Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Originally posted by lnichols

It installs everything. All of the file that you have. I figured it would need an Installation PRC to tailor the files since they are not in the ROM and it still works.
    So you put all the files on the Treo, then run the installation PRC, and that's it?

Could somebody try to work out whether all the files are needed or just some of them? Once that is done I'll put up a page with instructions and a complete zip of the required files.
  2.    #62  
    Originally posted by Mol

So you put all the files on the Treo, then run the installation PRC, and that's it?

Could somebody try to work out whether all the files are needed or just some of them? Once that is done I'll put up a page with instructions and a complete zip of the required files.
    I only put in the Installation PRC, and none of the other files. It is large at 413k PRC. It installs all of the files you have from the one main installation file. It is basically like and .exe single installation file that has in it all of the files needed and installs them where they need to be. Then when you start the Treo you see Mail_Inst as an app, when you click on it installs everything and launches the app. The next time you look at the screen it will just be an app called Mail. This was exactly how the Mergic VPN installation went to.

Works great. Got my Yahoo! mail, and set it as my default mail client. Screw you Sprint.
    Originally posted by lnichols

I only put in the Installation PRC, and none of the other files. It is large at 413k PRC. It installs all of the files you have from the one main installation file. It is basically like and .exe single installation file that has in it all of the files needed and installs them where they need to be. Then when you start the Treo you see Mail_Inst as an app, when you click on it installs everything and launches the app. The next time you look at the screen it will just be an app called Mail. This was exactly how the Mergic VPN installation went to.

Works great. Got my Yahoo! mail, and set it as my default mail client. Screw you Sprint.
    It amazes me how sprint could even think about trying to pull something like this off. Dont the realize that the first adpoters of technology like this are NOT their avg picture swapping stumps. Did they not realize that it would only take a matter of weeks for the wizzards to come up with the real dealio. Puleeze.

You guys are the best. I constantly say to myself that if, in some of the crowds I run in, everyone put their minds to one specific problem - it would be solved in short matter. And that not limited to technical matters!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234