1.    #1  
    anyone tried this yet? i just want one to keep in my briefcase - when i want to write like 10 emails etc...
    The palm side of the palmOne equation has a 'wireless' keyboard that works off the I/R port. I installed the driver on my Treo 600 and was pleasantly surprised to see that I was able to type straight away. The only problem I find is I type a bit hard on the keyboard and it jostles the Treo around in the tray the keyboard uses to make the PDAs stand vertically in, and the Treo tends to list like a ship in a high wind... but it works.
  3.    #3  
    the IR port is on the top of the treo - how does it communicate w/ the keyboard? you don't have to set it upside down do you? how do you like the keyboard? do you have a link to the one you have so i'm sure not to get an incompatible one? thanks so much...
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    anyone tried this yet? i just want one to keep in my briefcase - when i want to write like 10 emails etc...
    I have it and LOVE!!!!!!!!! it

it is really great
    simple driver to install, very study, very lightweight, very thin. very terrific...

it has a home in my bag

only critisism is the the adaptor to plug into the keyboard to charger for the treo is easy to lose
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    the IR port is on the top of the treo - how does it communicate w/ the keyboard? you don't have to set it upside down do you? how do you like the keyboard? do you have a link to the one you have so i'm sure not to get an incompatible one? thanks so much...
    Check out the attached photo... see the 2 things sticking up from the top of the Treo? The shorter is the antenna and the longer is an I/R receptor on a boom that swings up from the keyboard. So you don't have to invert the screen or stand on your head.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by ShadowDweller

Check out the attached photo... see the 2 things sticking up from the top of the Treo? The shorter is the antenna and the longer is an I/R receptor on a boom that swings up from the keyboard. So you don't have to invert the screen or stand on your head.
    I see only 4 rows of keys! What's keys/ functions are missing?
    you guys are confusing things-----these are different products
    Sprint sells one for the 300 et als that has a mirrored metal piece that reflects the IR beams to and from the keyboard and phone----no connection. It is unknown if this driver works for the 600
    the new one on the handspring site is wire connected and can also charge the 600 if you supply the cable. this is due for release in a few weeks.
    There are other choices also.
    Question ====which keyboard for the 300 had software driver that worked on the 500 as reported??
    t
    JON
  8.    #8  
    so Shadow, this is the one available on the palmOne site and it works fine? it's cheaper than the others i've seen around 2... 70 vs. 100.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed

I have it and LOVE!!!!!!!!! it

it is really great
    simple driver to install, very study, very lightweight, very thin. very terrific...

it has a home in my bag

only critisism is the the adaptor to plug into the keyboard to charger for the treo is easy to lose
    weebit which one do you have that works w/ the 600?
    I have the 'Palm Wireless Keyboard' also (that specific model name), and it does indeed work quite well.

Well I was going to paste in the URL for it, but the picture link is just a javascript command - just go to palmone.com, and yes, it's the one for $69.95. I actually bought it before I got my 600, and was using a 300. It didn't work with the 300 (no go on OS3.5), but it's great on the 600. It's awesome to talk on the spkrphone, and take notes via the keyboard while talking.

I think Weebit must have a different one, since there's no place in the one I have to plug in any kind of charger.
  11.    #11  
    so does the treo just kind of rest on it? as you're pounding away on the keys does it fall over? how does the keyboard "feel" overall? how small is it (compared to the treo) when folded up? thanks!!!!
    I just played with the PalmOne wireless keyboard at Compusa and it seems very nice indeed. Below is a nice review FYI for all those interested:

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Ha...eless_Keyboard

IMO, this is a better solution b/c you aren't tied down to the Treo 600 connector. Thus, this would be a great keyboard if you have more than one PalmOS pda. Furthermore, it's already been reported that PalmOne probably will use the PUC on any future Treos, thus even more reason not to get the Treo specfic keyboard..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I just received the collapsible Treo 600 keyboard (not wireless) from Mobile Planet - I love it! It collapses to a tiny, thin size, but also has the dedicated number keys. Because it's designed for the T600, it has shortcut keys to all the typical organizer / web / e-mail functions, as well as a button that acts as the center button of the 5-way - works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I checked themobile planet website and it still say on order. How did you get it.
    The one from mobileplanet is the one I want. Does anyone else carry it?
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I ordered the keyboard and earphones from my treo. I even made a typo in my name. I couldn't figure how to fix it on the site, but if the keyboard arrives soon you'll have a new customer.
  18.    #18  
    so do we think the treo specific one or the palmOne wireless one is the better buy??