Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You read it correct. I finally DROPPED my TREO 600. One of my major concerns about buying a SmartPhone was the durability. My old LG phone was able to take a lot of abuse. I had convinced myself that the TREO 600 was not for me (until I came here). Tonight as I was getting out of my car, my TREO fell out of my belt clip (I didn't snap it all the way in) to the ground. The "OH SH%T" reaction was immediate. To my satisfaction, the TREO was rugged enough to withstand a low impact fall. The leather belt clip case is a must buy.

Any other minor success stories?
    Mine hit a hard wood floor from about three feet.
    No negative effects
    same here.. no problems
    I am waiting for mine to be shipped tomorrow or Friday, but I have dropped my T300 plenty of times. I would imagine that the T600 is a lot more sturdy than a T300 (with the flip lid and all). I have had days where I have dropped the T300 at least 5-6 times (a few of those on concrete and asphalt). Of course I do have a leather fitted case from Casetechworks.com (they appear to be going out of business - nice case though).

Anyway, I haven't had any problems yet. I will definitely get a good leather fitted case for the T600 though. I think it's a must.
    i dropped my Toshiba 2032SP down two flights of stairs (IT WAS AN ACCIDENT I SWEAR) and it was fine... scared the hell outta me.
    I dropped the t600 from about 3 feet onto concrete. Now the microphone doesn't work and I have to use the handsfree kit to make phone calls. It happened within the 14 day happiness guaranteed period (and there are no scratches on the case as a result of the drop), so I'm getting a free replacement.

I dropped my previous phone about 500 times onto concrete and nothing ever broke. This one has only had a single drop and it doesn't work.
    The Treo 600 is one durable device! I keep mine in the front pocket of my pants, which is normally a pretty safe place to store such a small phone. My Treo 600 has kissed the asphalt a couple times this month. It's important to note that it only has one small scratch on the bottom.
    I have to say my T600 even sounds better hitting the floor than my T300 did. More of a THUD to it.
    I dropped mine on about day 3 getting out of my car, it slid out of the case. Hit the parking lot and ended up with a few chips on the paint.

No functional damage - other than the blow to my delicate sensibilities and the near heart attack I gave to my wife. I don't think she ever heard such an agonized sound from me.
    -former
    Dropped my T300 perhaps 50 or 60 times. Most on concrete. Had a whole in one my trouser pockets, kept forgetting which trousers and which pocket.

Regardless, it never stopped functioning. On the last fall the lid snapped off and I finally had to order a replacement but the phone functioned perfectly well even though it was only hanging on by the wires.
    Originally posted by BigTreo
    II have had days where I have dropped the T300 at least 5-6 times (a few of those on concrete and asphalt). Of course I do have a leather fitted case from Casetechworks.com (they appear to be going out of business - nice case though).

Anyway, I haven't had any problems yet. I will definitely get a good leather fitted case for the T600 though. I think it's a must.
    If you have days where you drop the phone 5 or 6 times you might just want to get a checkup with the doctor. He might want YOU to get fitted up with a case.
    Adam West
    I also dropped mine about 3 feet onto concrete. It got a couple scratches on the back but still works just fine.

I'm lucky.
    Originally posted by kwsmith2
    Dropped my T300 perhaps 50 or 60 times. Most on concrete. Had a whole in one my trouser pockets, kept forgetting which trousers and which pocket.
    ROFL!!

Thanks man... this was FUNNY!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by boarder
    I dropped my previous phone about 500 times onto concrete and nothing ever broke.
    Not that its any of my business, but how long did you have this phone to drop it so many times?

I usually have a phone for a year or two. For me that would be like dropping the phone once or twice a day on concrete. Gotta say that is some hardcore phone to put up with abuse like that.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    My wife is the most insensitive woman on the planet. She regularly picks up black and blue bruises...the other month she got a bruise the size of a football on her hip! When I asked her how she got it she said "I don't know." She gets bruises on her legs and arms and face and chest. She hits everything...walls, door edges, people, shopping carts.

She drops her phone every time she picks it up. A watch lasts her a week or two at most. She bangs the watch onto every wall. I gave her a Sprint $ 50 phone its amazing the little 3 ouncer is still alive. It is dented and twisted everywhere. I would not let her hold my 600 ever!

Naturally she is dangerous in bed! She is clutzy like a horse. I'm amazed I still have gonads! I sleep curled away from her and she regularly kicks all night! I try to put two pillows in between us!

One day we were travelling to Orlando from Miami. I was missing a 14 inch screwdriver. I could not find the darn thing. When we got to Orlando she "noticed" she'd been sitting on it for 4 hours without noticing!!!

I am sensitive and careful. If I was sitting on a Treo 600 stylus I'd have to stop the car it would be so uncomfortable!

I never ever drop the phone. In three years I dropped the t300 once. It got some paint damage.

Anybody know a good divorce lawyer?
    Hi all, That is why I ordered egrips, at egrips.com. They are a self stick but easily removed set of grips that stick on to the back and sides of the phone with cutouts for lens etc.

I ordered them a few days ago and it is only about $12 or so bucks. But, it takes 3 WEEKS or so they say! I will report on them when I get them.

take care, jay
    Originally posted by mgauss
    My wife is the most insensitive woman on the planet. She regularly picks up black and blue bruises...the other month she got a bruise the size of a football on her hip! When I asked her how she got it she said "I don't know." She gets bruises on her legs and arms and face and chest. She hits everything...walls, door edges, people, shopping carts.

She drops her phone every time she picks it up. A watch lasts her a week or two at most. She bangs the watch onto every wall. I gave her a Sprint $ 50 phone its amazing the little 3 ouncer is still alive. It is dented and twisted everywhere. I would not let her hold my 600 ever!

Naturally she is dangerous in bed! She is clutzy like a horse. I'm amazed I still have gonads! I sleep curled away from her and she regularly kicks all night! I try to put two pillows in between us!

One day we were travelling to Orlando from Miami. I was missing a 14 inch screwdriver. I could not find the darn thing. When we got to Orlando she "noticed" she'd been sitting on it for 4 hours without noticing!!!

I am sensitive and careful. If I was sitting on a Treo 600 stylus I'd have to stop the car it would be so uncomfortable!

I never ever drop the phone. In three years I dropped the t300 once. It got some paint damage.

Anybody know a good divorce lawyer?
    You and I must be married to the same girl!

Heck, she is the only one I've ever seen break a nokia 3000 series phone. I had to hot wax the battery on, and then piece the case back together and super glue it. One time when in college we got a phone call from campus safety. The guy said he found her phone in a 6 inch deep puddle of water, siting in the parking lot all night! Unbelievable. If you have a clutzy wife...get her a nokia!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    dog got excited and jumped on my wife . . . knocked phone out of jacket pocket fell about 4 ft to concrete . . . nothing but a few scratches on case. the color of the case is the same (unlike the 300) underneath top coating so scratches don't show up as much.
    While getting out of my truck I reached for my T600.; grabbed it and quickly jumped out of the truck.
    In slow motion I realized i had grabbed the wrong end of the standard Treo case and the phone whipped out and skidded bumping along the concrete like it was racing down the Colorado rapids. My T6 hit a depression, flipped and came to rest on the curb.
    I quickly picked it up and rubbed it hoping to cure any ill effects.
    Quick check it lights, Menu, 5way work, off hook speaker phone and I hear the beautiful sound of Dual Tone Multi Frequency. I hang up…half hour later I get a phone call, I put the phone to my head and nothing. Hello, Hello nothing. I press the speaker phone and I can talk.
    Bad Ear Piece.

I take it to the local sprint repair store, wait in line for at least 50 min.
    The tech takes the phone, checks it out. Then gives to the tech in the back room.
    Another 40 to 50 min. They tell me its broke, they have no replacements and call HS.

Moral… Get A Case Quick
    I have dropped my T600 five times already. All have been drops on hard floors and the highest was about 6 feet. The most stressful was when I set it on the bathroom counter to wash my hands - as I reached for the soap I knocked it sideways and it went flying. You guessed, yes, it headed straight for the open bowl. I watched in horror as my new T600 skidded off the counter hit the rim of the bowl but luckily just missed going inside and instead hit the floor.

Why do cell phone companies make the phones so smooth and slick? It would be easy to manufacture them with slim rubber strips on the sides and back that would do wonders in holding on to them. Maybe the T900 will be better in this category.

James
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast