Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I think my problem was with the "Saved Preferences" file....after deleting everything and installing a few applications at a time, it seems that was the one that got corrupted by the confusing directions about which Contacts program was to open what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril
    Hmm...
    The program's written in HB++ evaluation version, so I guess this random message pops up a bit more than I thought.
    Will re-write it in another language if I get time, or someone donates $1000
    USD to buy the non-evaluation version of HB++
    I would like to repectfully request the source so if someone has a registered version of HB++ they can compile a non-nagware version.

Thanks.

BTW, Note that I wrote "respectfully request" as opposed to "demand". If you do post source then it is a testament to your generosity. If not, then it is a testament to you excersizing your perogative. Either way it's 'all good'.
    Cojones - check out my post in the other thread about Contacts Application Missing; maybe that'll do what you want.
    Thanks Cyril!
    Newby question: After buying my 600 (which I love) and finding this great community (which has been very helpful) I finally have a minor problem I can't fix. I downloaded the nice app that allowed me to assign "contacts" to one of my hard buttons. Suddenly today, about a week later, when I launch contacts I get a splash page which reads "Powered by HB++ Evaluation Version. For noncommercial use only. 2003 Peter Holmes Consulting". When I click OK, I get my contacts. Minor, but annoying. How do I make the splash page go away without the extra click everytime? Do I owe somebody for the app I downloaded?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Nope, that is a problem with the app itself. The programmer that created it used an "evaluation" development tool and so the resulting app has that splash page. When we asked about that he said that he couldn't justify buying the expensive full version just to create this freeware app. (Can't say I blame him, either.) So there ya have it.

I ended up just mapping the "Contacts" to up button of the dialer. Yeah, I missed being able to get to it immediately from one press of a hard button (and there may be other workarounds now) but it's easy enough as it is so I left well enough alone.
    Try TreoShortcuts by shsh software (www.shsh.com). I believe you have to pay for using 2phone and 2web, but you can use the contacts shortcut for free. Map it to a hardware button and you're good to go. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8. JPA
    Hi,

We (the HB++ team) have received a bunch of queries to remove the splash screen for the Cyril application. Here are some explanations:

HB++ is a compiler for PalmOS and allow you to seamless develop your applications. The HB++ evaluation version is full featured but all applications generated with this version displays a splash screen for a second at startup. It's a fair deal that allow freeware developer to use our compiler freely and that promote our tool. This splash screen is not really annoying for most applications, like PIMs application and so on, but I admit that it is really annoying in this specific case - say the Cyril application!

Another detail is that HB++ Standard Edition is available for 149 euro (not US$1000, as mentioned earlier in this thread).

Anyway, Cyril, just send me your code and I will send you back the compiled application without a nagscreen. I guess I could re write it- but that's your idea, so...All credits to you.

Then, up to you to offer it in this forum. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

JPA
    The HB++ team
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Try TreoShortcuts by shsh software (www.shsh.com). I believe you have to pay for using 2phone and 2web, but you can use the contacts shortcut for free. Map it to a hardware button and you're good to go. Good luck.
    Hey, that works too! For the record, "2Contacts" is part of the "Treo Shortcuts" download, and appears to be working fine for me.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA
    Then, up to you to offer it in this forum. Hope this helps.
    Cool offer from the HB++ team! Hope Cyril sees this, his app is handy for Treo folks to have around.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234