1.    #1  
    OMG! THIS THING IS SWEEEEEEEEET!

Wow, its one thing to talk about (endlessly) about the phone, but once you get it in your hands! WOW!

Anyway, I was finally able to exchange my old Treo300 which had a broken hinge at Best Buy for the Treo600! I had purchased the 3 year extended warranty for the Treo300 and BB agreed to exchange the phone for the Treo600!! W00t! All I had to pay was a $50 upgrade fee for the Treo600 and it was mine! Man, I just can't wait to start playing with this thing! I feel like I've been missing the fun these past few weeks while everyone been getting their T600's!

Also, so far activation has been incredibly smooth. I transfered my old Sprint account to the Treo600 and phone activation and vision provisioning combined took less than 5 minutes! I'm already surfing on blazer!! Cool!

Also, does anyone know if the bundled Palm Desktop on the CD is any different from the latest from PalmOne's website? Should I reload the Desktop or can I just use the one I already have? Tx...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    congrats gfunk! i'd definitely install the cd, because of the device driver, I am imagining.
    You will need to run the Treo 600 install routine in order to sync pictures from your Treo. The installer will not over write any new palm files with older ones.
    Glad to hear your set up went as well as mine. I am quite happy with the T600 after almost 2 weeks. I'm still learning everything that it has a capacity to do. Welcome to the list of active users
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    GFUNK.....

About time!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    G - I'd go ahead and install the desktop from the included CD. I have been mixing desktops from both HAND and Palm since I originally got the 300 last yr. I just installed that desktop that came with the 3 over an existing Palm version, and then later I overwrote that with a newer Palm version. Then, with the 6, I installed the one with the CD and all is good. Go right ahead and you'll be rockin'....
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I'd load the CD. I had a Treo 300...then I loaded the 600 software. Then I loaded the Tungsten T3 software. Then all hell broke loose. Then I deleted the Palm software and reinstalled the T600. All is OK. I returned the T3 and kept the 600.

I'm here in Miami too!
  8.    #8  
    Cool! Thanks guys, I load the Cd then...Now I got to get a SD card so I can use all these apps I spent two hours downloading!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Congrats man! Swing by UM and see if you can still get on Vision. I'm starting to have a hunch my prob may be somehow related to a nearby tower......or something.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    gfunk, what do you think about the low res screen now that you have it in your hands??? I seem to remember that you almost decided against this device when you found out about the low-res screen.
    go.digital
    GFunk..

What titles you get for your Treo 600?. I'm looking for more ways to get value out of mine.

THanks

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Congrats, gfunk.

How long were you using that broken T300, waiting for Best Buy to get the T6? Here in NY, I've had NO luck getting BB to honor any warranty like they said they would at the time of sale.
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Congrats man! Swing by UM and see if you can still get on Vision. I'm starting to have a hunch my prob may be somehow related to a nearby tower......or something.
    Doh! Sorry bro, I'm not in soflo at the moment. However I never had any problems with 1xrtt coverage with my T300 on campus though... However, I'll checkback later...

14.    #14  
    Originally posted by dulan
    gfunk, what do you think about the low res screen now that you have it in your hands??? I seem to remember that you almost decided against this device when you found out about the low-res screen.
    Yeah, I'm dissappointed with the screen...In fact when I went to exchange my old T300, I went and seriously considered various PDA's as well. With over $500 bucks credit, I coudl easily have gotten a sweet handheld if I so desired. But in the end, I guess I needed a phone-centric device than anything else. However, I must admit that if the SE P900 was available, I probably may have gotten that instead.

Btw, I saw the MPx200 and it definitely is a solid device. However, the lack of touchscreen and no camera was a definite downer. Heck, even having the Treo600's crappy camera is better than nothing! Anyway, I don't have any regrets with my decision...but of course it's only been a day!

15.    #15  
    Originally posted by skfny
    Congrats, gfunk.

How long were you using that broken T300, waiting for Best Buy to get the T6? Here in NY, I've had NO luck getting BB to honor any warranty like they said they would at the time of sale.
    My Treo 300 hinge had been deteriorating for about 3-4 weeks, but it had gotten really bad recently. It got to the point where I had to super glue the thing a couple times and it was showing...

Anyway, I'm not sure what experiences you've had at BB? I never asked them for a "replacement' warranty per se. I actually bought the original replacement BB warranty only b/c of the warnings I previously read at the forums here at Treocentral. However, if I had to do it again, I think I probably would have chosen the Lockline warranty (Sprint insurance plan) instead. The way the BB warranty works is that they will replace the device with the same or "equivalent" device if the original is no longer available. Since, BB no longer carried the Treo 300 and recently stopped carrying the SPH-i500 (according to the sales rep), the only "equivalent" device was the Treo 600. All I had to do was pay the difference in the warranty value from my original sales receipt and that was it. If I had instead chosen to use the sales credit for some other device instead of an equivalent smartphone, then the warranty would have been void that day. But b/c I got the Treo 600, my BB warranty is actually still active for another 2 years in case some thing ever happens to my new Treo! That actually isn't that bad a deal IMO! Of course, the whole situation could soured if BB had chosen not to carry the Treo 600, but luckily that was not the case...

3-4 weeks with a broken Treo? That must have been hard. I couldn't go 4 days without it when mine broke. Give that man an extra T6!!!

As far as my BB experiences, I had a defective digital camera with warranty. At the time I bought it, they said I would get immediate replacement under the warranty. When I brought it into the store last month, they gave me a blank look and after a lot of haggling finally agreed to take a look at it- for a month- and with NO loaners. To add insult to injury, they told me if they don't find anything wrong with it, I'd get a service bill. All this, despite the fact that the damn thing would only turn on 1 out of 5 times with fresh batteries! Glad to see that not all BB are crooked like that.