Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Im evaulating snapper mail and I noticed when i try to send email to an hotmail account it gives me an error. I can send email to myself or others but just not a hotmail account. Now is this because im using the trial or is this something that I set up incorrectly. Let me know or recommend another email program that I can use. thanks.
    Copied from SM FAQ:

No, SnapperMail only supports POP3 mailboxes. Hotmail, MSN, and AOL Mail use proprietary protocols. There is a workaround for getting Hotmail and MSN email if an extra mail service is used

Hotmail uses a closed protocol that SnapperMail does not support. However if you're willing to subscribe to our favorite mail service, FastMail, there's a workaround. You can configure your FastMail account to periodically fetch mail from your Hotmail or MSN account, once configured you can use SnapperMail to check your FastMail account using POP3 access.

We've found FastMail to be a very nice service that's cost effective. They charge $14.95 plus $19.95 per year for full membership. Make sure you sign up for the "full membership" plan which includes POP/SMTP access. If you're just requiring an SMTP account to send mail, then the one time $14.95 charge for "member" status is pretty nice. For FastMail SnapperMail settings check out the ISP Configuration page. Feel free to use the referrer code "snappermail" if you sign up!

http://www.fastmail.fm/mail/?STKI=153095
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    uhh, think he's saying that he cant send to a hotmail mailbox, not that he's trying to setup one. no answer on why that would be, unless hotmail banned your smtp server.
    Originally posted by image
    uhh, think he's saying that he cant send to a hotmail mailbox, not that he's trying to setup one. no answer on why that would be, unless hotmail banned your smtp server.
    Hey it's late, getting tired. What can I say.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    yeah im trying to send mail to a hotmail account for some reason it wont work.
    Originally posted by jaydon34
    Can you view the Connection Log (Options menu -> Connection Log menu option) in Snappermail and give us the exact error you are seeing?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by jaydon34
    Why not just use the mobile Hotmail site to send Hotmail emails... I know you just want to use the same email client for all of you mail but set up one of your "Favorites" buttons to direct you to the mobile Hotmail site. Works for me. Just a suggestion...
    What kind of error do you get ?
    The fact is that you're not talking to hotmail, or anybody else, just to your SMTP server and he's the one that does the relay to Hotmail. Do you get a "Relaying denied" type of error by any chance ?

If email is working with other accouts, the problem is probably NOT with SnapperMail
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Do you get the EVERY time you try to send to Hotmail? it's possible they were down. i've got friends on Hotmail and AOHell and several times i get messages sent back, only because the services are down. If only they'd get a real ISP we wouldn't have these problems.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Suggest to take a look at

IzyMail Online

for information on using AOL, MSN, Hotmail, Yahoo in SnapperMail
    This is a great service but it has been really slow at retreiving my AOL mail via SM lately. Never used to be. Any sugestions?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone