Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    well on my samsung n400 if on data and voice call come in then cuts off data and call comes in
  2.    #82  
    Originally posted by IL PROGETTO
    well on my samsung n400 if on data and voice call come in then cuts off data and call comes in
    Sorry, but I seriously doubt that. What I think is more likely occurring is that voice callls come through while there is a non-active data conneciton on the handset. This, btw, is the exact same thing that occurs on the Treo. If your browsing a web page on blazer, for example, but are not actively downloading data at the moment, a voice call will come through. But this cannot occur while streaming music via PT obviously...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've purchased the Deluxe version and downloaded beta 2.1 to stream from Shoutcast, but I keep getting the message when I launch that "This is a beta version of Pocket Tunes..."

Is there any way to get rid of this message, or do we just need to wait for a non-beta?
  4.    #84  
    I've purchased the Deluxe version and downloaded beta 2.1 to stream from Shoutcast, but I keep getting the message when I launch that "This is a beta version of Pocket Tunes..."
    You have to use the beta, not the delux. Download from the link in first post in this thread...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I *am* using the Beta, and that's why it's giving me the annoying message "This is a beta version of Pocket Tunes" when I launch it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Anyone have this working at this time?

I keep getting "unable to play file".
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I found out why I couldn't get the stream to work. The URL has a 4 digit number at the end such 8000. I didn't realize until I edited the PLS file that there is a colon before the 8000 not a period.

XXX.XX.XXX.XX:8000
    When I go to edit playlist , I do not get shout cast as an option. I uninstalled the version I got with my Treo and installed beta version.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    To use Shoutcast with Pocket Tunes, you must have the beta and register for the Deluxe version. You enter your registration code in the beta and then Shoutcast is available.
    I've tried everything to get the XXX.XXX.XXX:8000 kaka to show up when I open it with notepad. I still get "try again tomorrow".
    Yall think you can share some of the port #'s?
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    On your desktop computer, go to Shoutcast.com. Find the stream that you want. Right click on the "Tune in" icon. Select "Save Target as" and save the file somewhere on your hard drive. Open that file with Notepad. You will see a jumbled looking file. Somewhere in that mess, you will see url's like we have been talking about. Write that down.

Use that URL in Pocket Tune on your 600.
  12.    #92  
    Or even better, just download the playlist (click on "Tune In") and play it on Winamp. Then right click on the playlist and select "View File Info". You will then see the correct url and port to enter into pocket tunes...

i have the $10 unlimited vision plan. i just upgraded pTunes for $9.95 and am just LOVING the fact that i can stream web stations whenever i want. however, should i be concerned about vision being taken away from me? i checked my MB usage and already it's at 65MB!
    Originally posted by nmotion
    Plus... battery life. The 3 hr a day reference affects not using voice, and the killing of battery.

That 100->85% for 30 min reference is worth noting... simple math says that the phone probably wouldnt last more than that 3 hrs.

In all, I could see how a 2 hr commute somewhere, streaming to keep ya busy is cool, and doesnt hurt anyone, and still have some battery left over.

Very cool deal.
    Well I'm still quite happy with it, but as I mentioned earlier, my report of 15% battery drainage from 100% in 30mins was with an earbuds and screen off to minimize energy drain-- so this alone might be reason enough to consider the sled battery--whenever-the-heck it comes out!!

Now if I could just get that derned headphone adapter to stay plugged in when I'm listening to Shoutcast!! :-p
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    I noticed the stream stops when you connect or disconnect the synch/charge cable.

Sometimes I have to reset my phone to get it to start playing again.

Was hoping to play this stream but it is probably too large/high bitrate - anyone able to get it to play?
    http://www.lamrim.com/mp3/listen.pls - Tibetan Buddhist lectures and talks.
    You have have realized it yourself by now, but I posted earlier in this thread so people wouldn't think they needed to reset: at least in my experience the unplugging/plugging of the sync /power cable only causes streaming to pause not stop. Just hit the play button. On the otherhand, there does seem to be some type of cache or memory limit that gets maxed after a while--esp. if you change stations a lot. You can either reset, or simply have the same station listed a few times and select a different one to restart it.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Originally posted by TreoTheo

On the otherhand, there does seem to be some type of cache or memory limit that gets maxed after a while--esp. if you change stations a lot. You can either reset, or simply have the same station listed a few times and select a different one to restart it.
    It's been mentioned above.
    It's got a bug. It doesn't close TCP connections, or at least doesn't free up whatever resources it they take. Causes the OS to run out of available tcp sockets and then it can't stream, can't browse, can't do anything with Vision. The only fix is a soft reset.

ian
    sorry to keep asking this but will we get our vision taken away if we listen too much??? i've had $10 vision for over a year now and i'd hate to have it cut off...
    Originally posted by michelle
    i have the $10 unlimited vision plan. i just upgraded pTunes for $9.95 and am just LOVING the fact that i can stream web stations whenever i want. however, should i be concerned about vision being taken away from me? i checked my MB usage and already it's at 65MB!
    Kind of off topic, but how did you check your data usage? I didn't see it on the sprintPCS portal, although my voice usage is available...
    Nice People Suck Less.
    hit ##786 and dial to see the amount of data your treo's accumulated. you'd be surprised how fast it grows when you stream webcasts...thus i am concerned...
    I am also concerned about Sprint taking away our unlimited Vision usage based on heavy use for streaming and for some, using it with laptops for faster-than-dial-up wireless internet. Actually, I'm more concerned about those who use their phone with their laptop for high-speed internet, because I'm sure that's a heavier application of Vision internet services vs streaming at this point and provides for much greater data transfer than streaming of 24kps audio. Though of course, using PCS services for internet while you're away from a high-speed connection is a great capability.

But maybe we're ok.... up until now, I have only used my Treo 600 for Vision PCS services and e-mail (no audio streaming or use with a laptop for internet yet), and I have already used 22mb in two weeks. I thought that was pretty high. I can't imagine use for 24kps audio streaming would grossly add to our PCS usage.

In addition, I can't imagine those using their Treo for streaming will be doing it for hours on end. At 24kps, it's fine for when you're sitting on a train, in an airport, maybe in the car, but if you're in front of a PC with internet access, there are much better options.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast