Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If any of the GSM users out there have the Handspring Mail PRC file for the Treo 600 and could provide it to us Sprint users. It would be greatly appreciated. Sprint wants us to use BC, but I am not paying Sprint any more a month than they get now. After using Handspring Mail on the emulator, I think I would like it better than Snappermail too. Please help!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    If you get someone to send the prc to you, please post it for the rest of the Sprint users. I hope it wasn't put in the ROM. Thank you.

macfan
  3.    #3  
    Well I know that is locked in the emulator, so it may very well be in the ROM. If it is in the ROM, does anyone know of any applications that will allow you to into a Palm ROM and pull applications out?
    I'm on my treo, so I cannot close the thread, but please do not post the prc to the boards. We will have to take it down if you do. I have heard rumblings of Handspring may offer it themselves: it is a very good email client.
  5.    #5  
    Since HS Mail is free with the GSM version, is their a license with it, and if so is it tied to the phone? I have a copy on the emulator but can not get it out of the emulator. If I do get it I will not put the PRC on the board per your wishes. Would a link to the PRC be OK to post? HS should put this up for free download. The fact that Sprint had HS strip it out is rediculous. I know from the emulator that it is a good client and would meet my mail needs.
    I would be interested in this as well
    Not sure if this the same app, but on my Orange GMS I have a built-in app simply called E-Mail. The About is saying Handspring so I guess it's the same. Checking the database information with ZLauncher, it reads:

Size: 87K(ROM) + 130K
    M.Date: August 28, 2003 22:45
    Version: 1.0

Can't find any prc in my BackupBuddy folder that looks related...
    That's the right one, Mol...this came up a month ago or so, and someone suggested using a program called Filez. I also would be very interested in this...
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I suppose Miradu is looking at this from a legal standpoint but I don't feel I owe either Handspring or Sprint anything. Both have made many promises that they have not kept. As much as I like my new Treo 600 it amazes me that either company can stay in business the way that they treat customers. I would like to have the mail prc if anyone can extract it and is willing to send it to me. Don't try to make this like what the music industry has done. What they have done has only come back to bite them. I know my feelings aren't legal but I feel if you bought it, it is yours to do what you with.

macfan
    macfan32@XXXXXyahoo.com
    So I have the file sitting on my laptop but the FTP server of my ISP is down so I can't upload it right now.

Anybody that wants to host it? Otherwise I'll try later tonight.
    In the meantime I've emailed two prc's to macfan. I think there are other files in the ROM that might be related but Filez wouldn't let me work with them.
    FTP is up again.

EMail.prc

Not sure you need the second one:

EMail_enUS.prc
    Originally posted by Mol
    So I have the file sitting on my laptop but the FTP server of my ISP is down so I can't upload it right now.

Anybody that wants to host it? Otherwise I'll try later tonight.
    I don't yet have my Treo 600 (in awaiting shipment for the 2nd day now) However I do want their email program and have a web site with unlimited bandwidth hosted outside the US.

I would be willing to host it, provided it works and I can not get in legal trouble for hosting it.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I installed the two prc and it says: can't find required file.

macfan
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    The error message goes on to say that you should reinstall. Could it be that the mail program is on the CD for the non Sprint models?

macfan
  16.    #16  
    I got an e-mail this morning that contained many more files. I will test out and let everyone know if it is, or is not successful. I probably won't get a chance to test until later this afternoon.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I'll test them.

macfan
    macfan@XXXXXyahoo.com
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    macfan32@XXXXXyahoo.com
    [deleted. When a moderator asks you to do something, please do it.]
    I'm about to install it...I'll keep u posted.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast