Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You know what JAY? I think you are getting a little worked up over something you shouldn't, just like you accused us. We meet here to discuss these things because they are frustrating to us. This is an outlet for these EXACT type of discussions. The fact that you went nuts about someone wanting s different color phone shows me that you are a little unbalanced my friend. It is comendable that you have been to Honduras and done work there to help the unfortunate population. You are absolutely right that they( and everyone) deserve to be treated better. Unfortunately they are going to have to work for a long time to get it. As far as China goes I was stationed at our embassy there for a year and a half when I was a Marine. Those people are also in a terrible situation that desperately needs to be fixed. However, they do almost nothing to try and fix it themselves. Have you read the Constitution of the United States of America? Not only does it grant the freedoms and rights we all enjoy on a daily basis, but it also charges us with some very grave and somber responsibilities. One such responsibility is for the people to ensure that the government remains one "of the People, for the People, and by the People." Unfortunately the population of China did not have access to this great document (or they choose to ignore it) when they allowed a communist regime to move in and overtake their country. This is not my fault, nor is it a reason that I should stop living my life. I have fought hard to defend my nation, and as a result I have the right to complain about the color of my phone, as you have the right to act like a maniac when I do so.
    And finally, no matter what you may think, this was not meant to anger anyone. I happen to agree that it is my responsibility to help my fellow man, as long as he is willing to help himself. Therefore I feel I would be remiss if I didn't point out that if you truly feel that strongly about the things that you wrote, you might get more people to listen and support your ideas if you ran a quick spellcheck on yourself. You may have been typing insanely fast as a result of your passionate opinion but man it made me cringe to read it. I seriously think you wouldn't coming off sounding so crazy if you just...slowed...down.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I think some medication is in order here.
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    This is what bothers you, u r worried about, what bothers me is that people are staving to death in this day and age, that there is war and hatred, but this, a phone color.
    jay
    When you go broke feeding the homeless then you have earned the right to preach all high and mighty like.

As your posting to this board your obviously are interested in or own a Treo. At the very least you own a cell phone.

The cost of your cell service alone would feed several families for a year in some countries.

So until then
    Originally posted by LORDOFTHETREOS
    I think some medication is in order here.
    Let's just move on to electroshock.
    well, dgoodisi, I think you just said a mouthful!!
    That should be the end of that!

Now..........on to more important things.......
    Originally posted by ido
    Now..........on to more important things.......
    Heh...now that's irony right there for ya.
    This guy is out of hand. Listen bud, it's a Treo forum!!!! What did you expect people to talk about???
  8.    #28  
    This is what bothers you, u r worried about, what bothers me is that people are staving to death in this day and age, that there is war and hatred, but this, a phone color. Why not be bothered and worry about important things like food, a roof over your head and food for others roofs over other heads, feed a poor person? Something important, but worring and/or bothered by a cell phone color about a phone color, I do not mean to be rude, but frankly u need to rethink a few priorities in life. Take care, jay
    Eat me treehugger.
    Hi,I am disabled therefore spelling mistakes happen often, I am so sorry but I have to live with it as will you. IT was not hysteria that caused my typos it is my multiple disablities and my desire to want to be able to communicate with the internet, when unfortunately my access is somewhat blocked in using it due to the daily compremises my disablities make me deal with daily. Unless there is a spell checker with in this porgram, I am sorry but I will due the best I can do with my typing. When Dragon Naturally speaking becomes more acurate as thecnolgy continues then you will have less typos of mine to rread.

All i stated was the color of a phone should not be something to carry on about an then I was attacked over it.

Frankly I live with and deal with and help others to deal daily with the disabilitiees that I am teh members of my support group suffer. Human suffering is more important than acolor of a phone. I was trying to place the seeming hysteria of the 1st poster to the paridoxal issue of big deal it is only a phone. It is an item we own, not soemthing we define ourselves with. I think people should just keep the fact that it is a very amazing phone/pda, but the color will not effect how it is used or your impact your life. In comaparison to waht I have seen in The Russian Far East and in central America trust me it is no be deal.That suffering

Oh btw, being an American means that we should not just defend our country it also means that we should help others to have the rights we have. One easy was to do that is to think about how and where someting is made.
    It woudl also be easier for all of us who live here to think about how easy we have it, and how hard others do.

When I read posters who say they won't buy the T600 due to the ear buldge or color, I laugh at how spoled and foolish many of us are.

Change the color with egrips or paint it, but to waste time ena deffort to try to get ther guts of the phone into the case of another companies version is a foolish waste, when you compare it to the real struggles people face.

I wasn't born disabled, I became disable in 1991, so I have insight as to how foolish and for lack of other word, yuppie like that IU was and how becoming disabled changed me. Since I had to now learn to deal with the world that is not gerared to the disabled.

That makes little thinks like the color of the phone to be a trivality to me. I find if strange that we have wasted so mcuh time on the color of a phone.

In the past 8 months I cared for my dying father and my mother who is now facing her 6th hospitalization in 3 months. I wish I had tiem to worry about the color of my phone. It is a foolish waste of time. It also shows us how trapped we all are including me in the rat race for unimportant things.

Buy the phone don't buy the phone who cares, but the color is the last thing reason why someone would not want to buy or use a phone/pda!
    Take care, jay
    Phone color is not something anyone should ghet thier nickers in a twist about! O and BTW jshort, I did not know that starvation was cured.
    Troll
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    ok i am opinionated, OFF WITH MY HEAD! ....JAY

I wasn't born disabled, I became disable in 1991, so I have insight as to how foolish and for lack of other word, yuppie like that IU was and how becoming disabled changed me. Since I had to now learn to deal with the world that is not gerared to the disabled.
    Jay (ilovedessert)

How did you become disabled?

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    HIYA, Auto accident, in 1989, fractured vertebra in my neck, the fracture was at 1st very small and very hard to find. Went from dr. to dr tro try to find out why I had such awful pain and why my left arm was 1st numb and then became weak.

During all of this my noi fualt med ins benifits thru auto ins cut off my benifits. MY reg med ins said it was auto accident and they refused to pay. That ensued in a 2 1/2 legal wrestle that left auto ins carrier very, very bloodied!!! Since it is \very dificult to sue one's own ins company under medical no fault I had to do it myself.

NYState forced change in how carriers deal with no fault reviews and re reviews, due to me!!

By that tiem there was so much damage and the vertebra cracked more! I finnaly had my 1st of 2 spinal surgeries in my neck, as that was the disk level that controls my arms.

There was so much damage I was told from the onset that they would be able to make it some what better but not fix it. That is exactly what happened. from there, the spinal fusion did nto complete itself due to so much damage.

More spinal surgery is indicated to help delay further degintive joint disease in other verterbra levels in my spine, the jury is still out on that one. I have been in & out of physical therpy over a dozen times trying to prevent additional surgey.

The accident also apparently chipped the hell out of lower spine. The damage was nto apparent as quickly due to having to wear spically made shoes all my life, so I always had a great deal of leg pain. One day, I could nto get out of bed. I had spinal; surgery this time in my lower spine. I was in a body cast for 7 months and not allowed to drive and in physial therpay for the next 5 months.

I had to sell my biz at a great loss due to inability to work. I had to sell house and move in with my parents, geta for someone who was single, happly dating and 38!

Due to injury I have developed a great deal of osteo artritis of the spine, hands, legs and feet. I also developed Fibromyalgia. I take 29 pills a day, which cost well over $1,000 a month of which I have no rx coverage.

As a person who worked for more than 10 years, I became eliable for medicare and social security. My soc sec file was lost, by soc sec, for 8 12/ months and then it took them 3 1/2 months to recontrsct my file. I was granted disabilty benifits during Newt gingring's 1st govern shut down and was not given the $ or medicare benifits until after the paperwork was coaught up with after newt's 2nd gov. shut down. (underfederal law once you are disabled for 2 years and 5 months u automaticly get the same medicare as senior citzens with a very big caveat. That being, medigao coverage, (what medicare does not pay for), is offered to every senior citzen if you are or are not disabled but if you are not disabled it is optional under age 65 for any ins carrier. At this tiem there is not one compnay offering covergae to any disabled person on soc sec & medicare UNDER THE AGE OF 65!

BTW I worked from age 15, when I started my own biz until day after my 38th birthday which was when I sold my biz, it wass the only job I ever had!

It gets better , there are medicare HMO's that by federal law had have to take disabled under 65. They cover all if not most of what medicare does not and for free or slight fees, including my meds.

Now think back to mids '70's congress decided that whent he baby boomers retired they would require a great deal of $ in soc sec and medicare when they retire. The rates were rasied b\for both soc sec and medicare. That $ was to accumulate until the boomers retired.

Now go bnack to the 80's Ronnie reagan promised to spend a great deal of $ make cut taxes and make the economy grow so fast that thax cuts would be covered AND HE WOULD BALANCE THE BUDGET!

Congress goes for it hook line and sinker, but spends less tyhan Ronnie asked for. The tax cuts are also passed., Economy does nto pick up to the late 80's and '90's the decift mushrooms insteads of being paid off by supply side economics. (mind yout hat ronnie gets airports and roads named after him and everyone thinks he is wonderful, but they forget that he promised to balance the budget and blames deficts on congress and sadly most people agree with him).

NOw the boom continues in the '90's and congress and clinton decide to balance the budget. Now the congress is no longer demorcrate but republican, so instead of raising taxes to cover deficit, they decided to take the money $138 BILLION out of medicare and far more than that at of soc sec. That was called the Reenhasement act of "97aka as the budget act of '97.

Up until that point medicare funding for hmo's was based on a formula that was based on an experiment that ran hmo's in south fla. The program was expanded elsewhere in the country. But congress decided not to adjust the fees paid to the hmo's by how much it cost to run a practice there. So you have hmo's giving away rx's for free in south fla and hmo's charging $200 plus in NYS, NJ and out west!

Congress decides to slowly equalize the money they give to hmo's by how much it actually costs to run a pravtice there. This passes a few weeks before the buget act, caps that ammount of money to the hmo's tono more than 2%. In my county in central fla it was to go up about 7% as congress gave about $300 less to my county per person per month to run the hmo than in my miami, thta is almost 2x more. But it des not cost 2x more there to run a practice.

The hmo's cannot run on only 2% or less rasie as it is under the ammount of growth in medical costs,. SO THEY ALL START TO CLOSE!!!

The fed law prevents me from going to a medicare hmo in a surroinding county. So that means i have to move to a county that still has an hmo or become medically indiget. Me who went from 6 full time and 12 part time employees and a home in NYC!

Moving was out, as if the cut backs were happening in my county it is only a matter of time, before they get cut back elsewhere.

This new program that ruised the medicare hom porgram is called medicare plus choice, or M+C.

now 2002 arrives and and congress is sick of senior citizens screaming about their hmo's closing , so they add more $ to monthly funding, but require so much more paperwork tjhat it costs the hmo's more so they continue to close. (just one of these reports would cost my former medicare hmo $300,00 and it was only one of dozens of new reports and studies required by congress in 2001 & 2002.

So now I have no ins other then Medicare and medicade is very underfuned in this state so when they realize that the fed is cutting abck and more peopkle would need state services they lower the ammount of $ and worth one can have in order to get medicaid.

Top that all with, my 1st day back toi part tiem driving after my second spoinal surgey, we discover than my Dad will need to ahve surery twice in the next 5 months. My MOm has to have emergeny surgery once and shoulde rsurgeyr twice also during those 5 months.

During the 2nd ofmy father's surgeries the discover he has a heart problem. While he is recoumberating from that they discover that he has terminal liver cancer and dies 8 moths later, which was now 6 mohts ago. My mom goes into to get her 15 year old art. hip revised, (a portion was to be repalced), they did that 3 months ago. Her hip pops out of joint 4 times in these last 3 months resultiing in a hospitalzation each time. Now they are putting in a different one taht cannot pop out this coming Monday.

Now add to that My spinal issues in my neck are getting worse and additional neeck surery is not to far off. My Crainal abse surgeon who did bith of my spinal sureries and in fact invented the procedure that I had for bioth procdure, calls me last friday and tells me that he is closing up shop and movong to MASS. Thsi becuase most ofhis practice is brain surgery and FLA is having a big problem with Malpractice ins rates. Teh gov and the legistlature cap mal practice insur. payments hoping to stop the run up in ins premiums or the out right in ability to get ins.

Mind you this guy is so good that he is sought after by dozens of university hospitals to move his paractice, in fact he was enticed by unvioerstiy or private hospital sin all 50 states.

So he is moving his practice in a few weeks. I of course cannot go to see him before he moves,as my MOm will be in the hospital recovering from surgery.

So in the spring I will have to go to MASS to see him as no one here wants to touch my spine, (drs. I mean, LOL).

BTW my dr,. eat the cost of the difference between what medicare paid and what the surgery actaulluy costs,. It was 9 12/ hours long in over $300,000, of which he got about $3,000! He is agreat guy, his fathe ris 94 still practicing as a dr. invented a stent that is still used in by pass surgery nad has been creditied in saving over a million lives.

In my 2nd spinal surgery, they laced donated bone with titanium to help it heal, as bone grows over titanium. So I have four peices of soemone elses spine implanted in my own along with bown grafts from my pelvis.

The 1st surgeyr was doens from the front and resolted in a partical parralisis of my left vocal coard, which I was warned about ahead of time since the damage was so great . Both times I had cardical issue son the table. The second suregry iot was very scarry as my back was oppend up, while my heart stopped!

From 1989 to now has been some ride. O BTW my girlfriend decided that I was too sick and dumped me, becaus eshe did not want to be incumbered., Actuall it is just as well since it hsowed her true colors.

OK it is almost 4 am, I have been up for hours due to the pain, my mistakes with dragon naturally speaking are getting worse as my coice gets tired, (yes a side effect of the parrlised vocal cord).

Actually it is not as bad as it sounds, I have a rich and full life and due to my disabilty have met enough people in the medical field to have help gotten supplkies sent to meed countries, etc. But be glad we live here in the states. I was very surprised to see how bad it was in the russian far east. Places in russia that I was to were far worse than 2rd world countires.

So the conclusion is life is uncertain eat dessert 1st and make sure it is chocolate! take care, jay
    Jay:

WOOOOWWWWW!!!!

I apologize because for once I think I am at loss for words!?!?!?!?

I now understand why the issue of phone color seems so trivial to you.

At this moment I wish I was Major Nelson on “I dream of Genie.” If I was I would have Genie cross her arms and fix you, bring back your Dad and fix your Mom. Then I would loan Genie to you for a week, but since I am not Major Nelson I guess I can’t do that.

I wish I could help you. At this moment there are only two things that come to mind that might help. I remember once listening to a Tony Robbins set of tapes. I can’t remember exactly what the name of the series was, but I remember him talking about the importance of having a good attitude. He told this story about a guy who, believe it or not, was a thousand times worse-off than you. This guy had been burned from head to toe in a fire, lost his wife and kids and was in a wheel chair, but the guy was always happy. Someone asked him how he could be so happy after going through hell and high water. The guy said something like “As long as I am above ground, it is good to be alive.”

I don’t want to get too profound on you but if you put things in perspective I had a thought about life a couple of months ago which I wrote down:

“The known Universe has existed for at least 15 billion years and time has existed for eternity going backwards. As a random act of the Universe each of us step out of eternity into what we call human life on earth. If we are lucky we live seventy good years and anything after seventy is bonus rounds. Then we step back into eternity never to return. This is why you have to live life to the fullest. Take risks. As Seroyan said, "In the time of your life...live."

Albert Einstein put it best when he said “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”

Jay I understand live has dealt you some very painful challenges but try to see the magic and beauty of being alive. Life in all its forms is precious. And think about how you have positively affected the world, from the aid work you did in Central America to sharing your perspective with your fellow TreoCentral.com forum members—including myself.

I collect quotes and one comes to mind to help you overcome the challenges you are facing. It comes from Charles Swindoll who says:

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The one thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes." —Charles Swindoll

Jay, keep you chin up and as Einstein said, see and enjoy how miraculous your world really is.

I imagine the riddle to why your Treocentral.com name is ilovedessert has been answered.

You said, “So the conclusion is life is uncertain eat dessert 1st and make sure it is chocolate!” I agree and second that. Thank God for Chocolate!!!

Take care,
    jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Y'know... I was just thinking that I kinda hate the Sprint case -- anyone know where I can get the silver one?
    I have one thing to say:

For twelve years you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his TREO 600 or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing--you who dread knowledge--I am the man who will now tell you.

You have heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis. You have said it yourself, half in fear, half in hope that the words had no meaning. You have cried that man's sins are destroying the world and you have cursed human nature for its unwillingness to practice the virtues you demanded. Since virtue, to you, consists of sacrifice, you have demanded more sacrifices at every successive disaster. In the name of a return to morality, you have sacrificed all those evils which you held as the cause of your plight. You have sacrificed justice to mercy. You have sacrificed independence to unity. You have sacrificed reason to faith. You have sacrificed wealth to need. You have sacrificed self-esteem to self-denial. You have sacrificed happiness to duty.

You have destroyed all that which you held to be evil and achieved all that which you held to be good. Why, then do you shrink in horror from the sight of the world around you? That world is not the product of your sins, it is the product and the image of your virtues. It is your moral ideal brought into reality in its full and final perfection. You have fought for it, you have dreamed of it, and you have wished it, and I -- I am the man who has granted you your wish.

Your ideal had an implacable enemy, which your code of morality was designed to destroy. I have withdrawn that enemy. I have taken it out of your way and out of your reach. I have removed the source of all those evils you were sacrificing one by one. I have ended your battle. I have stopped your motor. I have deprived your world of man's mind.

Men do not live by the mind, you say? I have withdrawn those who do. The mind is impotent, you say? I have withdrawn those whose mind isn't. There are higher values than the mind, you say? I have withdrawn those for whom there aren't.

While you were dragging to your sacrificial altars the men of justice, of reason, of independence, of wealth, of self-esteem -- I beat you to it, I reached them first. I told them the nature of the game you were playing and the nature of the moral code of yours, which they had been too innocently generous to grasp. I showed them the way to live by another morality -- mine. It is mine that they chose to follow.

All the men who have vanished, the men you hated, yet dreaded to lose, it is I who have taken them away from you. Do not attempt to find us. We do not choose to be found. Do not cry that it is our duty to serve you. We do not recognize such duty. Do not cry that you own us. You don't. Do not beg us to return. We are on strike, we, the men of the mind.

We are on strike against self-immolation. We are on strike against the creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. We are on strike against the dogma that the pursuit of one's happiness is evil. We are on strike against the doctrine that life is guilt.

There is a difference between our strike and all those you've practiced for centuries: our strike consists, not of making demands, but of granting them. We are evil according to your morality. We have chosen not to harm you any longer. We are useless, according to your economics. We have chosen not to exploit you any longer. We are dangerous and to be shackled, according to your politics. We have chosen not to endanger you, nor to wear the shackles any longer. We are only an illusion, according to your philosophy. We have chosen not to blind you any longer and have left you free to face reality--the reality you wanted, the world as you see it now, a world without mind.

We have granted you everything you demanded of us, we who had always been the givers, but have only now understood it. We have no demands to present to you, no terms of bargain about, no compromise to reach. You have nothing to offer us. WE DO NOT NEED YOU.

Are you crying: No, this was not what you wanted? A mindless world of ruins was not your goal? You did not want us to leave you? You moral cannibals, I know that you've always known what it was that you wanted. But your game is up, because now we know it too.

Through centuries of scourges and disasters, brought about by your code of morality, you have cried that your code had been broken, that the scourges were punishment for breaking it, that men were too weak and too selfish to spill all the blood it required. You damned man, you damned existence, you damned this earth, but never dared to question your code. Your victims took the blame and struggled on, with your curses as rewards for their martyrdom--while you went on crying that your code was noble, but human nature was not good enough to practice it. And no one rose to ask the question: Good?--by what standard?

You wanted to know John Galt's identity. I am the man who has asked that question.

Yes, this is an age of moral crisis. Yes, you are bearing punishment for your evil. But it is not man who is now on trial and it is not human nature that will take the blame. It is your moral code that's through, this time. Your moral code has reached its climax, the blind alley at the end of its course. And if you wish to go on living, what you now need is not to return to morality--you who have know any--but to discover it.

You have heard no concepts of morality but the mystical or the social. You have been taught that morality is a code of behavior imposed on you by whim, the whim of a supernatural power or the whim of society, to serve God's purpose or your neighbor's welfare, to please an authority beyond the grave or else next door--but not to serve your life or pleasure. Your pleasure you have been taught is to be found in immortality, your interests would best be served by evil, and any moral code must be designed not for you, but against you, not to further your life, but to drain it.

For centuries, the battle of morality was fought between those who claimed that it belongs to your neighbors--between those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of ghosts in heaven and those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of incompetents on earth. And no one came to say that your life belongs to you and that the good is to live it.

Both sides agreed that morality demands the surrender of your self-interest and of your mind, that the moral and the practical are opposites, that morality is not the province of reason, but the province of faith and force. Both side agreed that no rational morality is possible, that there is no right or wrong in reason--that in reason there's no reason to be moral. Whatever else they fought about, it was against man's mind that all your moralists have stood united. It was mind that all their schemes and systems were intended to despoil and destroy. Now choose to perish or to learn that the anti-mind is the anti-life.

Man's mind is his basic tool of survival. Life is given to him, survival is not. His body is given to him sustenance is not. His mind is given to him, its content is not. To remain alive, he must act, and before he can act he must know the nature and purpose of his action. He cannot obtain his food without a knowledge of food and of the way to obtain it. He cannot dig a ditch--or build a cyclotron--without a knowledge of his aim and of the means to achieve it. To remain alive, he must think.

But to think is an act of choice. The key to what you so recklessly call 'human nature,' the open secret you live with, yet dread to name, is the fact that man is a being of volitional consciousness. Reason does not work automatically; thinking is not a mechanical process; the connections of logic are not made by instinct. The function of your stomach, lungs, or heart is automatic; the function of your mind is not. In any hour and issue of your life , you are free to escape from that for you, who are a human being, the question 'to be or not to be' is the question 'to think or not to think'.

A being of volitional consciousness has no automatic course of behavior. He needs a code of values to guide his actions. 'Value' is that which one acts to gain and keep, 'virtue' is the action by which one gains and keeps it. 'Value' presupposes an answer to the question: of value to whom and for what? 'Value' presupposes a standard, a purpose and the necessity of action in the face of an alternative. Where there are no alternatives, no values are possible.

There is only one fundamental alternative in the universe: existence or non-existence--and it pertains to a single class of entities: living organisms. The existence of inanimate matter is unconditional, the existence of life is not; it depends on a specific course of action. Matter is indestructable, it changes its forms, but it cannot cease to exist. It is only a living organism that faces a constant alternative: th eissue of life or death. Life is a process of self-sustaining and self-generating action. If an organism fails in that action, it does; its chemical elements remain, but its life goes out of existence. It is only the concept of 'Life' that makes the concept of 'Value' possible. It is only to a living entity that things can be good or evil.

A plant must feed itself in order to live; the sunlight, the water, the chemicals it needs are the values its nature has set it to pursue; its life is the standard of value directing its actions. Bur a plant has no choice of action; there are alternatives in the conditions it encounters, but there is no alternative in its function: it acts automatically to further its life, it cannot act for its own destruction.
    First off I am sorry that you have had to deal with so much hardship in your life but I stand by my initial opinion that for you to get upset about a thread on phone color here, exactly where it should be is both childish and ridiculous. Second, I find your coming back with being crippled as the reason for your typos almost cheating. I was genuinely trying to give you helpful advice on getting people turned to your point of view. Of course I can see now why you would have such a hard time typing. Finally, to coreysapp, what the hell did that have to do with ANYTHING?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm that the sprint (black) cover will definately not fit the GSM model and visa versa? I assume it is pretty early for some to be trying this swap out, but it would be nice to know.
    HI all and Thank you. I did not write down what happened to me for sympathy, but to tell every one why I think you should sweat the small things which to me inlcuded the coloro of a phone.

Yes, I do know many people how have it far worse than me. Oner of the blessing of what happened to me is that I now run asupport group for Fibromyalgia and compared to many of the people in my group, i am far better of than many of them. I was lucky to survive the horrible car accident that caused it, the two surgeies the heart incidentces etc. i also was lucky to get enough to be invited to address memebers of the US House of representives on the issue of medicare reform!

AS to the issue of John Galt, it took me a while to remember the line, "Who is John Galt?" I realized during the night that John Galy was a fictional charater from the book Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I think I read it high school which was about 30 years ago. If I remeber correctly, it is a moralistic tale about Ms. Rand's belief of enlighten self interest and that mankind does nto inheritly do anything which is altruistic. I do find her writting interesting but I could not disagree more about alturism.

Anyway take care Jay.

ps i would wonder if the cases would fit if u could change them the sprint version is different inside a tleast in terms of the ear "buldge" or that is what I would imagine, from what I have read. J
    Last edited by ilovedessert; 10/31/2003 at 11:44 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12