Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Available in Europe

It looks great!

Steve
    It would be nice if someone could make one like that but with a base that provided bluetooth for a headset.

I'll probably end up getting one of those, but I'd definitely get the bluetooth one.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Originally posted by backdoc
    Available in Europe

It looks great!

Steve
    I believe this is only for the GSM version.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Quick fix! Go to best buy, go to the mp3 player section. For thirty dollars there is a Belkin FM transmitter, coupled with a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter ( $3 at radio shack ) and you have a great car kit that works great, is portable and will let you play mp3s through your stereo also! Just set mine up today and it is ten times what I thought it would be! Worse case scenario you take it back and wait for the car kit to come down in price!
    Treoseur
    Has anyone seen a price for the car kit yet either in Euros or other currencies? Would be nice to know what to expect when the CDMA version is available.
    Originally posted by Leeladisky

I believe this is only for the GSM version.

L
    Another ? is, even if you use the form fit case do you have to remove from case to use car kit?? im sure for the vaja cases yes ....better yet what cases will work in conjunction with the car kit
    Originally posted by HumP

Another ? is, even if you use the form fit case do you have to remove from case to use car kit?? im sure for the vaja cases yes ....better yet what cases will work in conjunction with the car kit
    I've not seen the cradle in person, but somewhere I read that other phones used with THB systems must be case-free.

With the T600, power and audio must connect precisely to the inside bottom of the cradle. I very seriously doubt that this can be done if the T600 is any sort of case.

I'm planning on buying the car kit myself and so choice of case will have to accommodate moving the T600 quickly and easily from the cradle into a case. My guess is the nutshell is going to work well in this regard.
    Originally posted by elysian9

I've not seen the cradle in person, but somewhere I read that other phones used with THB systems must be case-free.

With the T600, power and audio must connect precisely to the inside bottom of the cradle. I very seriously doubt that this can be done if the T600 is any sort of case.

I'm planning on buying the car kit myself and so choice of case will have to accommodate moving the T600 quickly and easily from the cradle into a case. My guess is the nutshell is going to work well in this regard.
    i personally wouldn't waste my money on that kit. any kit you run off your cigarette lighter and the mic is in the cradle and speakers are not hard wired to car speakers so that it can cut the radio when calling is bogus.

a true car kit is hard wired to the electical in your car, cuts the radio at time of call, and sends the sound over your speaker system. the mic is often positioned in or around the driver usually attached to the interior roof or visor. there is also a seperate exterior attenna thats wired to the cradle to provide for much better reception. the samsung i500 has a great car/phone kit.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 10/29/2003 at 07:15 PM.
    So europe gets the car kit before us too... WTF is going on here!

I LIVE 15 MILES FROM HANDSPRING!
    Quick fix! Go to best buy, go to the mp3 player section. For thirty dollars there is a Belkin FM transmitter, coupled with a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter ( $3 at radio shack ) and you have a great car kit that works great, is portable and will let you play mp3s through your stereo also! Just set mine up today and it is ten times what I thought it would be! Worse case scenario you take it back and wait for the car kit to come down in price!
    Can you post a photo?

What about a microphone?

Does the Belkin take the headset output and broadcast it to the stereo so you can hear on the speakers? If so, don't you get a problem when the microphone picks up the sound from the speakers -- like on those cheap cigarrette light adaptor/car kits?

Anyone find a price for that European model?
    Originally posted by JTREOB

i personally wouldn't waste my money on that kit. any kit you run off your cigarette lighter and the mic is in the cradle and speakers are not hard wired to car speakers so that it can cut the radio when calling is 2nd rate.

a true car kit is hard wired to the electical in your car, cuts the radio at time of call, and sends the sound over your speaker system. the mic is often positioned in or around the driver usually attached to the interior roof or visor. there is also a seperate exterior attenna thats wired to the cradle to provide for much reception. the samsung i500 has a great car/phone kit.
    You've got that at least partially wrong. The kit comes with two installation packages: one for the cigarette lighter, and the other for hard wiring to the car's electrical system. I don't know if an installer can tweak this to disconnect the radio audio on a call, but that is certainly possible. The mic can be positioned anywhere, visor, wherever, and the audio can be wired into the car speakers, I think, but not certain on that one. We could send en email to THB and ask them, since they manufacture it and also made one for the 270.

Some interesting links to THB:

For Treo 270 (possible 300, not sure)

http://www.thb.de/_eng/index2.php, navigate to "hands free car kits, then selct "Treo" under "Komfort"

It's not at all clear if any of their accessories will support the T600

Working in conjunction with your car radio's existing mute function, Switch box for 4 speakers, etc. Click on accessories:

http://www.thb.de/_eng/index2.php

In the past, difficult to get a reply out them, but their email address: infoline@thb.de
    Last edited by elysian9; 10/29/2003 at 07:37 PM.
    if they can provide a hard wired kit, that will travel over the speaker system cutting the radio, and it has a positionable mic with an exterior attena i'll buy it. the one in the pic is not somthing of interest to me.
    I think the cradle shown on the HS (US/Euro) site is fine. (Forget the kit shown on THB, its 270/300.) The rest of it one doesn't see. Do you object to the cradle design?
    Has anyone else got this home-made solution to work well? With a $600 phone, the car kit should be first rate.
    I have ordered the Treo 600 car kit from Seidio. Haven't got it yet, but it looks like the best solution until a hard wired unit comes out. At least it "says" it is a 100% hands free kit.
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Has anyone ever used a Seidio car kit? How are they?
    Has anyone tried using a car holder and just use the Treo 600's speaker phone option?
    Just notified by HS that the my car kit has shipped.
    I still want to know for sure if this kit would work with the CDMA model. I think that HS just said that the GSM version won't work with the CDMA because of the CDMA contract with Superior Communications. Hopefully some GSM owner will get the kit and know a CDMA owner that can try out the phone in the kit. I want the car kit so bad.
    The car kit is being offered in both hardwired and plug-n-play versions using TH Bury's TrendTalk system. Trendtalk is pretty nice- when you change phones, you can replace the cradle, and continue to use the rest of the installed system.

Here's a link to the zipped PDF catalog from THBury.

http://www.thb-usa.com/pdf/catalog_082603.zip

flip to the page on TrendTalk to see the two versions- hard wired and softwired. Also check out the page explaining hardwire harnesses that are plug-n-play for some cars, their external display option (I don't know if it will work with the 600), and the accessories page.

The other car kit being marketed is a "universal" thing which wedges your phone between foam blocks, and then requires you to start plugging wires into it. It looks like a bad science experiment in my opinion.

The one question I'm trying to figure out is if you can use USB connectivity in conjunction with the kit so you can plug in your GPS receiver... I really don't want to resort to this...

turning a cradle into a car kit

I don't work for these guys- I've just been following them for quite a while waiting for the Treo 300 car kit which never materialized on US shores to my knowledge. Did anyone ever end up with one? I've seen a photo...

Do a froogle.com search and you'll find the car kit for $119. Not too bad...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast