Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just getting a consensus.

The Vaja case at $60 http://www.vajacases.com/pda_eng.htm

or the Bellagio case at $50 http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/showc...d_category3=28

Bellagio case also comes with a second case .

My opinion is the Bellagio .
    Looked so good to me, I went ahead and placed my order...and I haven't even ordered my 600 yet!
  3.    #3  
    Ali you didnt say which case you orderd?

Any one else ordering either .
    I was actually trying to tell too. I love the built in SD card storage of the Vaja, but it seems it would be annoying to deal with the flap to use the phone. Also, it doesn't mention if theres a hole to use the camera, and it would be almost impossible to deal with the flap to take pictures with. However, we do know that the Vaja has a headset jack, which is important to me.

On the other hand, the Bellagio cases don't give two much information, but the non-flip one looks very usable with its camera opening, however, it doesn't mention any opening for the headset jack. It does come with a second case as well, which might be useful, but probably would just be a waste of my money when I only want the non-flip one.

Finally, apparently EB cases also has something under development, so I'm not quite sure how that one will work either. Also, the Covertec cases don't interest me because I want to be able to use the phone with it in the case.
    I like the Bellagio cases. I especially like the cell phone type one plus you get two which is a great offer. I was thinking about getting a Vaja but I didnt really want to have to flip my phone open every time I used it. Do any of you know if the cell phone type has plastic over the screen? I saw that it doesnt have plastic over the keys which is what I wanted but I wanted to know if it was over the screen too. Thanks.
    I've bounced between Bellagio, Vaja, and Covertec. I'm leaning Bellagio since they offer the two case option.

Don't want a flap. Don't want plastic over the keys and screen. An I-volution Vaja option might be a player too.
    Originally posted by VaccPalm
    Ali you didnt say which case you orderd?

Any one else ordering either .
    Oups! My bad. I ordered the Bellagio. I actually ordered the first case out a week or so ago, but now I'm going to return it...since it's still sitting in the box and I have no 600 to put in it YET.
    Does anyone know if the Bellagio case (either the flip or cell phone style) has that vinyl/plastic face on it? That's the showstoper for me with the Covertec.
    Riddle me this, Bellagio:

If the cell phone type case is "custom fit" for the Treo 600, then why does the top strap cover half of the camera lens? Also, why can't we get it without the stupid clip?

It's so close to being what I want. I wonder if they'd make me one to my specs.
    Come on guys, what part of this description do we not understand. It is so frustrating reading complaints about issues that have already been addressed.

Belagio
    Handspring Treo 600 Cell Phone Type PDA Case

Features:
    -Dedicated Fit for Handspring Treo 600
    -Available "with" Removable Spring Loaded Swivel Clip
    -Headphone Jack Access
    -Access to all side controls
    -Full screen visibility
    -Premium Full Grain Leather

Clip is removable
    Headphone jack is accessible

Admittedly the jury is still out on the plastic cover. However, from this image I would guess "no."

I know you like the picture but, sometimes the text can have useful information too.

-DT
    Last edited by DogtownII; 10/30/2003 at 11:03 AM.
    Originally posted by kd_cooke
    Does anyone know if the Bellagio case (either the flip or cell phone style) has that vinyl/plastic face on it? That's the showstoper for me with the Covertec.
    Me too.

I just talked to Bellagio. They do NOT have plastic over the keyboard/screen...they feel the same way as most of us. I went for it and bought the 2 case bundle, $50 for the cases plus $6 for shipping.

He told me they are supposed to receive them on Tuesday the 4th from Bolivia and hope to ship well before the 10th (but don't hold him to it).
    I like the Bellagio Cell Phone Style case alot, however, the camera seems to just barely be covered. How come none of these companies can get it completely right?
    Well, you don't have to worry about using the camera with the flappy thingy on the Vaja case...they completely covered up the camera! You have to remove the phone from the case to get a picture! That is information direct from Vaja when asked.

DANG!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    Originally posted by yosemitesamiam
    Well, you don't have to worry about using the camera with the flappy thingy on the Vaja case...they completely covered up the camera! You have to remove the phone from the case to get a picture! That is information direct from Vaja when asked.

DANG!
    Which is part of the reason I opted for the Bellagio (dual) case.
    I'm probably getting just the Bellagio cell phone type case, but what bothers me is that they only needed to make it (edit: the strap near the camera) a few millimeters more narrow for it to be a completely perfect case.
  16.    #16  
    Just ordered the Bellagio case. The 2 case bundle.
    I think this case is perfect.

I like the flip top since for me its first a PDA then a phone and working in NYC i get bumped into all day and need screen protection

Cant wait for the case.
    Originally posted by Alli

Which is part of the reason I opted for the Bellagio (dual) case.
    Yes...but the more I think about it...as little as I use the camera...would it be that hard to just pull the phone from the case to snap a photo? It doesn't look like it is held in by much...and as it was pointed out in a later post, it does offer some nice protection...maybe the flip Bellagio is the way...or the Vaja....or the Bellagio....or the Vaja....D'OH!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
    Yeah i understand that about opening the snap.. its just the fact that they were so close to having it completely uncovered.

Oh well... oh and I'm just curious as to why you guys are all getting the dual set. Do you really think you'll be switching between the two that often?
    Originally posted by jhoff80
    Yeah i understand that about opening the snap.. its just the fact that they were so close to having it completely uncovered.

Oh well... oh and I'm just curious as to why you guys are all getting the dual set. Do you really think you'll be switching between the two that often?
    You know how we women like our fashion accessory choices.
    Originally posted by Alli

You know how we women like our fashion accessory choices.
    From what I'm realizing now...if I want the flip style case, it looks as though Vaja and Bellagio both covered the camera on those cases. The most important thing for me is screen protection...when it is in my pocket, I keep it in my jeans with the screen facing my leg...I really bump my stuff around pretty good...so I need that flip.
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast