1. NBP
    Watching the pricing for the T600 (Sprint version) has been interesting over the past several weeks.

When it was first spotted on ebay (prior to Sprint's release, I believe) there were a few priced above MSRP. Then, in the first few days after Handspring's upgrade promotion went into effect, the price came down to ~$530 a unit - still a healthy premium to the $399 upgrade price. More recently, as more people have received their T600s from Handspring and tried to arbitrage them right away, the price has come down quite a bit (mid $400s). Now, as more units become backordered (i.e. reduced supply), the inventory glut on ebay gets thinned out, and the Handspring promotion expires, it will be interesting to see where prices on ebay go. If demand for the T600 stays strong (as I imagine it will), we might see prices climb again in the next week or so.

All of this is predicated on some other variables, of course. Should Handspring extend the promotion, obviously it will keep the resell price down. Also, if Sprint changes its $150 discount for a two-year contract, the price would be kept lower on the resell market.

I know this isn't really the topic of these threads, but ebay is a great observation of supply-demand and market forces.

Anybody care to comment?
  2. NBP
    Unfortunately, my observation sparked nobody else's interest. In any event, I think it is interesting that market dynamics are, indeed, playing themselves out. Current prices for Sprint Treo 600s are back into the range of $585 as supply from HS and Sprint have become scarce.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Originally posted by NBP
    Unfortunately, my observation sparked nobody else's interest. In any event, I think it is interesting that market dynamics are, indeed, playing themselves out. Current prices for Sprint Treo 600s are back into the range of $585 as supply from HS and Sprint have become scarce.
    NBP,

I found it interesting! I was actually thinking the same thing when I was shopping for the treo.

Anyways, I got mine today from handspring so I'm gonna go play with it.
    The same thing happened for the 300. New 300's were going for 280.00 - 300.00 on ebay before the 600 was released.

Then the price dropped. I was lucky to get 200.00 for my treo 300. Now I think they are in the 130.00 - 150.00 range, or less.

As soon as ebay got flooded with Treo 300's , the price dropped. Funny how supply and demand works.