beated sodimized and raped. All so we could have cheap american flags, clothing and millions of other items made by chinese!

THINK ABOUT IT IN MANY WAYS WE ARE REPOSNACBLE FOR THIS HAPPENING, SO EXCUSE ME, IF I THINK WORRYING ABOUT A PHONE COVER IS SO FOOLISH.

We all buy things all of the time without think of where and how they were made and what the conditions on where they were made. If the person who made them will die quite young and a horrible death b/c the working conditons or the air in the factories is so polluted. We do not to know!

While things may be great at your home b/c you can afford a 500+ phone there are millions here in the STates who are one week away from lossing it all or who have b/c the cannot find a job!

Frankly I live with the color of my phone and get worked up over something more important. BY saying we all have a roof over our heads smacks of arragance! No wonder why we are called the ugly Americans....we deserve it!
    What just happened here?
    now i don't mean to be the forum police, but i'm thinking maybe..just maybe we're off topic a bit. anyone?
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    Phone color is not something anyone should ghet thier nickers in a twist about! O and BTW jshort, I did not know that starvation was cured.
    this forum is here to discuss all things Treo. We ***** and moan about every little thing. Why did you pick this thread to get all high and mighty?

Relax.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast